More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:33:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV patch is out
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV patch is out  (Read 56688 times)
Eletro DJ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: BV patch is out
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 10, 00:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I received the notice that patch of the BV is causing some errors. I asked if somebody has knowledge of them.

PS. "EDJ" is as my friends call me.
Sorry for my poor english.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 10, 00:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And now it's back. But I took the screenshot to prove I wasn't nuts when it went missing. LOL

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 10, 00:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDJ - No I was rude, sorry.  I think there are error messages saying the game cannot load, please reinstall.  This has only been reported by a few people.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Eletro DJ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 10, 01:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Tigerlilley. Wink
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 October 10, 01:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm definitely going to pass on this one. I haven't had the misfortune of suffering from any of these bugs yet, and I've got a no-CD crack keeping SecuROM at bay.

No thank you mister patch.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 October 10, 01:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.... unless I've gone blind, the patch seems to have gone missing from the downloads page.  Roll Eyes

Not unless it's blinking in and out, t's still there last I check, which was 1 second before attempting this post.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Xuriel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 10, 01:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not unless it's blinking in and out, t's still there last I check, which was 1 second before attempting this post.

It is blinking in and out and it has been doing that since they uploaded. I had to clear my cache a few times to make it appear again on the page.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 October 10, 02:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I'd noted it, I didn't even have a cache to clear. I'd switched to another user account for something, one that had never had a browser launched, ever, yet. I think they are messing with something.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 October 10, 02:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correcting the spelling mistakes?  I think they got one, but they've still missed another.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 10, 02:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.... unless I've gone blind, the patch seems to have gone missing from the downloads page.  Roll Eyes

The same thing just happened to me but I refresh the page and it appeared.  The site is probably overfload with request to download the patch.

ETA:  And considering the launcher will probably make a notice to all player a patch is out when they start their game, there are probably a lot of people trying to download it at the same time.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 October 10, 02:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think i'm going to wait a few days to see what they broke with the patch.  My game is working fine as it is, i got less chance of it exploding if i don't patch it.
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 October 10, 02:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing just happened to me but I refresh the page and it appeared.  The site is probably overfload with request to download the patch.

ETA:  And considering the launcher will probably make a notice to all player a patch is out when they start their game, there are probably a lot of people trying to download it at the same time.
There's a link to download the new patch on the launcher, yes.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 October 10, 03:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the ones that are left probably think that it's going to solve their SecuRom issues. That seemed to be the general mind set of some of them, that EA was going to "Patch" Securom. Turns out that most of them can't even get it installed. Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turns out the SecuRom is causing that to?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Sarahsuke
Asinine Airhead

INFJ - The S is for Sucks

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 10, 03:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eesh, thank goodness I didn't choose to download the patch right away. I'm sticking with antiredundancy until it's rendered obsolete.
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 10, 03:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the ones that are left probably think that it's going to solve their SecuRom issues. That seemed to be the general mind set of some of them, that EA was going to "Patch" Securom. Turns out that most of them can't even get it installed. Wouldn't it be hilarious if it turns out the SecuRom is causing that to?
I saw a post on the BBS with someone asking how they install the patch, and does it matter where they download it too  Shocked
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 October 10, 04:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dumb dumb dumb dumb. Yeah.

I patched, then promptly put my no-CD crack back in. Seems to be running fine, but it hasn't decreased the lag that I get on my business beach lot. I didn't expect it to be gone...it is a 3x5, beach, level 10 business, fairly small home. But it's at the level where it's annoying. I get none of that on the level 10 retail business with four employees, or on my other residentials (one of which is another beach lot).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 October 10, 06:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know someone already pointed it out, but as they say, screenshots or it didn't happen.

Hardly instils confidence, does it? I'm sitting this one out for now to see how it messes up other people's games first.
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 October 10, 06:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's ALL they fixed? There's many more glitches they'll have to fix. I'm sitting this one out for a little bit.

And they should have just quickly released an anti-tour guide creation patch like a day after they realized it was a problem.

Pescado basically did it, why not the developers of the game?
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 October 10, 07:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you tihink EA is using SecuROm for the patch also? That may explain some of the problems people are having besides the usual patch problems.  I remember the Seasons patch problems.

Nope, still RTPatch according to Resource Hacker.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 October 10, 07:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THE OFFICIAL RECOMMENDATION IS NOT TO INSTALL THE PATCH DUE TO MORE SECUROM SPYWARE!
This patch offers practically nothing of value except MORE SPYWARE. AVOID!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 October 10, 07:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game will no longer create new vacation NPCs each time a lot is visited which was causing many issues due to character file overload. Any existing extra NPCs will be unlinked and their character files greatly reduced in size.

How great the patch produces tons of unlinked Character Data Files how nice of EAxis. I think this if of value.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 October 10, 07:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other than that the Tour Guides will actually get HARDER to Deleted 2 that way, yeah.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 October 10, 08:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just why takes it so long for 6 thing to get ...well... fixed (or at least they claim it's fixed)? Did they forgot how they made it?
I'm not planning to install that patch for:
1) my hacks are fixing the bugs perfectly.
2) They can't even write the word 'download' (see screenshot by Atom_Bunny) and then they are supposed to be able to write complete code (without 'spelling'-mistakes) to fix the bugs? Why do I not believe that?

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2007 October 10, 08:37:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they should have just quickly released an anti-tour guide creation patch like a day after they realized it was a problem.

Pescado basically did it, why not the developers of the game?
Indeed, and screw their usual bullshit about proper testing blah blah. If they just have to take months to patch after each EP's initial release, at least they should have decency to get it done right, not to break it MOAR.

Unlike other games, new NoCDs for patched Sims EPs don't seem to get released. I couldn't find NoCD for patched Pets and Seasons. Perhaps the Sceners don't feel the need to bother with the .exe which will surely be superceded by new EP after half a year anyway. I don't feel it's worth to inflict Securom spyware on my machine for handful of changes, and I won't install the next patch if I can't find updated NoCD either.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 October 10, 08:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Part of the reason the "scene" doesn't notice Sims patches is because EAxis does nothing to make them apparent. Other games have patches with clear version numbers on them. The Sims doesn't. There's ONE patch, older patches are not available, and the information that the patch even exists is never publicized.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: