More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:18:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Broken dresser? And one more question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Broken dresser? And one more question  (Read 4407 times)
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Broken dresser? And one more question
« on: 2008 July 01, 20:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I get the following error with the Ikea pre-order dresser, is it just a bad file or something else? I tried using a couple of different ones (from the Ikea SP I mean) and they worked okay.

Also, I suppose I did something wrong and now all clothing and hair in CAS has the delete button enabled, even base game ones! I almost never delete stuff from there, but still it's a risk I wouldn't like to take. What could have triggered that? The only thing relevant to this that I did recently is change some properties of a couple cc outfits so that they'd show up as base game clothes cause I didn't want them showing up in the first page of the clothes. I suppose I did something bad?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dive in!
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Broken dresser? And one more question
« Reply #1 on: 2008 July 01, 23:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I get the following error with the Ikea pre-order dresser, is it just a bad file or something else? I tried using a couple of different ones (from the Ikea SP I mean) and they worked okay.

That's because the idiots in EAxis originally built this dresser as an OFB small dresser, but forced it at the last moment into the format of base game dresser to make it standalone. The joints, slots and whatnot are all wrong, resulting in total FUBAR.  Angry Of course, with all those b0rkeness found in the Store payshit, it comes as no surprise at all...

I'm on the way of fixing this dresser. It still needs a bit more work, to remove duplicate resources and to make it recolorable, but at least it's now functional. It's now only compatible with OFB or later, as it should have been.

Oh, forgot to tell that it now requires IKEA pack, as I removed the fucked up mesh from the preorder package. Instead, it uses the originally intended OFB-style dresser mesh found in IKEA pack.

ETA: Finished version is now available in Decustomized Preorder thread.

Also, I suppose I did something wrong and now all clothing and hair in CAS has the delete button enabled, even base game ones! I almost never delete stuff from there, but still it's a risk I wouldn't like to take. What could have triggered that? The only thing relevant to this that I did recently is change some properties of a couple cc outfits so that they'd show up as base game clothes cause I didn't want them showing up in the first page of the clothes. I suppose I did something bad?

Decustomized skins or clothing unlockers are known to cause such a problem occasionally. Same thing can happen when you forgot to close SimPE before you start the game. Try to locate the culprit by removing the most recently decustomized skin.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 05, 12:58:31 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Broken dresser? And one more question
« Reply #2 on: 2008 July 01, 23:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew it that there must be something wrong with that dresser, at first it didn't show up from Bins but did from Downloads and then that.

Ah, thanks a lot Lord Darcy!

Dive in!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: