More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:04:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Weirdness In CAS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weirdness In CAS  (Read 2825 times)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Weirdness In CAS
« on: 2008 May 26, 18:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have some weird glitches in my game and I'm not sure when they started, but they're annoying. The first thing only happens in CAS. What happens is, when I pick a hairstyle or makeup or whatever for a sim, they'll look down, like their whole face will be angled downward so you can't see clearly what makeup or anything looks like on them. The only way to get their head back up is to go into clothing or something where it zooms out and go back to the hair or makeup. The second thing happens in CAS a lot, but it also happens in the game. Basically, the sims' mouths look strange. Like one side of their mouth will go down like they're frowning or something but not the other corner. It happens a lot and it's really bugging me since it ruins a lot of otherwise good pictures I take in the game. Anyone know about either problem like what could be causing it or any ways to fix it?

Thanks.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Weirdness In CAS
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 26, 18:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never seen the first issue.

As to the strange mouth issue, is this the one where even when the sim is joking and/or laughing the mouth no longer animates but stays in the spastic, half-frown novocaine freeze?

If so, I have no idea what causes it (apart perhaps from lack of RAMZ or video memory).  However, forcing an error on the sim and resetting will pop him/her back to normal.  This will also spoil any photograph in progress, but they will at least be able to be in any future photographs without looking like they are going to drool all over themselves.

Tribulatio proxima est
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 26, 19:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*efforts to be nice*

I can has picture, plz?

It would make it easier to diagnose.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 27, 03:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As to the strange mouth issue, is this the one where even when the sim is joking and/or laughing the mouth no longer animates but stays in the spastic, half-frown novocaine freeze?

Yeah, that sounds like it. It's happening a lot and it drives me nuts. Sometimes it happens with the mouth open like they're shocked and that's the one that sticks until I delete the sim with moveobjects on but they also do this thing where their mouth is shut, but one corner keeps going down like they're frowning. They tend to do it on and off all the time but it never sticks. I'll try to get a pic of that and the head tilted down problem tomorrow when I start my game up again.

I don't think it's a problem with my RAM (I have 2 GB) or my video card (Radeon x1900). But I do have issues with my processor since it's a dual core. Each core is only like 2.2 GHz and the first core tends to be all the way used up after playing my game for awhile until the game eventually crashes or runs so slow I can't play anymore.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 27, 04:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that's a computer CPU issue. As for the mouth thing, well, didn't your mother ever tell you that if you kept making that face, it would stick that way? She was right, you know.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: