More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 20:10:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Hamster brain returns: Various BV issues, grrrr.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hamster brain returns: Various BV issues, grrrr.  (Read 2268 times)
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Hamster brain returns: Various BV issues, grrrr.
« on: 2007 October 13, 21:29:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear to the powers that be, I can read, and I can do a forum search. So either the search page here at MATY hates me in particular, yes, me, it's in that (if user==daimon) function over there -- or I'm having different BV issues than everyone else who has posted here previously. Here's my two most recent issues that I'd really appreciate advice on. Pretty please. Yes, I realize that I am a hamster brain.

A family of six is stuck on a lot. I can't use the lot debugger to unstick frozen sims because there is no such option. The one sim on the lot who is not frozen got to try, but forcing errors and the like has absolutely no effect. I can of course just ditch that particular lot or let that family die off, no big deal, but I'd prefer to find out why this happened so it doesn't happen all over on the next lot.

And second, visiting Twikkii island, is there a known reason as to why one would be unable to interact with npcs such as the ghost captain and the fire dancer and the massage people? This does make it somewhat difficult to fulfill certain wants!

Look at me, I'm a hamster, I'm entirely too cute to not help.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Hamster brain returns: Various BV issues, grrrr.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 14, 04:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr. Hamster Brain since you like to be called this way.

Have you checked if it is not mod related, a conflict of some sort?  Are all your mods updated for bv? Any new cc you added recently?

Did you try to run the game without the download folder to see if the sims are still acting this way so you can know if it is mod related or not?

Did you put the testing cheat at on so it might do an error report you can join so someone might be able to identify what is going on?

I am not experiencing any of the issues you are mentionning but I keep all my mods updated and am very careful of the new stuff I am adding in my game.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 14, 04:33:03 by MissDoh » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Hamster brain returns: Various BV issues, grrrr.
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 15, 16:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agree with MissDoh.  Run vanilla game and see if this helps.

If not, put "moveobjects on" in the cheats bar, click on and delete all sims from lot.  Save and exit.  Reload lot and see if the sims are OK - they should be reset and back at the mailbox.

If it is hack related (if running the game without hacks solves the problem), change your username to HamsterBrain officially.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: