More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:42:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  The application has crashed. The application will now terminate.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The application has crashed. The application will now terminate.  (Read 19596 times)
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
The application has crashed. The application will now terminate.
« on: 2008 July 02, 17:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something in my decorative/miscellaneous area in BUY mode is making my game scream DO NOT WANT at me. See here:

Problem: It must be some form of CC in there. Bigger problem: I dump EVERYTHING (and I mean EVERYTHING) in the one Downloads folder. I don't re-name anything so I don't have a clue what's what.

I deleted the .cigen thing and it actually let me go into the miscellaneous section in my decorative area. Before I'd go click on the 'miscellaneous' button and it'd terminate on me.

This started yesterday, and I downloaded heaps of stuff yesterday. But God knows when I put the problem CC in my Downloads folder, I never bother decorating my sim's houses Tongue

I tried to do a binary search yesterday but it's kinda hard when you don't know what's what. I downloaded the clean installer to see what hacks it tells me I have but I noticed some random stuff got classified as hacks (like a wardrobe) so I don't know how reliable my hacks list is.

So. What do those More Awesome Than Me think?

ETA: Fuck. This should be in the "Opps, you broke it!" board, not the Podium. Sorry. Or should it? Blah, it's 4AM. I won't bother worrying about it. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 02, 17:56:03 by Jess Maree » Logged

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: The application has crashed. The application will now terminate.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 02, 18:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Potatoe Potatoh.

50/50 is the obvious answer, but I'd start with anything Peggy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 02, 18:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use delphy's download organizer from MTS2 : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=227925

The good thing about this is it dates when you put the items in your folder if you use it regularly.  Easier to find things like your crashing problem.

You can catagorize items too and that may help you find it by just putting small amounts of files into your download folder.

Before you start, backup your download folder and put it somewhere safe.  Be leary about deleting anything that shows as an orphan, because it is not updated (to my knowledge) for Freetime, K&B, and Ikea.  So it will find recolors of those as orphans.

Good luck!
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 July 02, 20:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sort your files by date, and do a binary search just on the items added since yesterday.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 July 02, 20:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, this should be easey peasey compared to some awful crashing objects I've seen. Furthermore, use a download organizer to find decorative items you downloaded yesterday.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 July 02, 20:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use delphy's download organizer from MTS2 : http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=227925
The good thing about this is it dates when you put the items in your folder if you use it regularly.  Easier to find things like your crashing problem
You can catagorize items too and that may help you find it by just putting small amounts of files into your download folder.
Yeah, except for the fact that it barfs on anything that's been compressorized and will not sort them in a lot of cases, just tells you that the files can't be moved. Good for identifying what a file is labeled as though.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 July 02, 23:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The good thing about this is it dates when you put the items in your folder if you use it regularly.  Easier to find things like your crashing problem
Yeah, except for the fact that it barfs on anything that's been compressorized and will not sort them in a lot of cases, just tells you that the files can't be moved. Good for identifying what a file is labeled as though.

Ah! Clear your database, do a new scan of your folder, and  Delphy's download organizer brings up all compressiorized downloads, in my experience. It just doesn't seem to be able to add to compressed files to the database. Am I the only one this works for? Huh
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 July 03, 00:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clear database how? I've done so much to try to get this thing to work, I may have already done that. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, It still gives a ton of errors on scan.

Edit: wait, never mind, I've done that before. Didn't help. Error after error at the scan. I'm trying again but I will more then likely get the same result. That being, a couple hundred files giving me an "# or files were NOT moved" message when I try. Maybe there is something I'm missing somewhere though.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 03, 02:34:37 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 July 03, 02:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I grabbed Delphy's download organiser and I found 21 items in the decorative -> miscellaneous area. I moved them out so I'll check to see if the game still crashes. I don't really NEED any of those items so I'll probably just delete them Tongue

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 July 03, 03:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I grabbed Delphy's download organiser and I found 21 items in the decorative -> miscellaneous area. I moved them out so I'll check to see if the game still crashes. I don't really NEED any of those items so I'll probably just delete them Tongue

Well, if you do decide to narrow it down, come back and tell me the file. I'm having the same issue at the moment and I have hundreds of files in deco.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 03, 03:25:52 by morriganrant » Logged

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 July 03, 03:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Judging by the screenshot, it looks like your game crashed the moment you clicked on the ReflexSims rug. Fucked up meshes can make the game crash when you try to access them in the buy mode catalog. I'd start by the ReflexSims rug in your screenshot.

Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 July 03, 03:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually Lord Darcy, it crashes when I click on the arrow to go across. If I go into 'all' for Deco and click across it eventually crashes.

I deleted all the CC items in Deco -> Misc and it still crashes. Not cool. At the moment I'm just ignoring that section like the plague.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 July 03, 03:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually Lord Darcy, it crashes when I click on the arrow to go across. If I go into 'all' for Deco and click across it eventually crashes.

I deleted all the CC items in Deco -> Misc and it still crashes. Not cool. At the moment I'm just ignoring that section like the plague.

Do you have all EPs? The current version of CEP is known to make the game crash for people who don't own BV when you try to access garden rocks in the buy mode. The garden rocks are located in Deco/Misc section.

Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 July 03, 03:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Uni, NL and Seasons. I have no idea what version of CEP I have...

So...what can I do?

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 July 03, 03:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Uni, NL and Seasons. I have no idea what version of CEP I have...

So...what can I do?

Install the newest CEP, but uncheck "Garden Rocks" in CEP-Extra section.

Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 July 03, 04:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That fixed it, thanks Lord Darcy! Grin

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 July 03, 04:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well damn, that's not my problem, I have BV. Back to sorting.

Indoor Girl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 July 07, 10:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, and I have all the EP's and four SP's. Only I'm geting it in"desks", when I come to the catalog page with the Freetime desk. How about you?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 July 07, 22:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, and I have all the EP's and four SP's. Only I'm geting it in"desks", when I come to the catalog page with the Freetime desk. How about you?

Mine was the same place as Jess maree's. In deco. Currently, I'm using the download organizer to organize by type and then by sub type. It is much simpler and faster to test one folder with a couple hundred files then it is to test the 50,000 other files with it.

Kangaroop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 July 09, 01:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem, but I found the problem file after following the 50/50 method.
Do you have Anoeskab's (from TSR) "Maxis More Functional: Free Time" set?  The desk file conflicts with the Freetime desk and crashed my game everytime I tried to enter a lot with the desk or the catalog page.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 July 09, 03:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, and I have all the EP's and four SP's. Only I'm getting it in"desks", when I come to the catalog page with the Freetime desk. How about you?
I had the same problem, but I found the problem file after following the 50/50 method.
Do you have Anoeskab's (from TSR) "Maxis More Functional: Free Time" set?  The desk file conflicts with the Freetime desk and crashed my game everytime I tried to enter a lot with the desk or the catalog page.

That's probably it. I do have Anoeska's sets. Damn, I'll probably go through the trouble of figuring out how to go about fixing that one with simpe, I rather liked the idea of the set. I had been wondering why they were in red with clean installer though.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 July 09, 09:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where did you get your file? The file in the booty seems to be broken, I can't open it in SimPE either. No wonder it makes the game crash, as the fix overrides CRES of FT desk.

Indoor Girl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 July 09, 12:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, that was it. Thanks!
Kangaroop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 July 09, 13:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where did you get your file? The file in the booty seems to be broken, I can't open it in SimPE either. No wonder it makes the game crash, as the fix overrides CRES of FT desk.

Someone uploaded the set to Garden of Shadows, so it's directly from TSR.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 July 09, 15:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed version is available in Peasantry.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: