More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:04:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This interruption brought to you by Fight Club
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This interruption brought to you by Fight Club  (Read 14733 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
This interruption brought to you by Fight Club
« on: 2008 May 08, 00:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had fightclub in my hacks folder for ages, and have enjoyed the more logical conclusion to fights between low-body sims and high-body sims. However, I hadn't had an epic fight until now.

Combatants: Frances Bleu, 2nd gen marry-in. Duane Strickland, townie
Past conflicts: None. Duane woohoo'ed Frances's niece Bonnie, but then who hasn't?
Fight begins: Approximately 1:42 PM
Fight ends: 10:55 PM
Total time: 9:13

2:00 pm - Townies watch. Walk-bys stop to see who will reign victorious.

6:20 pm - Townies bored. Gwen Pitts (townie) came late and fails to see what the fuss was about. Hail will not stop our combatants.

7:09 - Oh hi, Aunt Frances. Time for work. Keep up the good fight.

10:55 - Duane victorious. Apologies for the darkness. This was Connor's first day on the lot and, like most of my sims, he started off very poor and with a mortgage payment due soon I chose not to buy landscaping or lights.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: This interruption brought to you by Fight Club
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 08, 00:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first thought is, are all needs/motive drains suspended during a fight?
   My 2nd thought was it reminded me of Peter Griffin (Family Guy) when he fights the chicken.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 08, 04:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they were in the welcome wagon. Visitors. EAxis started protecting visitor motives a bit with BV on (which pisses me off to no end) so they are harder to kill.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 08, 11:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first thought is, are all needs/motive drains suspended during a fight?
They aren't. And you can lose the fight by suffering a critical motive failure during the fight.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 08, 13:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's a LONG fight. LOL
toad in the hole
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking Stats: 0.044 posts per day

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 08, 14:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the rubbernecks do indeed leave after a while? Very good.
What about other household members, would they watch until they starve or pass out?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 08, 14:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen this in my game as well (perhaps not a fight going into the night, but a fight that lasted several sim hours anyway).  It seems that sims with no established fight record or experience do take a bit longer to establish a win or fail.  Never seen motive failure yet, although several fighters have had to take showers and eat afterwards.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 08, 15:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, neither had been in a fight before. The only two who have are the police officer and the burglar. The burglar kicks ass, unfortunately.
So the rubbernecks do indeed leave after a while? Very good.
What about other household members, would they watch until they starve or pass out?
Only person in the house was Connor. His fiance didn't move in until the next morning. He was scared to death of the fight (pussy, I'm already poking him for other things), and ran back into the house to return to painting his grilled cheese every time I directed him outside. Only the pressing need to go to work could keep him outside for more than a minute.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 08, 16:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's hysterical, Zazazu - "welcome wagon" indeed!  Grin

I had a 6 1/2 hour Downtownie throwdown at Crypt o' Night - happened right in the middle of the dance floor. Music played on, of course, as is appropriate. A couple of the weaker-constituted babies had to spend the first couple of hours of their excursion out on the front sidewalk. After a few hours most of the patrons grew bored and went about their evenings... then their midnights... and a bit of early mornings. I was ready to send my sim home about 3 hours into the fracas but was damned if I'd waste all that fight-scoring time without seeing a resolution. So, much espresso and hot tubbing on the back patio later, SimDuJour was on her way out to call a taxi when the loser of the original fight decided that 6 1/2 hours just wasn't quite enough of a smackdown for her and proceeded to insist on another 2-hour beating. No motive failures between the combatants.

Also had quite a long fracas during a burglary (first in a new 'hood after installing Fight Club). Untested cop vs. untried burglar equals extended fighteyfight.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 08, 17:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My burglar has a lot more body points than my police officer. I think he's at 10 and she's at 3 or 4. It's over really quickly with them. I may add them to the aging pool just to see if I can get a better set. Or wait until one of the future mayors takes crime under his/her wing...right now financials are being established and the next mayor (soon to be elected by the Randomizer from my 12 of the 3rd generation since no one rolled Politics) is focusing on education, then I had animal control planned. By the time the 5th generation is in control everything will have to be transitioned to a more urban set-up, so then crime control would make sense.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 08, 17:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's an impressive fight, Zaza.  I can't remember the last time a burglar visited though, perhaps mine are on strike.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 08, 18:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There does seem to be less and less burglar visits these days.  I guess too much other stuff is going with the Seasons and FT stuff, so the "burglar scheduler" is getting starved of cycled.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 08, 19:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the presence of pets (dogs, in particular) has anything to do with the odds of burglarization? I don't *think* I've ever had a burglar show up for a family that owned a cat *or* dog, but I know it's never happened with the dog owners. And yes, I have just officially doomed all my dog-owning families to a rash of never-ending burglaries by saying that.

My burglar has a lot more body points than my police officer. I think he's at 10 and she's at 3 or 4. It's over really quickly with them...

I don't think I ever peeked at the burglar-to-cop body skill ratio in that neighbourhood, but they must have been pretty close, given how long it took 'em to slug it out. It was certainly both of their first fight. Might not be a bad idea to have a designated cop-antagonizer in my new neighbourhood so they can get more burglar-whompin' practice. Wink

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 08, 19:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it might just be the RNG playing funny buggers, you get a dry season then suddenly you'll drown in burglaries.  It's the same with twins, gender ect.. Of course, when you really want it to happen, it probably won't.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 08, 19:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, with this game it's disgustingly easy to start seeing patterns were they aren't necessarily any. For the longest time it seemed that buying a car was, at least for me, an ironclad guarantee of a burglary that night. Then after a while, not so much anymore. Now it pretty much only happens if I've a pet-less sim who can't "afford" the Energizer and must to go to sleep the minute she finishes her last promotion-skill if she's to have any shot at promotion the next day. Yeah, then she's pretty much guaranteed a big, fat burglary.  Wink

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 08, 20:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think fight scoring takes a long time whenever the combatants are evenly matched, whether they're green or seasoned.  In my 'hoods I tend to foster lifelong enemies if I can find those matches, kinda like searching for soulmates in reverse, Cheesy so I end up with a lot of 'couples' who have similar fight experience.  With moarfight, they invariably roll wants to gain body points and have a re-match, whenever they lose.  As a result, they tend to get better in tandem, even though they're played in separate households.  Those lifelong enemies always have epic battles that go on into the wee hours, sometimes with one of them missing their carpool...
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 08, 20:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Additionally, running with antiredundancy loaded will limit the number of NPCs, including burglars (if I understand this correctly), so your burglar will become somewhat "experienced" as you go along.  I had one hood where I killed off a policeman in generation two, and the game built a new one, but the burglar had been thieving and fighting since the first family moved into the hood.  The burglar pretty much always PWNED the new rookie cop.

Tribulatio proxima est
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 08, 20:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having the opposite thing happen.  I have a townie( that I made for future use) that has won so many fights that her fights are about a second long.  I didn't know that that was possible.  I took control of her a few fights ago to count her bouts and the fight wasn't even one bout long and it ended with the " I'll stay out of your way speach".  She has had 46 fights and she has won all of them.  I don't want to use her now because her slate will be wiped clean and it is so enjoyable to watch her beat the crap out of the Count.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 08, 22:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it might just be the RNG playing funny buggers, you get a dry season then suddenly you'll drown in burglaries.  It's the same with twins, gender ect.. Of course, when you really want it to happen, it probably won't.
This is my second neighborhood in a row with very frequent burglaries. I play in rotation style (now at 7 houses + college) with a season as my time period. In this last rotation, I had three burglaries. The one before (with only 5 houses in play) had three as well. I'm also having a twins plague despite my odds being modded down to 8% and a boy plague (6 out of last 11 births were twins, all of last 7 children born are boys). RNG's stuck in a rut. Kind of sucks, because I've been trying to diversify last names.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 08, 23:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal, that if the cop wins (and family gets the reward), everyone gets a bad memory.  But, if the burglar wins and gets away, no-one gets a bad memory?   It doesn't make sense but that's how it is in my hoods.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 09, 01:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it normal, that if the cop wins (and family gets the reward), everyone gets a bad memory.  But, if the burglar wins and gets away, no-one gets a bad memory?   It doesn't make sense but that's how it is in my hoods.

That's how it is in my neighborhood and it makes no sense to me either.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 09, 04:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's how it is in my neighborhood and it makes no sense to me either.
I've noticed that as well, but the next morning, everyone wakes up and wanders to the Stolen Item Square and sobs, fumes, and generally kicks up a fuss. Have you checked for a bad memory after that point?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 May 09, 04:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and then proceeds to fume about it until their dying day. Get over it already! Everyone in Teardrop Isle gets robbed! You are not special.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 May 09, 05:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that as well, but the next morning, everyone wakes up and wanders to the Stolen Item Square and sobs, fumes, and generally kicks up a fuss. Have you checked for a bad memory after that point?

The last time it happened the burglar didn't actually steal anything. The alarm went off right inside the doorway and whatever the burglar was after was far enough away that the police arrived before he could reach it. I don't recall my Sim ever becoming furious with the burglar about it.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 May 09, 05:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a 'No Whining About Missing Objects' hack...maybe by TJ?

All my households (ok, only 4 atm, not counting my dorm) have had burglaries on a Tuesday night on their last rotation. I refuse to believe it is coincidence. Oh, and I put my burglar alarm on the outside of the house, usually on the garage wall. You used to be able to place the burglar alarms on an outside wall in Sims 1, so I figure it ain't cheating. Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: