More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 01:32:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Crib for the Economically Disadvantaged
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crib for the Economically Disadvantaged  (Read 22717 times)
Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
Crib for the Economically Disadvantaged
« on: 2007 October 13, 13:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's finally up at MTS2. I'm hoping to see this on the exchange in some of those horrible "Dad raped me" stories...

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=251788

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Crib for the Economically Disadvantaged
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 13, 13:28:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it open and close?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 13, 13:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. It just stays open. I know it would be great if one could shut the baby up in the dresser, like I would do in real life, but I couldn't figure out how to do that. Smiley

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 13, 15:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha! I saw that on MTS2 earlier, good job!

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 13, 15:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first crib was a meat safe (great for keeping the mosquito's away in the tropics) so I feel a real affinity for the child in the drawer. I just have to have this even if it doesn't open and close - thankyou.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 13, 16:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My aunt & uncle adopted a baby in the 60s and as his arrival was sooner than expected, he slept in a drawer the first night or two.
My understanding was that they'd removed it from the dresser, but this is funnier.

Great job!

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 13, 19:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My son's first crib was a laundry basket.  Nothing's too good for my kid.

broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 13, 22:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A drawer? Meat safe? Laundry basket? Gee, what times do you live in Roll Eyes? Even I had a proper crib (born in early 80s, in Soviet Union). Roll Eyes Nice crib tho Smiley

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 14, 00:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I was born in Papua New Guinea (my parents were working over there when it was still under Australian governing) and I'm very greatful to that meat safe. Without it I would have ended up with Malaria or some such. We still have the meat safe down in the shed. Oh, and I was born in the early 70's.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 14, 05:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Reagan Administration times of course.  Not much different than the Bushes (pl.) Administration times, actually. 

sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 14, 17:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My son's first crib was a laundry basket.  Nothing's too good for my kid.

I started off in a laundry basket too.  Lined with a Budweiser towel.  Ah, memories.
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 15, 09:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I was born in Papua New Guinea (my parents were working over there when it was still under Australian governing) and I'm very greatful to that meat safe. Without it I would have ended up with Malaria or some such. We still have the meat safe down in the shed. Oh, and I was born in the early 70's.

Oh, Ok, I'm sorry  Grin
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 15, 09:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A drawer? Meat safe? Laundry basket? Gee, what times do you live in Roll Eyes? Even I had a proper crib (born in early 80s, in Soviet Union). Roll Eyes Nice crib tho Smiley

I don't know - if I had the choice between a laundry basket + caring parents and a "proper" crib + parents who don't fucking care, I'd take the former anytime Wink. Actually, I WAS lucky enough to be a cared-for laundry basket kid.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 15, 10:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pssh. Laundry baskets? Drawers? I got a used munitions crate.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 15, 10:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know - if I had the choice between a laundry basket + caring parents and a "proper" crib + parents who don't fucking care, I'd take the former anytime Wink. Actually, I WAS lucky enough to be a cared-for laundry basket kid.

Why can't carring parents be combined with proper crib Roll Eyes?
And I have nothing against laundry baskets or other household stuff as long as the parents are carring, I was just joking. Althought I must say I was quite surprised to find out that so many of you started in laundry baskets as almost everyone I know had a crib.. Besides my own daughter who just refused to sleep in her crib (and chose her buggy instead) so we sold it.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 15, 12:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My kids didn't have cribs, but I'm one of those attachment parenting assholes.

Cool object, Khaki. I love how the posh lining is slightly coffinlike.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 15, 12:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My kids all started off in Moses baskets. They are really pretty and I don't think anyone has made one for the Sims 2 yet. I had a crib when I was a baby but apparently I screamed until I was put in my parents' bed between them. Then I slept like a......baby. Tongue

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 15, 12:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My kids all started off in Moses baskets. They are really pretty and I don't think anyone has made one for the Sims 2 yet. I had a crib when I was a baby but apparently I screamed until I was put in my parents' bed between them. Then I slept like a......baby. Tongue

I like the baskets, too. I was too poor with my first to drop the dough for one, though. A lot of babies like co-sleeping, I have heard. Although there's some newish study across NA and Europe that say that co-sleeping is good until they're six months or something. My youngest co-slept til around then and then couldn't sleep well unless she was seperate. And then she was very happy in her bowling ball bag. Yeh we ghetto.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 15, 13:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww that's cute! There were no other babies around when I has my oldest, but with my next baby, my friend had her baby around the same time as me, so we used to pop them in the basket together! They used to sleep for ages and looked adorable.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 15, 13:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why can't carring parents be combined with proper crib Roll Eyes?
Because caring parents would have the financial sense not to squander their children's future wasting money on such garbage. Why would you buy something like that knowing it will eventually be completely useless and just end up being a waste of money, when you can instead teach your children the virtues of thrift and recycling from an early age?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 15, 14:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you buy something like that knowing it will eventually be completely useless and just end up being a waste of money, when you can instead teach your children the virtues of thrift and recycling from an early age?

OK, I've re-read that, and it makes sense now.  I had misread it to read "theft and recycling".  Must caffeinate.  I agree about the buying disposable/useless furniture.  We ended up getting a world-class (trans. bloody expensive) crib, which is now "passed on" to other friends with babies (since we're not spawning anymore).  I think a large box would have done just as well, considering that he likes large boxes anyway (he'd rather sleep in a big TV box he uses as a playhouse now than sleep in his bunk bed).

Does this crib-dresser work as a dresser as well, or just a place to park the babies? (if we're talking multifunctional)

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 15, 14:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just crib. No dresser functions. It's great, though. Iyana, the one who was borking her step-grampa (truly trashy behavior) got pregnant by him and then the two were thrown out by her father (never mind that step-grampa had been borking her mom before she drowned, but meh). The baby is sleeping in the dresser. It's a little mis-aligned so that it clips through the back, but not by much and Khaki did warn about it in the MTS2 post.

Dresser crib + Bang on a Can stuff from Cyclonesue/TSR (booty) + random craptastic wallpapers and dirty recolors from MTS2 = win. Their beach house on the other side of the island looks small and plain from the outside, truly awful on the inside. In two days Rodger dies and they'll go from living on $584/day to $240/day (excepting weekends).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 15, 16:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack fairly screams to be merged with a fully functioning dresser, but then I think of the new animations involved in doing so and back slowly away from that idea.  Tongue

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 15, 17:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just crib. No dresser functions. It's great, though. Iyana, the one who was borking her step-grampa (truly trashy behavior) got pregnant by him and then the two were thrown out by her father (never mind that step-grampa had been borking her mom before she drowned, but meh). The baby is sleeping in the dresser. It's a little mis-aligned so that it clips through the back, but not by much and Khaki did warn about it in the MTS2 post.

Dresser crib + Bang on a Can stuff from Cyclonesue/TSR (booty) + random craptastic wallpapers and dirty recolors from MTS2 = win. Their beach house on the other side of the island looks small and plain from the outside, truly awful on the inside. In two days Rodger dies and they'll go from living on $584/day to $240/day (excepting weekends).

"borking"Huh Presumeably = bonking+porking?  Cheesy

I have my self-sim living in a hut on a beach right now (just maxis grass panelling inside, dirt floor, etc.).  He digs on the beach for money (only not that much since he dug up a $5000 treasure chest and a $4000 Ming Vase).  He remodelled the hut and put in a full bath with concrete floor, and bought a fridge and gas stove now.  Bit of a luxury hut now really.  He's a knowledge sim (which is sort of right, I guess), but spends most of his time woohooing any female sim that comes by (this ACR stuff is...fascinating), which is...less than a completely accurate facsimile of my life, let's just say.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 15, 20:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded a Moses basket from somewhere for my sim babies, so one does exist. I know I got them from the booty so it's at a paysite somewhere. I want to say it started with an E, I'll check to see if they wrote it in the description when I next run my game.

I know that when my mother was busy she'd put me in a laundry basket, I know of at least one time sleeping in a drawer and then when I got a little older I demanded that I sleep in a box. I would choose a nice box, make a pallet inside or a nest depending on the size of box and I would then close myself inside. I was a considered to be a strange kid, there we jokes about mailing me off but it wasn't cost efficient.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: