More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 05:02:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lethal heatstrokes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lethal heatstrokes  (Read 6754 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Lethal heatstrokes
« on: 2008 March 27, 17:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started to play my Strand Island again after the FT installation. I set all four seasons to be summer and had played for seven sim days before FT. I let them on freewill. They were all on the brink of starvation the whole time, preferred eating from trash cans than fruit trees, all headed towards the same fruit tree when they actually wanted fresh fruits and kept cursing and stomping instead of heading to a nearby tree (I finally had to direct them to a free tree every time they headed to an occupied tree, otherwise they might very well die), and obssessed with dipping in the ocean (treading miles with empty stomach to get there, and immediately got out to tread miles to a trash can). But, they all managed to survive, until now!

Within 24 hours, 1 died of bursting into flames at the beach, 2 died of heatstroke, even though I had another sim to extinguish and to douse (they died of empty hunger and energy, I think that's why). By then, I knew I had to restart and put in simwardrobe's "No Random Bursting Into Flames". When I left the computer, thinking I paused the game, to cook for dinner, all but two died when I came back (that's three more). What's so different now? I don't have hotter summer mod (I saw that on MTS2), and they used to dip in the ocean when they were overheat. Now that I think back, none of them dipped in the ocean, and instead sunbathed, sandcastled, and combed sands a lot, which they never did before. I do not have no-autonomous beach activities hacks, not before, not now.

I think I have kept Inge's "get in sea patch" etc. after FT, but maybe I don't (I'm away from my game computer), although I did check Inge's updates and redownloaded everything. Anyway, that will explain it. But why do they suddenly do a lot of beach activities now?  Huh

And Inge, if you see this, do your "pool ladder patch" and "temperature controller" work on fake swimming pools (swimmable lakes where a level of tiles are built under water or water terrain paint)?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Lethal heatstrokes
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 27, 20:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you put the air conditioner in a little hut somewhere?  If the sims can get to it, as a rule they will be attracted to use it (by standing under it) before they get to danger point.

The pool ladder doesn't do any temperature control by itself, the hack assumes that it will lead them to get into a pool and therefore get cool within the game's own design.   If you want something that will cool them down in a fake lake, get my "SUPPLEMENTARY TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER"  which reduces on any sims that are currently doing the swimming animation (or resting between strokes) whether that is in water, in fake water, through the ground, or up in the air.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 27, 21:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found, in my past summer-summer-spring-autumn neighborhood, that having a double summer tends to make the temperatures kind of build on themselves, most likely because you are lacking any seasonal blending. I've also found that FT seems to have returned temperature extremes to close to what Seasons was before patched. Surprise, surprise.

Anyways, I had a public beach lot as a residential business when we were just up to BV. I lost five townies in two cycles. Usually, when they burst into flames, another townie would extinguish them and they'd get the hint and head home. When it was heatstroke, if I didn't have a playable on the lot to douse them and send them packing, they were basically screwed. The only reason the death toll didn't go over five is because I stopped keeping the biz open when no one was home.

Never, ever, in any of that time did a townie go into the ocean at all. The only way I found to get them in was to drown another sim. I put a small public cooling room in (no Inge air conditioner, as I wasn't aware of it at the time) and never did a townie go in there to cool down.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 28, 08:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made my desert summer - spring - summer - autumn as if it was equatorial.  I guess that cleverly, and completely by accident, avoided the temperature build-up you mention.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 28, 08:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the temperature regulators are borked in free time.

Sim Rohina, who is part of the elder live in nannies in my game, got over heated taking a shower after her little charge spit up on her.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 28, 09:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the temperature regulators are borked in free time.

Sim Rohina, who is part of the elder live in nannies in my game, got over heated taking a shower after her little charge spit up on her.

Overheating during a shower is normal behaviour and was happening before FT.  Seems silly to me, during the summer I find showers are a great way to cool down.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 28, 09:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims apparently don't know how to use the COLD water tap.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 28, 13:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And sims in outdoor hot tubs get cold during the winter again.  I had one spend a sim hour or two in the hot tub, and then get out blue, almost at the point of falling over frozen. Maybe El Presidente needs to tweak his warmthfixes mod some more.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 28, 13:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the listed outdoor temperatures? Far as I know, warmthfixes has not required any major changes and everything works out fine in my game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 28, 13:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the listed outdoor temperatures? Far as I know, warmthfixes has not required any major changes and everything works out fine in my game.

I didn't note it, alas, but it wasn't snowing, just cold.  Maybe the 4th day of winter.  Next time I play I'll see if it happens again and get the temp.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 28, 14:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And sims in outdoor hot tubs get cold during the winter again.  I had one spend a sim hour or two in the hot tub, and then get out blue, almost at the point of falling over frozen. Maybe El Presidente needs to tweak his warmthfixes mod some more.

I noticed sims were getting really cold in outdoor hot-tubs before I installed Freetime, I assumed that it might be something to do with ACR which I was trying out again, but perhaps it wasn't after all. 

I haven't actually tried hot-tubs since installing Freetime that I recall, but I could have sworn my sim got hot from swimming in the pool at a comm lot the other evening.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 28, 17:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed sims were getting really cold in outdoor hot-tubs before I installed Freetime, I assumed that it might be something to do with ACR which I was trying out again, but perhaps it wasn't after all. 

You know what, I think ACR is the culprit -- I had a sim sit in the hot tub for 3 hours, and his temp went up.  And it was snowing, and the outside temp was -94.  Now that I think about it, the sim that got blue was under ACR control (woohooing in the hot tub).

Have to drop over and let TJ know about it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 28, 19:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, I made the terrible mistake of leaving your climate control suite out, and my sims suffered! That shows just how stupid the sims are without our awesome modders.

Now that I put them all back in, they are "smart" enough to cool down in the ocean. But, they now die of heatstrokes mostly falling out of bed. I was so frustrated I started to cheat (direct them to wake up and dip in the ocean, and eat more, and finally slide their hunger to yellow so the heatstroke does not deplete all hungry). I even let them die and resurrected them to be zombies. And they die again! I thought zombies don't die!  Angry Why do zombies die?

Looks like they won't survive without a roof over the head beds, no matter how much I want them to suffer through the hardship. But that's all I will let them have. Definitely no air conditioner for them!

And the sims don't get a break from rain showers either, I think
« Last Edit: 2008 March 28, 19:26:16 by Lion » Logged

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 28, 19:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombies can die because they are physical beings.  It's their souls that are missing.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 28, 19:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what lives forever, other than ghosts? Vampires?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 28, 20:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They should live forever unless you send them out into the sun.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: