More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 03, 08:04:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Frozen Sims on Dates and at Parties *fixed*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Frozen Sims on Dates and at Parties *fixed*  (Read 3746 times)
sarianastar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Frozen Sims on Dates and at Parties *fixed*
« on: 2008 September 27, 01:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first I thought my College Greek house was borked, because every time I would throw a party, sims would arrive, then as soon as the party started, freeze in motion. Just standing there. They cannot be interacted with, they can't be asked to leave, nothing. I made one selectable to see if there was something stuck in his queue, but there was nothing. Soon as I made him selectable, he unfroze and started autonomously interacting.

I have all SP and EP's. I updated everything that had an AL update, took out everything that didn't. Everything was working fine after installing AL until recently. It was after the alfixes hack was released, cause initially I thought that might have broke it, but I had the same thing even after removing that to test.

Now, I thought it was just parties at the Greek House, but then it happened at a birthday party I had on my Sims lot. This isn't just one lot or family, I've tried it on several. I also had a Sim go out on a date with another Sim, and the same thing happened there.  The date froze on the community lot, until I made him selectable. After that, he autonomously interacted on the date.

Towards the end of the date, they both had wants to woohoo in the car, so I directed them both to sit in the car, but once there, there was absolutely no interaction available for woohooing. At the end of the date, I couldn't ask the date back home, cause he was selectable. Upon making him unselectable any itneractions dropped out of queue and he stood there frozen. The date ended well due to my intervention, but this problem stinks. The date was a Townie. The parties had both playable sims from other lots, and townies invited to it. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I DID try using the bat box to fix on in world and off world. I didn't have boolprop testingcheatsenabled on though. When I DID turn that on then use the bat box, I got a gazillion items with errors, audio errors, app errors, errors with sims, with objects.

Hit Break Point Primitive.

That seemed to be the same error on all the object items, including like garden plot, orchard trees, pond fish.

I don't know if one has anything to do with the other, but using the bat box didn't fix the problem with sims freezing in place on dates and at parties.

Any help would be appreciative.

« Last Edit: 2008 October 10, 12:12:33 by sarianastar » Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<br />My Legacy Stories<br />http://www.sarianastar.com/ts2<br /><br />~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Frozen Sims on Dates and at Parties
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 27, 02:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Getting break point errors when you use Reset All on the Batbox is normal, that is how the game resets all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sarianastar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 27, 03:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah okay, glad that it's a normal result then.

So then I still have no idea why my sims are freezing on dates and at parties. When I did the fix all with the Batbox, it didn't change that aspect of the problem.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<br />My Legacy Stories<br />http://www.sarianastar.com/ts2<br /><br />~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 27, 19:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens when you remove your entire Downloads folder?  Dump it on the desktop and load a test 'hood to see.  I bet you have an outdated hack.

purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 29, 18:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread might help.

sarianastar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Frozen Sims on Dates and at Parties *fixed*
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 10, 12:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the replies. I have Targa's backdrop, but none of them show up as a hack with Clean Installer. Turns out, after removing my entire Hacks folder, and grabbing new files from the hack list here, it works now. I must have had an outdated hack, even though I had thought I'd updated all awesome hacks. Thanks for the suggestions.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: