More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 11:12:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Solved (sort of): Is it possible to override Overrides.package?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Solved (sort of): Is it possible to override Overrides.package?  (Read 3477 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Solved (sort of): Is it possible to override Overrides.package?
« on: 2008 February 27, 17:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis included several Teen Style Stuff objects in FreeTime's Overrides.package file, so that new FT functions are enabled for TSS objects. (Like computer and boombox, which they ignored for BV). Unfortunately, EAxis made a half-assed job out of it again, this time forgetting OFB shelf value of computer.

My question is, is it possible to make a separate package that overrides Overrides.package? I'd rather not alter original game file if possible. It seems that Overrides folder takes absolute precedence over any other location. I made a separate fix with a filename starting in z, so that the fix loads after Overrides.package. Doesn't work. I moved the file to the Downloads folder. Doesn't work either. Even though I put the fix that contains OBJd in Downloads folder, the computer didn't show custom star in thumbnail.

Besides computer, FT Overrides also contains TSS Goth double bed. Short of editing game file itself, I can't raise comfort and energy anymore.

« Last Edit: 2008 March 01, 14:29:46 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Is it possible to override Overrides.package?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 27, 17:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sooo... they update TSS things, but leave out FFS and GLS?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 27, 20:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure you can override it, but you can modify it.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 29, 10:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to override it after some trial and error.

I tried to update my bed motive fix for Teen Goth Bed to FreeTime. This fix contains overrides for OBJD and BCON entries. For some unknown reason, 3rd party overrides for OBJD work only in Downloads folder, whereas overrides for anything else work only in Overrides folder. Meaning that I had to split the fix into two parts, one for Overrides folder and the other for Downloads folder. (Gah!)

I don't know why it didn't work the first time around. Might be something like wonky file lock-up. After reboot, I was able to make an external override package, albeit in a very complicated way.

Sooo... they update TSS things, but leave out FFS and GLS?

Only if you can count such a lame half-assed job as "update". Teen TV doesn't have "Tinker" option. Teen Vanity and Teen TV have annoying mouseover tooltips in Live Mode, which can be found only in some very old custom objects. I'd rather trust various modders to update SP objects than counting on EAxian sloppiness. I'm working on a quick fix for this stupidity. Fix is now available at MTS2.

AFAIR FFS objects were already updated by Pets. GLS objects were updated by jfade. I have a couple of similar mod in MTS2. Check out my sig.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 01, 14:23:33 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: