More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:19:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV patch is out
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV patch is out  (Read 56796 times)
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: BV patch is out
« Reply #125 on: 2007 October 15, 08:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Revs up chainsaw*
I hate them! I'm not buying another product from them again! (Or getting the ARRficial)
They are just so immature!

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 October 15, 09:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank God my gaming PC broke before I could install this patch. I think I'm gonna stick with hacks just now.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 October 15, 12:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from:
Same thing here guys. I have the same problem with Sims 2 Bon Voyage patch 1. As soon as you patch the game the new securom that's probably in the patch triggers the "conflict with emulation software" error. Waiting for a new version of DT or YASU too.

The new SecuROM?!? Don't tell me the idiots took things a step further?
I read somewhere that they used SecuROM 7.33 with BV but they updated it to 7.34 with the patch. I could be wrong though...
IcemanSimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 October 28, 09:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere that they used SecuROM 7.33 with BV but they updated it to 7.34 with the patch. I could be wrong though...

Using ProtectionID, I can confirm that the orginal exe uses v7.33 and that the BV patch updates the exe to v7.34. This new version has indeed blacklisted YASU/DT/Alcohol. I prefer using images to run games and keeping the original dvd in a safe place so this new version of securom has screwed me, and lots of other gamers, over. Since I can't use an image, I have no choice but to insert the original dvd (or use the no cd exe). This segues nicely to a question I want to ask. I have read all the posts in this thread and a number of users have reported that they have been able to play the patched BV using the no cd exe. Have any of you more technical folks (Pescado, etc) tried decompiling the original exe and patched exe and comparing the two to see what changes have been made? If the patched exe only updates securom and nothing else, then the no cd exe should work just fine. But if there are other substantial changes, then running the no cd exe on a patched BV installation might cause the game to BFBVFS. I could do the decompiling myself but could save ALOT of time if someone else has already done it.

Peace...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: