More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:53:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Custom hotels and weird bigfoot issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom hotels and weird bigfoot issues  (Read 4879 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Custom hotels and weird bigfoot issues
« on: 2007 October 12, 20:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried several times to build custom hotel lots, but each time I run into the same problem.  I can check in fine, and my sims seem to do perfectly all right, but no other guests ever appear to check in to the other rooms.  On the maxis hotel lots, once I check in, I get a pop-up saying that other guests will start to arrive, on my lots this pop-up does not come.
Has anyone else got their hotels to work as they should?  I'm using the hotel room doors, I have a hotel check-in podium.  All my hotel rooms have more or less the same furniture as the maxis lots. 
Any ideas what I might be missing?

Also, I've sucessfully built custom secret vacation lots for my asian and beachy vacation hoods with no trouble whatsoever, but none of my attempts at a secret mountain lot has spawned a bigfoot.  I tried Pescado's bigfoot fix on the lot debugger, but that didn't help either.  Does anyone know exactly what item is needed to spawn the bigfoot?
« Last Edit: 2007 October 12, 22:57:48 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Custom hotels
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 12, 22:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the whole bigfoot business is more borked than I thought; looking through my character files I found that I have seven not-entirely-bigfoots in additon to the Bigfoot NPC guy and a mr. Robert Bigfoot (who is the real bigfoot).
The not-quite bigfoots have bigfoot bodies, bigfoot hair/beard, but not the bigfoot face mask, and they have townie last names rather than just "Bigfoot".

Bigger pic.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Custom hotels and weird bigfoot issues
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 12, 23:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the hotels so have built four rental homes zoned as hotels.  A few potential guests will show up, but they become agitated once they see the sole door has been reserved.  The lot's fencing pisses them off too, but keeps me quite happy.   

All your hotel doors face out and any suites have only one hotel door, right?   No suites sharing a bathroom? 
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 13, 00:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might actually have to double check on which way some of the doors are facing.  I shouldn't think that's the problem since the rate for each room seems to be correctly calculated (you'd think if the door was facing the wrong way you'd get a completely massive bill having to pay for the whole hotel's facilities).

If it really is that simple, I need to go bang my head against the wall for a bit.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 13, 00:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think it's possible, if you have default face replacements, that these could be interfering with your bigfoot generation?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 13, 03:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the hotels so have built four rental homes zoned as hotels.

I've actually gotten to prefer the bungalow-type hotels.  They may be the most expensive, but hey, most of my sims have more simoleans than they know what to do with anyway.

I'm thinking of building a 'trailer park' for the beach. I may even have one that I downloaded ages ago buried in my lot catalog somewhere.  Heck, most real beach towns have a trailer/mobile home park somewhere nearby, why not the sims? Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 13, 07:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you get it to work, I'd love a caravan park* for my game too - would it become available for download?

*Australian term for "trailer park"
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 13, 14:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I build one myself, sure, I'll put it here in Peasantry.  If I modify an existing one, I'd get the original designers permission first.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 13, 17:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not entirely certain what causes this issue, but you could try waving the magic wand around on the afflicted Bigfoot lot, prior to changelotzoning it to commercial so you can save it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 14, 06:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I've sucessfully built custom secret vacation lots for my asian and beachy vacation hoods with no trouble whatsoever, but none of my attempts at a secret mountain lot has spawned a bigfoot.  I tried Pescado's bigfoot fix on the lot debugger, but that didn't help either.  Does anyone know exactly what item is needed to spawn the bigfoot?

What have you actually put on the Bigfoot lot so far Gwill?

Oh and where can I find the magic wand in the buy/build catalog? I've looked and can't find it Huh [/slight derailment]

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 14, 07:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Magic wand is not in the Buy/Build Catalog because it's too dangerous to simply casually click on. It is deployed from its own collection, included.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 14, 07:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I forgot about the collection file, of course it is in there Cheesy Silly me.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 14, 11:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What have you actually put on the Bigfoot lot so far Gwill?

Aside from baing a lot smaller than the original lot, it looked pretty similar; trees, lake, small hut.  I added a bathroom, a coffe make and a BBQ, for convenience (and of course the lot debugger).
On the first lot I tried I put the medium sized maxis stereo, on the second lot I used the small stereo (same as the maxis lot), I included the hammoc and the bonfire on both tries.  Basically what I did not include was the coffe table, lamp and teddybear chair.  The teddy chair seems like a good candidate too me.

For now, I did some fiddling with the original bigfoot lot in Simpe and managed to modify and save it in game, so it now has all the features I felt the original lot was missing.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: