More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 22:10:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Locked Wants Disappear
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Locked Wants Disappear  (Read 9688 times)
LadyArgonna
Blathering Buffoon

Hello, Funny Farm? One's incoming...

View Profile
Re: Locked Wants Disappear
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 15, 08:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Emma - was that in the base game? The Prima Guide (and no, I don't take what they say as gospel, but there are some correct things in there) stated that wants would be refreshed "if they haven't been checed in a while". I remember when I first got the game, they seemed to refresh a lot. So maybe "a while" = an hour?

Now they refresh about every six game hours, or when the Sim wakes up, but that's all I remember.

RIP The Duncan Legacy
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 15, 09:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, if I remember correctly I think it was with university. I think it had something to do with having a handheld game in inventory. I'm just gonna go look for something that might confirm.

[edit] I thought that was what the 'handheldfix' actually fixed, but no-that fixed random crushes Cheesy
Pescado, do you remember that rolling wants bug?

Yimmit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 15, 21:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember the rolling wants because I was running only Uni on my old computer that just died last March. The offending item was the cell phone, not the handheld.

Adding Nightlife made the problem *poof* disappear.

The wants would automatically reroll hourly or sometimes just as you used the spacebar to move through the lot residents. Locked wants had often disappeared when you re-entered a house (Lucy Burb had that want to have a baby want locked, goddammit!).

Sometimes they would just roll and roll and roll and roll and roll and roll and .... I finally found dashing briefly into buy/build would stop them. Dang that used to be so annoying!
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 16, 01:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having difficulty with the 'learn gesture type icons.' Even though a Sim learns a gesture and it appears in his memory, it doesn't always fulfill the matching vacation icon.

If I'm not very mistaken, the memento is triggered when you use the gestures towards someone after having learned it. I've seen this not only with gestures, but with the hula as well. Which makes even sense, because the corresponding want is "[Learning (whatever)]", whereas the memento says "[Doing (whatever)]".

Ok. I'll go back and make the Sims that have the unfulfilled momento do the gestures. I hope this works at home, as that is where they all are now.

As for the massages: Yes, there are only three, one per destination. Are you sure your sim doesn't just want to get a massage? Mine want that all the time.

I'm seeing the 'learn massage' want for sure. A knowledge Sim that has learned all 3 massages went on a fourth vacation to try to pick up the momentos that were missed the first time around.  All throughout this vacation she kept rolling up the 'learn massage' want. It usually showed up right next to the 'get massage' want.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: