More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:18:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 742039 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #900 on: 2009 May 13, 17:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have them at GameCopyWorld, Amber.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #901 on: 2009 May 13, 23:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have them at GameCopyWorld, Amber.

Huh, that's odd, I went looking for those at GCW a few months ago and never found them.  Thanks!

ETA:  Oh, I remember now.  No-CD images exist for Uni and NL, but they have to be mounted in a virtual drive, which I dislike.  I do see they've got a proper no-CD .exe for the base game now though, which is cool.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Anebrd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 2009 May 17, 01:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the No Cd crack traditional load up slower?

Thank you for all the good information in this thread. SecuRom fucking thrashed my game- destorying a neighborhood I spent 3 months on. Please insert the original disc instead of a backup.... I would never consider going with a no cd crack until I saw the SIMS 2 method of fixing this problem. Getting more crap from SecuRom!

SecuRom turning honest gamers into pirates.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 2009 May 19, 09:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the No Cd crack traditional load up slower?
I never noticed a difference. Usually the only things that effect load times are your computer specs, your game configuration, and your CC. It is not only meshes that will effect this either. A shit ton of recolors will bog your game down as well.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #904 on: 2009 May 19, 12:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True. My load times were really quick until I added a load of recolours from Piggis Sims.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #905 on: 2009 May 19, 12:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piggi sims was the death of my load up times too.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 2009 May 19, 17:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using a no-cd crack should actually speed up load times since the computer does not have to access a disk drive to load the game.  Lots of CC will naturally slow this down.  It is worth going through your clothes and CC objects occasionally to purge those items that looked good on Friday night after you got home from the pub, but you now know you will never use.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 2009 May 19, 19:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True. My load times were really quick until I added a load of recolours from Piggis Sims.

Those recolors also compress to a mere fraction of their size, so those files are bog-ware when you download them any way you look at them. They are such an awesome idea though. It should have already been in place in the game to start with. Incidentally, my game load is the same with only the mass of recolors,  only the meshes or both together. Odd phenomenon.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
username
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 2009 May 20, 02:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm going to be annoying and ask this again.  Does anybody have an answer to my question above.  Why won't the crack launch the game?  Do I need to do something to make act as a launcher?  pleeese i ned halp111!!!!!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #909 on: 2009 May 20, 10:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to install the post Seasons expansions and I can't get the no cd crack to work.  I've followed the seemingly simple instructions in the beginning of this thread.  I've downloaded the correct patch from gamecopyworld.com, placed it in program files\EA games\the Sims 2 last ep\ TS bin, then I created a short cut to the crack.  But, when I try to run the game from the crack instead of starting the game my computer just asks me which program I would like to open the patch in.  So what am I doing wrong?

You did actually unrar the cracked .exe didn't you? It is simples. Unrar to desktop. Zip up original .exe and place somewhere safe, JIC. Delete original .exe. Copy and paste cracked .exe into C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSBin. Right click on .exe icon and choose 'send to...desktop (create shortcut). Close folder. Run game. Easy friggin' peasy.

You used the No-DVD/Fixed EXE one and not the fixed image one didn't you?

username
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 2009 May 20, 17:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes not unraring the file was the problem.  I knew I was doing something stupid.  Thank you, I really appreciate the help.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #911 on: 2009 May 21, 11:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome, but I'm sorry, I gotta do it...

*Emma P&L

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 2009 May 23, 22:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome, but I'm sorry, I gotta do it...

*Emma P&L

Indeed. Every time I come across a file with a extension that I do not recognize, I google it. I'm often amazed at the amount of people who seemingly do not have any interest in furthering their knowledge in the matter.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: 2009 June 22, 17:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too: I have to google and find out how to open it if I can....simple nosiness, actually.
Dire Weasel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 2009 August 25, 05:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2) get a no-cd or no-dvd crack from Gamecopyworld for your latest EP.  If you do not have AL or M&G, then FT will be your latest EP (once your copy arrives).  Install the game normally, but do not launch it until you install the no-cd crack.  Make sure your desktop icon points to the no-cd crack to launch the game (not to the original .exe file or the launcher - never use the launcher).

For the Sims 3, in order to install houses, sims, etc. you need to use the launcher. Does the launcher program still fuck with your computer? Will i need to install CC manually? Thanks in advance
(I will probably get insulted for being a noob but w/e also, too many sup)
neonhorn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: 2010 January 07, 20:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've skimmed this thread and still can't find the solutions I need.

The no-CD crack for M&G(fixed portrait) is just not working for me.

I downloaded it, unzipped it, dropped it in the TSBin of M&G, took out the original EXE, and created a shortcut to the desktop of the new EXE and it still tells me that it fails to enumerate directX 9.

What do I do now?  The last time this happened, I just said, "screw it" and played with my disk and let the SecuROM infect my computer, but I'd really like to not do that this time.

Any help would be appreciated.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: 2010 January 07, 21:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've skimmed this thread and still can't find the solutions I need.

The no-CD crack for M&G(fixed portrait) is just not working for me.
I downloaded it, unzipped it, dropped it in the TSBin of M&G, took out the original EXE, and created a shortcut to the desktop of the new EXE and it still tells me that it fails to enumerate directX 9.
Any help would be appreciated.

It used to give that issue when you had the No-cd in the wrong place. You say you have it in the TSbin though.
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin?
Try a different no-cd crack maybe? Go get one from GameCopyWorld and see if that one works for you at all.

neonhorn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: 2010 January 07, 23:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup....that's the exact location I dropped it into....and I did unRAR it before I put it in.

I've tried to go to GameCopyWorld before, but I always get virus warnings from Avast from that site, so I try to steer clear.  Is there perhaps another site where I can get another crack?  Or does anybody have one uploaded they could share?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: 2010 January 08, 00:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? Avast has never given me any warnings on their site. Do you also have Adblock and are using Firefox? That is the only thing I can think of as to why I wouldn't get warnings. I have Adblock and Noscript plugins. The only other place I can think of is GameBurnWorld, but frankly, they make me feel as if my PC is getting dirty for some reason.

Edit: This is the No-cd that I'm using, try this, if it doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you except recheck for Securom, make absolutely sure everything is in the right place, and make sure you aren't using the launcher.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/032ciy4ymmq/Sims2EP9NoCD.rar
I don't remove the original .exe I just rename the crack and point the shortcut to it. Keeps moving files around to a minimum.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 08, 00:39:49 by morriganrant » Logged

neonhorn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: 2010 January 08, 01:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  I just downloaded it and I'll put it in after dinner and see if it works.

Yeah, for some reason, I always got a virus warning when I visited that site.  But, that was when we were using IE instead of Firefox.  And we don't have any adblockers, just Avast for the virus protection.

And you're right about GameBurnWorld....so not worth it!  Your computer will get dirty from visiting that site!

EDIT:  Thank you, morriganrant!  It worked!  It was a little slow loading; slower than I'm used to, but it works!! 
« Last Edit: 2010 January 08, 01:44:10 by neonhorn » Logged
AzemOcram
Retardo Lander

(perpetual) Virgin and Practicing Cocksucker

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: 2010 January 09, 05:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally despise SecuRom but I have not had any problems with Tagés. I am in the middle of upgrading my PC so I must check how everything works after I install The Sims 2 and all of its expansion packs.

I am a hamtard and dumbass because even though plenty of people in #grah saw Pescado gimme my new password, I NEVER CHANGED IT AFTERWARDS.
MegatronsPet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: 2010 January 16, 23:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question that no one [I think] has come up with yet:

Can running BS and/or SimPE (w/ or w/o crack present) trigger SecuROM install?  I know they load game stuff somehow or other, but wasn't sure whether the .exe gets called in the process.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: 2010 January 17, 00:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question that no one [I think] has come up with yet:

Can running BS and/or SimPE (w/ or w/o crack present) trigger SecuROM install?  I know they load game stuff somehow or other, but wasn't sure whether the .exe gets called in the process.

To my knowledge, no, BS has it's own .exe and Simpe scans .package files in the core folders. If you want to check what exactly is called when they run, you can get a program called Process Monitor and configure it to the Simpe.exe and the bodyshop.exes.

MegatronsPet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: 2010 January 17, 01:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To my knowledge, no, BS has it's own .exe and Simpe scans .package files in the core folders. If you want to check what exactly is called when they run, you can get a program called Process Monitor and configure it to the Simpe.exe and the bodyshop.exes.

Thank you! Makes sense, of course  Cheesy
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: 2010 March 26, 16:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dumb question here, and I don't even know if anyone comes by here anymore but, I just got a new computer and reinstalled the Sims 2.  I installed each ep and sp one right after another without playing the game first.  I then got a no-cd crack for M&G stuff and loaded the game using that.  I assumed I would have secuROM, but none of the searches are turning anything up.  Is this because I didn't launch the game using the regular .exe?  Or should I expect to be finding something?  Thanks if anyone stumbles across this!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: