More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:16:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Darcyland
| |-+  Lord Darcy Investigates (Moderator: Lord Darcy)
| | |-+  Vacation Souvenirs Buyable Everywhere (Including Fix for Missing OFB functions)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vacation Souvenirs Buyable Everywhere (Including Fix for Missing OFB functions)  (Read 17348 times)
Lord Darcy

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Vacation Souvenirs Buyable Everywhere (Including Fix for Missing OFB functions)
« on: 2008 July 29, 15:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod removes the neighborhood check for all 3 kinds of vacation souvenirs. Sims can buy souvenirs everywhere, not just in appropriate vacation sub'hood. No more "out of these imported items" message when Sims are trying to buy souvenirs at the community lots located in non-vacation 'hoods.

In addition, this mod makes souvenir racks fully usable in OFB businesses.
It seems that EAxis originally built souvenir racks with OFB businesses in mind, but scrapped the idea at the last moment, as OFB codes in souvenir racks remain unfinished. Souvenir racks come with full OFB features, complete with half-filled and empty state. (See the screenshot below.) You can set the price, restock, show item to customers. They have capacity of up to 15 items per rack in OFB businesses. (But if playables shop at neighbor's owned business, they can buy only 8 items per rack.)

However, OFB codes of souvenir racks are incomplete. Restockers will ignore understocked racks. Customers will jump out of racks when they pick up an item, and souvenir box will not be created on their hands.

ETA: Pescado explained that Restock routine DID exist in unpatched BV, but got removed by subsequent BV patches. WTF, why take away existing features instead of fixing other gazillion bugs?

Actually, the souvenir racks ORIGINALLY worked, in p0. Either in p1 or p2, EAxis intentionally sabotaged them in an attempt to render them unrestockable, because, apparently, the nuisance of buying them ONE at a time from the original vacation lot when you need them in minimum doses of 5 was not enough.

I complemented the missing OFB codes for 3 souvenir racks. They will be added to Restock routine. Also, the souvenir box will be correctly created on customers' hand, and the proper animation for getting an item from souvenir racks (the same one as jewelry rack) will be called.

Pity that Sims can't set up tourist traps in vacation 'hoods, but at least they can sell ridiculously overpriced imported crapola to hapless townies.  Cheesy

Installation:

Place in your My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads folder.
 (Or in a subfolder of Downloads folder.)

Changelog:

v1.0: Initial release.

Credits:

Everyone who contributed to SimPE

* LdDarcy_SouvenirBuyableEverywhere_BV.zip (2.03 KB - downloaded 1494 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 August 05, 05:57:20 by Lord Darcy » Logged

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
Re: Vacation Souvenirs Buyable Everywhere (and sellable at OFB businesses too)
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 29, 16:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  I have a "beach" business in Bluewater with a island souvenir rack.  I could have *sworn* I saw Sims buying things from it, only it didn't seem to need to be restocked.

PB

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
Re: Vacation Souvenirs Buyable Everywhere
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 29, 17:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  I have a "beach" business in Bluewater with a island souvenir rack.  I could have *sworn* I saw Sims buying things from it, only it didn't seem to need to be restocked.

As I said, the racks already come with full OFB features in the stock game. I only complemented some missing OFB codes, like restocker routine and missing animation. I changed the misleading topic title.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 29, 17:24:05 by Lord Darcy » Logged

unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 01, 19:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only 'rack" items that I had been able to put for sale in my commerical lots have been the basic jewelry. These souvenirs being made buyable is a welcome addition. Any chance that the vacation jewelry might be forthcoming?

Lord Darcy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 02, 00:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only 'rack" items that I had been able to put for sale in my commerical lots have been the basic jewelry. These souvenirs being made buyable is a welcome addition.
You should be able to set them for sale even in unmodded game, like pet collar rack or perfume rack.

Any chance that the vacation jewelry might be forthcoming?
Already has been done.

unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 02, 19:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance that the vacation jewelry might be forthcoming?
Already has been done.
[/quote]

Thank you for the link. The cautionary statement does seem to not encourage usage being that it interfers with 'combing for shells'. I would be unlikely to remember to remove those download racks after the recommended CAS use.

Given that, I will make myself content and satisfied with the vacation souvenirs that you have made available. Much thanks.
Angeleyez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 04, 04:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, you come up with the best fixes in the game.  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 04, 12:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In addition, this mod makes souvenir racks fully usable in OFB businesses.
It seems that EAxis originally built souvenir racks with OFB businesses in mind, but scrapped the idea at the last moment, as OFB codes in souvenir racks remain unfinished. Souvenir racks come with full OFB features, complete with half-filled and empty state. (See the screenshot below.) You can set the price, restock, show item to customers. They have capacity of up to 15 items per rack in OFB businesses. (But if playables shop at neighbor's owned business, they can buy only 8 items per rack.)

However, OFB codes of souvenir racks are incomplete. Restockers will ignore understocked racks. Customers will jump out of racks when they pick up an item, and souvenir box will not be created on their hands.
Actually, the souvenir racks ORIGINALLY worked, in p0. Either in p1 or p2, EAxis intentionally sabotaged them in an attempt to render them unrestockable, because, apparently, the nuisance of buying them ONE at a time from the original vacation lot when you need them in minimum doses of 5 was not enough.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: