More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 19:12:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV patch is out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV patch is out  (Read 56687 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: BV patch is out
« Reply #100 on: 2007 October 12, 18:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<sigh>  Well, that's how I play it now (hacked exe), so I guess I'll wait after all. I'll just keep a book or magazine handy when I'm playing so I have something to do while it lags away....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 October 12, 18:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what its worth.

I do not use a no.cd patch so I did not care at all about the secuROM thingy and it does not even seems to be install on my computer after searching in all folder including hidden ones.

Anyhow, I install the patch and in my case, it runs better.  It is still freezing a bit upon starting it, when I choose the hood I wish to play, when I load my first lot but after that it is better.

I did not send a sim yet to vacation but will this evening and report again as if it is better or worst.  So far on residential lots, it is better.  I have yet to see one balloon fight or snowball fight, had none since I install the patch.
Teren_rox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 October 12, 19:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to see a patch made Pescado and then all the bbs noobs and Eaxis would come bow to him and shout : O great master of fixes xD

I trust more a person than a whole team

This is madness! No, this is EAxis! - Sorry you guys suck a lot
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 October 13, 03:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fishing issue has definitely not been address yet.

My sims were still trying to fish threw the floors on the Jades Exclusive and Flaming Dragon Hotel which have ponds under the hotel construction.  This is making the game lag a lot and sims whining too with the typical "I cannot fish here so I will try to find another spot in hope there is one I can actually use,  but this lot is made by Eaxis so I should give up but I am a stupid sim so I will try over and over again" thought bubble. 

I totally removed those ponds until Pescado new shinny is out.

I put the season to summer to see if at least they did fix the balloon fighting obsession.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007 October 13, 04:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Shiny is presently in the Undiscovered collection. Ask Fat Gwilly People.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2007 October 13, 04:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Shiny is presently in the Undiscovered collection. Ask Fat Gwilly People.

Oh I am officially right now.  Please Gwill ask for this very necessary new shiny to be released so I have a bit of sanity left when I play.  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2007 October 13, 04:44:07 by MissDoh » Logged
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 October 13, 19:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say Pescado should just go work for EAxis so the dang thing works right the first time.

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 October 13, 21:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say Pescado should just go work for EAxis so the dang thing works right the first time.

Then he would have to deal with all the EA bullshit and subordinates or superiors who would keep tripping him up. I could just imagine him straightening out the code, leaving someone to their work and come back to find it in another knot. Bleh, it would probably just be easier for him to be presented with the end mess and begin unraveling it from there, instead of having to do it over and over for stupid people and horrible coding programs.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 13, 23:31:30 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007 October 13, 21:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dizzy just posted a new file that fixes most of what the patch does.
I did?  Huh

You mean you didn't? - aw man.

Inteen for AL, yay!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 October 13, 23:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you haven't made any of the main files like objects.package read-only. Pay close attention to the messages you get before it fails -- they usually point to the file it has a problem with.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 October 14, 04:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not seem to have anything bad to say about the patch.

No more balloon fight obsession.  Less lag.  The maid is finally cleaning up plates in all the hotel rooms.  The tour guide and charlatan spawn is fix.

In geneal, I am happy about it.  I wished it would fix more things but hey, it is not a bad start.

But I am wondering if I am the only one that want Pescado new shinny to be out as soon as possible so the Witch hut lot which have a fishing pond will be fix.

Gwill, we need this new shinny to be release!
Tillyfloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 October 14, 14:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THE OFFICIAL RECOMMENDATION IS NOT TO INSTALL THE PATCH DUE TO MORE SECUROM SPYWARE!
This patch offers practically nothing of value except MORE SPYWARE. AVOID!

As a complete novice, or idiot (not quite sure which!!) can you tell me how to uninstall the patch, as unfortunately I installed it before I read this post and now the lag on any of the vacation lots is virtually unplayable. Its only in those lots though and not in the rest of the game! Any advice would be greatly appreciated  Sad
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 October 14, 14:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way to uninstall a patch is to re-install the game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Tillyfloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 October 14, 14:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way to uninstall a patch is to re-install the game.
Thanks jsalemi. The whole game or just BV?? If its just BV do i do that in 'Add/Remove programmes'? I did warn you I'm a novice/idiot!!  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 October 14, 14:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV is the only thing you need to reinstall, after you de-Screw-U-ROM, but you must also hide your EAGAME~1/THESIM~1 directory while uninstalling and put it back after you reinstall to avoid getting your files eaten.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tillyfloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 October 14, 15:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BV is the only thing you need to reinstall, after you de-Screw-U-ROM, but you must also hide your EAGAME~1/THESIM~1 directory while uninstalling and put it back after you reinstall to avoid getting your files eaten.
Thank you so much for the advice, but I'm sorry I cant find the EAGAME~1/THESIM~1 directory
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 October 14, 15:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is typically in C:\DOCUME~1\<USERNAME>\MYDOCU~1

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 October 14, 15:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure you not looking for that exact folder. The "~1" is shorthand. Just keep the folder in My Documents safe while you uninstall.
Tillyfloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 October 14, 15:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure you not looking for that exact folder. The "~1" is shorthand. Just keep the folder in My Documents safe while you uninstall.
Yes, stupid of me!! Thank you  Embarrassed
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 October 14, 16:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read this over at S2C:  EA says "Please make sure you have your game CD's available during patch installation."

What? The patch runs you through all, ALL your game discs, all EPs? Is that right?

If this is true, I am so glad I bypassed, and will bypass the next also! What a colossal pain in hinny for all of us with all EPs! It drives me nuts when I have to reinstall the game (every week... Roll Eyes) to 'insert disc 1, insert disc 2, reinsert disc 1, etc.' through all of them. Now through ALL of them with the patches?? Say it isn't so!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007 October 14, 16:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it only uses the main CD for the game it's patching.  That statement is correct but not correct enough. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 October 14, 19:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah. Thank you.

It wasn't too hard to jump to the conclusion that EA in their 'no thieving' frenzy (Securom) would require ALL the CDs. Sorry for jumping there.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2007 October 14, 19:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like current version of YASU ceases to work for BV after patch.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showpost.php?p=94631&postcount=9

Quote from:
Same thing here guys. I have the same problem with Sims 2 Bon Voyage patch 1. As soon as you patch the game the new securom that's probably in the patch triggers the "conflict with emulation software" error. Waiting for a new version of DT or YASU too.

Tillyfloss
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007 October 14, 21:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for the advice, but I'm sorry I cant find the EAGAME~1/THESIM~1 directory

Thanks Pescado, and everyone who helped me today. I uninstalled then reinstalled BV as instructed and now there is no lag in my game. Will steer clear of 'official' patches in future and make sure I keep checking on here first and get help from the experts!  Grin
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 October 15, 07:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from:
Same thing here guys. I have the same problem with Sims 2 Bon Voyage patch 1. As soon as you patch the game the new securom that's probably in the patch triggers the "conflict with emulation software" error. Waiting for a new version of DT or YASU too.

The new SecuROM?!? Don't tell me the idiots took things a step further?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: