More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:57:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  The Bowels of Trogdor
| |-+  The Small Intestines of Trogdor
| | |-+  Family IDs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Family IDs  (Read 22875 times)
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Family IDs
« on: 2007 October 08, 14:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This used to be fairly simple, but with BV there's some weirdness in familyId values. Firstly, the labeled IDs:

Code:
Service NPCs = 32767 (0x7FFF)
Townies = 32766 (0x7FFE)
Orphans = 32765 (0x7FFD)
DownTownies = 32764 (0x7FFC)
Reserved ID Min = 32750 (0x7FEE)
Bob the Builder = 32763 (0x7FFB)
Strays = 32762 (0x7FFA)
Orphan Pets = 32761 (0x7FF9)
Display Pets - Available = 32760 (0x7FF8)
Display Pets - In Use = 32759 (0x7FF7)
Garden Club = 32758 (0x7FF6)
Tourists = 32756 (0x7FF4)
Asia = 32755 (0x7FF3)
Mountains = 32754 (0x7FF2)
Tropics = 32753 (0x7FF1)

Going through the code, I notice some unlabeled IDs being used:

Code:
Actual Tourists = 32741 (0x7FE5) to 32752 (0x7FF0)

I don't think that "Tourists" is actually used, and they've gone beneath the "minimum" in order to make 12 sets of Tourist NPC families. (So, if you were using the minimum before, that code will need to change for BV.)

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Family IDs
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 08, 17:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Extending the tourist families could be as simple as editing 0x5F2

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 08, 17:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that "Tourists" is actually used, and they've gone beneath the "minimum" in order to make 12 sets of Tourist NPC families. (So, if you were using the minimum before, that code will need to change for BV.)
If you were referencing the "minimum" value by the constant, the constant was altered to lower the minimum, so these changes will be automatically reflected. If you were using raw literal 7FEE, then you will have to update.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 08, 21:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was being silly and thinking that "Reserved ID Min" in the Lua would reflect the BCON, but maybe it's just a dream that one day EA will crank out code that agrees with itself.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 02, 07:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so for the family IDs, the BCON is global 0x13A.  This is what I have for my notes:

Line  Hex Type
0x0  7FFF NPC
0x1  7FFE Townie (and Dormies)
0x2  7FFD Adoption Pool
0x3  7FFC Downtownie
0x4  7FEE ? ? ? Reserved ID Min
0x5  7FFB ? ? ? Bob the Builder
0x6  7FFA pets strays
0x7  7FF9 pets orphans
0x8  7FF8 pets display pets - available
0x9  7FF7 pets display pets - in use
0xA  7FF6 seasons - garden club
0XB  7FF5 ? ? ? Goopy
0XC  7FF4 bon voyage - tourists
0XD  7FF3 bon voyage - asia
0XE  7FF2 bon voyage - mountains
0XF  7FF1 bon voyage - tropics

What is the BCON for the "Actual Tourists"?  Has it been confirmed that this family isn't being used?

ETA:  Btw, does anyone know what 7FF5 is?

Thanks Inge. Smiley

Ste
« Last Edit: 2008 February 01, 20:00:24 by syberspunk » Logged

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 02, 08:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA:  Btw, does anyone know what 7FF5 is?

In my game, the family name is "Goopy" and it contains no members.

BTW, what on earth is "Bob the builder" in the context of a Sims family?
« Last Edit: 2008 January 02, 09:12:58 by Inge » Logged

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 02, 22:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For "actual tourists" you should look at:

BCON 0x13A:0x1B=32741 (0x7FE5)
BCON 0x13A:0x10=32752 (0x7FF0)

This is the range of familyId values they will use to populate the tourist pools.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 03, 04:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, what on earth is "Bob the builder" in the context of a Sims family?
My guess is that it's some unused or recycled space, and "Bob the Builder" is some wonky working label EAxis used.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 03, 08:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw shame!  I thought EA were going to introduce a feature where we could import a photo or floorplans of a house we liked and get an NPC to build the lot for us Cheesy

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 08, 20:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For "actual tourists" you should look at:

BCON 0x13A:0x1B=32741 (0x7FE5)
BCON 0x13A:0x10=32752 (0x7FF0)

This is the range of familyId values they will use to populate the tourist pools.

"will" use?  As in... currently not being used?

I are confused.  I can has clarification?

i.e. should I bother testing for this group to make sure that I also include this group as potential "townie"/NPC types?

What is the difference between "actual tourists" and tourists (0x7FF4)?
And why are there two groups (ox7FE5 and 0x7FF0)?  Is there any difference between them?

Ste

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 09, 00:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"will" use?  As in...

"Will" as in "when tourists are populated" (i.e. when you create a neighborhood).

i.e. should I bother testing for this group to make sure that I also include this group as potential "townie"/NPC types?

What is the difference between "actual tourists" and tourists (0x7FF4)?
And why are there two groups (ox7FE5 and 0x7FF0)?  Is there any difference between them?

0x7FE5 is the first group, and 0x7FF0 is the last group. As I said, this is a range. In other words, them and every Id between them is used for Tourists.

It's currently unknown what use the 0x7FF4 Id has. I suspect it was "pre-deprecated" (as Microsoft is wont to do). In other words, they suddenly decided to stop using it.

Tourists are essentially the same as townies. The only real difference is that they only appear in "Vacation" sub-hoods, and that they generally appear as a group. There are always 4 sims per familyId, all with the same family name, etc.

Whether you should test for them really depends on the purpose of your code.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 09, 20:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

0x7FE5 is the first group, and 0x7FF0 is the last group. As I said, this is a range. In other words, them and every Id between them is used for Tourists.

A ha!  I got it!  There was a misunderstanding on my part...

It's currently unknown what use the 0x7FF4 Id has. I suspect it was "pre-deprecated" (as Microsoft is wont to do). In other words, they suddenly decided to stop using it.

I see now.  The problem was, in my haste, upon reading your original post, when you said that "Tourists" wasn't being used, I thought you were referring to the last set of numbers you mentioned (which were the "Actual Tourists").  But with this current reply, and re-reading your original, I see my mistake. Tongue

Tourists are essentially the same as townies. The only real difference is that they only appear in "Vacation" sub-hoods, and that they generally appear as a group. There are always 4 sims per familyId, all with the same family name, etc.

Whether you should test for them really depends on the purpose of your code.

Well, to explain a bit... in my growuptownies mod, I was specifically testing to see if the sim was in the 7FFE family.  Hence the name of the mod. Tongue  But, after play testing, and some requests (I think), I ended up adding downtownies as well.  This seemed all well and good, until someone noticed that the options were not showing up for these tourist and local type "npc" sims.  So, if I want to enable the option for these types of sims, then I assume I will have to test for asia, mountains, tropics, and all 12 of those "actual tourists" families in that range.  Right?

Thanks for the clarification.  Looks like I'll have to make another update then. Smiley

Ste

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 10, 00:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to explain a bit... in my growuptownies mod, I was specifically testing to see if the sim was in the 7FFE family.  Hence the name of the mod. Tongue  But, after play testing, and some requests (I think), I ended up adding downtownies as well.  This seemed all well and good, until someone noticed that the options were not showing up for these tourist and local type "npc" sims.  So, if I want to enable the option for these types of sims, then I assume I will have to test for asia, mountains, tropics, and all 12 of those "actual tourists" families in that range.  Right?

That's right. And the Garden Club as well (if you want to grow them up from Adult to Elder or Elder to dead).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 10, 01:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd suggest using the constant value which formerly used to correspond to 7FEE, but now is a lower value in BV, first, then excluding the family classes that SHOULDN'T be used, like the NPC family.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 24, 18:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

0x00007FE4   Hobby Mavens
0x00007FE3   Roomies
0x00007FE2   More roomies?

Can anyone shed light on these three?
0x00007FDF   ?
0x00007FE0   ?
0x00007FE1   ?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 24, 19:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From FT:
7FE4 = Hobby Mavens

AL Social Groups:
7FE3 = Gearheads
7FE2 = Bohemians
7FE1 = Jocks
7FE0 = Techies
7FDF = Socialites

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: