More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:14:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims stuck on vacation
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims stuck on vacation  (Read 3596 times)
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Sims stuck on vacation
« on: 2007 October 12, 15:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is different than the issue karen posted about.  Two Sims go on vacation to their vacation home, leaving grandpa and a kid back home.  They have a lovely vacation, go back home, get their extra want slots and perks, and then... get on a van to go on vacation again.  The game takes me to their vacation home, where the trip meter says "Time to go home" but no van comes and using the telephone to end the vacation does nothing.  I can't play the home lot, since they're on vacation, but I can't end the vacation, either.

At this point, I'm fine with killing them both off, but are there other solutions to this? 
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Sims stuck on vacation
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 12, 15:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like an issue the patch is supposed to fix.  But read the thread on the patch in The Podium first before you install it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 12, 16:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had that happen a few times.  I gave up on getting them home and went back to the main hood to play with another family. The entire family was gone on vacation but the plumbbob was lit up normally.

I entered the lot, family arrived and sim life continued as normal.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 12, 17:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that twice now.  Tongue

I used Inge's teleporter bush to bring them into another family, and then moved them out.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 16, 04:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a house in Pleasantview that is now unplayable (unlit plumbob overhead in n'hood view) because the game is convinced the family is still on vacation. Only half the household went on vacation, they got stuck via the taxi-takes-them-right-back-on-vacation-after-bringing-them-home glitch (with the taxi refusing to show back up at the vacation property after they made the call to return home), and I ended up teleporting them into another lot in Pleasantview, and moving them in, as Kat suggested. The vacation house (Brickstone Chateau in Twikkii Island) is now uninhabited, but the original Pleasantview house is still unplayable, even though there are about 5 sims living in that house that never even went on the vacation. I had the owner of the vacation lot sell the property (he was one of the stuck sims), but that didn't free the Pleasantview lot, either.

I do not have the patch installed because...I don't know, at this point. How much more problematic can things get?  Tongue

olypolygirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 21, 20:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem with Brickstone Chateau, although my hometown is different.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 21, 22:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so glad I still haven't unwrapped BV!!!!! Grin

Brynne, can you move the rest of the family out of the unplayable lot?  Either into the lot bin or with the teleporter?  Because i think that's what I'd be inclined to do - maybe if you can move them into the lot bin, the game would free the Pleasantview lot and you could then move everyone back home.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: