More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:33:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Population EXPLOSION!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Population EXPLOSION!!  (Read 2891 times)
julialenn
Blathering Buffoon

INTJ

View Profile
Population EXPLOSION!!
« on: 2008 January 06, 20:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently reinstalled my game, and I restarted with the pleasantville template that has the base sims and townies they know.  I use all DC hacks and ACR, but no other hacks.  My gameplay style is to let my sims run amock and let them deal with the consequences.  However, I've run across something that has irritated me to the point of intervention: all my pregnant sims are having twins.

I had six babies spawned before I tracked down why I was suddenly hit with the OMGTWINS!!!!11 fairy.  My pregnant sims will NOT stop feeding themselves cheesecake! What the heel?  And what can I do to stop it, short of adjusting ACR (I still want pregnancies), removing skill points, or diligently watching my sims?

On the other hand, John Burb isn't far from his goal of having 10 kids.

p.s. Hey, Grammar Police, is that the proper use of a colon?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Re: Population EXPLOSION!!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 06, 20:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cheesecake code is broken resulting in guaranteed twins... go here for TJ's fix.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Population EXPLOSION!!
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 07, 09:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That really won't do anything to addresss the issue, since even an unlikely chance that is checked constantly will become a certain one. The real problem is that you are simultaneously refusing to exercise any control over your sims combined with the fact that the sim Food-Management AI is irreversibly broken and the only cure for it would be to replace it with something macrological. This issue is therefore closed. There is nothing we can do about this problem given your deliberately set constraints.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: