More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:18:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Some Pet questions - mostly about genetics and memories
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some Pet questions - mostly about genetics and memories  (Read 4091 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Some Pet questions - mostly about genetics and memories
« on: 2008 March 21, 08:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm making something for download and want to be sure I don't bork the thing.  So what have I got wrong here?

1. Pets don't get any memories involving a count.  No "5 pet friends", no "5 sim friends" and no "had x puppies"
2. Only the mother dog remembers having puppies - dad just gets "x added to pack".
3. Pets don't get memories for "had grandpuppy" just "x added to pack"
4. Breeding small and large dogs isn't borked, you just get a clone of the mother - no problem if that's intended.
5. 25,000k is a hard earning target for a pet. (50k would take forever and be boring)
6. The outcome of pet fights is totally random  or sado-random.  Aggressive pets aren't more likely to win.  Pescado's fight hack is just for sims and doesn't affect pet fights.
7. Registering a breed doesn't change anything about the pet you made.  It just lets you make more of them.
8. Pets don't remember their puppies being sold, given away or given up for adoption. 
9. Pets don't have that 2 paw icon for pets outside the household however good the relationship

and a couple of questions
1. Can you fix pet genetics so the fur colour is inherited?  How?  I've looked at genetics in SimPE, I can see the bit where eyes etc are marked to be inherited.... can I put fur in there in some way?
2. How do you get a pet to run away rather than be taken by the Pet SS?  Bad relationship with the sim & low needs sounds good, but didn't work for me.  Starvation brings the PetSS hotfoot.  Do you have to fence them in to force the social bar low?  Does it depend on the pet character?

I reserve the right to add other unawesome questions when I remember what they were. Grin  I just found the old thread with those bizarre alien pet pics in it.   Mine's green, but not in their league!
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10714.0.html

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Some Pet questions - mostly about genetics and memories
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 21, 18:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I can only answer a couple of your questions.
7. Registering a breed doesn't change anything about the pet you made.  It just lets you make more of them.
Correct, and correct. It also makes it so that strays can be spawned from the same breed, which I found out to my chagrin when I registered a rather odd pet and got a clone stray later.

1. Can you fix pet genetics so the fur colour is inherited?  How?  I've looked at genetics in SimPE, I can see the bit where eyes etc are marked to be inherited.... can I put fur in there in some way?
I thought the fur color already was inherited. Puppies/kittens are a bit odd, but when they reach adulthood they always have the fur color of one of the parents for me.

2. How do you get a pet to run away rather than be taken by the Pet SS?  Bad relationship with the sim & low needs sounds good, but didn't work for me.  Starvation brings the PetSS hotfoot.  Do you have to fence them in to force the social bar low?  Does it depend on the pet character?
I have had a  pet run away due to a fight with a stray. Basically, you can have the pet make enemies with another pet and repeatedly lose fights and they will run away, regardless of how strong their relationship is with how many family members. Also, I had another pet run away after her dad died, even though she had near 100/100 relationships with all family members excepting the dog.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 22, 08:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for those answers.

The puppies grew up with daddy's fur, so it's not borked.   But I'm hoping there's a way to fix the genetics so they all get mum's green fur.  SimPE says my dog has "nose,mouth,eyes,ears," as dominant facial features.  Can I put fur in there somehow?  It's my breed and I'd like to decide for myself what is passed on as dominant!  Now wouldn't it be clever if the "register breed" option let you do that!

Extra question
Is there a hacked bath out there for pets only?  If I put a bath in the kennels for the dogs, I don't want sims stripping off and using it if their hygiene is low.  Yes I suck at google..... and I'm new to Pets.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 22, 08:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hacked bath out there for pets only?  If I put a bath in the kennels for the dogs, I don't want sims stripping off and using it if their hygiene is low.  Yes I suck at google..... and I'm new to Pets.

Yes, there is .... I suppose you want me to tell you where it is.  mmmmm ... I'll have to find it.  IIRC there is one at ATS - I think there are at least 2-3 baths for this purpose.

Edit:
http://www.aroundthesims2.com/objects/single_pets/001/index.html

Edit 2 - you're right Kyna, she does.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 22, 09:13:24 by maxon » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 22, 09:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Inge may also have one, over at Simlogical.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 22, 09:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there is .... I suppose you want me to tell you where it is.  mmmmm ... I'll have to find it.  IIRC there is one at ATS - I think there are at least 2-3 baths for this purpose.

Edit:
http://www.aroundthesims2.com/objects/single_pets/001/index.html
Thanks for going out of your way on that one - a clue where to look would have been fine.  I haven't been by ATS in a while - the only ATS thing I have in my game right now is clothing, though there's nice bedding there as I remember.  I'm trying to cut down on CC!  Inge's wooden petbath is here http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Petting.htm Thanks Kyna - I should have looked there for sure.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 24, 09:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More questions while still hoping for help on pet genetics.....

Is the number of pet births random or are the odds stacked towards higher numbers thus filling the house with pets?

Do you need to roll the randomiser before pet births?  I didn't bother - thinking that randomising pet personalities didn't seem worth the lag.  However my game crashed to desktop (grrrr) after Bubbleye's deer had 4 offspring FMMM and when I replayed it yesterday I again got 4 offspring FMMM in the same order.  Didn't look very random and yes I know that doesn't mean it wasn't.   btw - the babies looking like puppies was disturbing, but they did grow up into deer. 

Now all I need is a hack to allow more than 6 deer in the deerpark.  LotFullofSims would do it I guess, but it's not up.  Any other possibilities? The deer park is making money as a business and the owner is run of her feet and bordering on aspiration failure.  Maybe adding more deer isn't such a good idea...  Grin

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 26, 18:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for going out of your way on that one - a clue where to look would have been fine.  I haven't been by ATS in a while - the only ATS thing I have in my game right now is clothing, though there's nice bedding there as I remember.  I'm trying to cut down on CC!  Inge's wooden petbath is here http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Petting.htm Thanks Kyna - I should have looked there for sure.

Is there a way to make a certain custom bath pets-only in SimPe, I wonder? I have the wooden one with the pump that I downloaded after reading the Simlogical thread which I keep outside for dog washing, but now with the visitor bath and shower enabling from dizzy I have visitors using it all the time :\ I'd love to be able to edit that thing so only dogwashing is available, and then my shack houses with the outdoor tubs can still be used as normal.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 26, 20:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have SimPE so I use this

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7447.0.html

with any regularly pet-enabled tub.  Though it isn't explicitly updated for BV/FT, it seems to be all right so far in my BV game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: