More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:05:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 746668 times)
zepherine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #825 on: 2008 December 06, 21:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, All.  I have been following this thread with great interest for some time now, but I have yet to read of one other person who has experienced the SecurRom related problem which is causing me grief.

I have purchased "Bon Voyage," FreeTime," and "Apartment Life," but cannot install any of them.  SecuRom is ALL that installs before I receive the ubiquitous "Autorun has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience" message

Needless to say, EA has been no help whatsoever about this, and in fact they have apparenely failed even to read my Emails, judging from the woefully inapplicable responses they have returned to me. 

Do any of you know what causes this?  Have you heard of others having this problem?  And is there a workaround? 
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 2008 December 07, 19:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Workaround:

Uninstall SecuROM, if it's on your system, using the directions here.

Download a copy from one of the many filesharing sites. It isn't even illegal, since you already have a paid-for copy.

Use the downloaded copy to install.

Get a No-CD crack so you don't need to use the CD when you run (to avoid SecuROM).

Should work!
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2008 December 19, 16:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, question.

I have followed these instructions and now Free Time is running properly with a no-cd crack and i haz no SUCKurom.  My question is this:

I want to install K&B, IKEA, AL and M&G.  When I install the first SP, do I still run the game using the FT crack, or do I need to get a new crack for K&B?  Then, IF it works (it didn't yesterday), when I go to install IKEA, do I need a new crack for IKEA, or do I still use the FT crack?

I know when I install AL I will definitely need a new crack for that... but what about M&G?  Will I still use the AL crack, or will I need an M&G crack?  I want to try installing each pack one at the time to see if they work, since last night I installed them all together and got nothing.  Any ideas?

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 2008 December 19, 17:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, question.

I have followed these instructions and now Free Time is running properly with a no-cd crack and i haz no SUCKurom.  My question is this:

I want to install K&B, IKEA, AL and M&G.  When I install the first SP, do I still run the game using the FT crack, or do I need to get a new crack for K&B?  Then, IF it works (it didn't yesterday), when I go to install IKEA, do I need a new crack for IKEA, or do I still use the FT crack?

I know when I install AL I will definitely need a new crack for that... but what about M&G?  Will I still use the AL crack, or will I need an M&G crack?  I want to try installing each pack one at the time to see if they work, since last night I installed them all together and got nothing.  Any ideas?

For SPs you would use the crack for your latest EP, which is FT.  You are correct that you will need the no-cd crack for AL when you install that.  I believe the exception to the SP rule is M&G, which runs from its own .exe, so you would need a no-cd crack for that as well.

Tribulatio proxima est
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2008 December 21, 02:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, clearly something is NOT RIGHT and I am blaming SecuROM. 

Here's what my situation is.

After uninstalling back to Free Time, it worked... then I put in K&B and it worked... then I put in IKEA and it worked... then I put in AL and it wouldn't work.

I called tech support and they said it was my video card, so I upgraded my video card, but AL still wouldn't work, so I backed up to FT again, and it still wouldn't work.  Then I discovered that despite my use of no-cd cracks, SecuROM was back on my system.

So I removed SecuROM again, only here's the thing... I got it all out of the registry keys and everything but the files that the steps say to delete don't show up, so I can't delete those.

I've spent all day going back and forth trying to get something to work, and it wouldn't, so I finally uninstalled the entire f*ing game and started over from scratch.

Base game worked... Uni worked... NL won't load, and it doesn't even have SecuROM on the f*ing disk.

PLEASE help.  I am completely confused and frustrated and I have NO idea how to fix this.  Sad

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
Lulz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2008 December 25, 02:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I love this thread. SecuROM is the enemy. But after going through a little over half of it, I still have a question. I have every expansion except Pets installed (get to that in a second) with every patch (except Pets, obviously), and I just downloaded the no-CD crack from gameburnworld (Sims2ApartmentLifev1.16.0.194NoDVDFixedexeEng.rar, in case that matters at all? I checked, and it matches the version of the patched game I have installed). But, if I happen to, by some miracle, find my Pets Disk 1 (It sort of disappeared, I guess, but I do have the other disk), how would it work if I installed it? Meaning, do I just install that, grab the patch, and then install the no-CD crack version for the patched Pets? Would I then use that no-CD crack shortcut to run the game, or would I just not download the no-CD crack for Pets and keep using the Apartment Life shortcut? On my other computer, before I knew about SecuROM and it's evil nature, and back when I still had my Pets Disk 1, I installed all the expansions in order, because I could xD So, now I have no idea how to go about this whole installing Pets last thing -- if I do find it. If not, I suppose this is pretty much completely irrelevant.  Roll Eyes
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2008 December 25, 05:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You always use the No-CD .exe for the latest EP you have, as that's what will try to run when you start the game.

The only difference is M&G because, despite it being marketed as a stuff pack, it runs from its own CD, has its own .exe, and thus needs its own No-CD file. If you do not have M&G, but you have AL, then yes, AL is the latest one.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2008 December 25, 06:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The early SPs also behave like EPs and require their own no-cds... I believe that this just applies to Family Fun and Glamour Life.

[Edit: fix typo]
« Last Edit: 2008 December 26, 21:44:47 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2008 December 25, 22:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I've got a question...

Santaroth tossed BV down my chimney today, and I happened to strongly suspect this would happen, so I've had the SecuROM removal tools, latest EA BV patch, many MATY game-fixing hacks, and the No-CD crack for BV v1.10.0.130 ready to go for a bit.

I've run into a bit of 'trouble' following the instructions.  After installing BV, I patched it, renamed the BV .exe, put the no-CD crack in its place, then directed all my shortcuts to it instead of the launcher.  The BV disc is now safely ensconced in its clamshell where it will never ever touch my computer again if I can help it--I haven't started the game from the regular .exe.  I tried the cracked .exe, game started fine, so I quit without playing and went onto the "kill SecuROM" steps.

I looked at my registry--SecuROM is there just as I expected it to be.  Running regdelnull this way: "C:\regdelnull HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SecuROM -s" and this way "regdelnull hkcu -s" gives me no results, says the scan is complete.  I did the same with "hku -s", scan turned up nothing.  "hklm -s" brought up a few, but none that were related to SecuROM, so I left them alone.

Doing the uaservice7 step predictably came back as being unable to be performed because I installed BV as an admin.  "regsvr32 /u cmdlineext.dll" did what it should.  Rebooted, deleted that .dll.  Went to the Documents and Settings step--found no folder for SecuROM anywhere.

Here's the question(s): Is this expected behavior?  I have a few other games that use much older versions of SecuROM (KotOR and KotOR II), so is it expected that the registries would be there but the rest wouldn't be?  Is it safe to wholesale delete the SecuROM registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?  I can haz SecuROMless computer nao?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 2008 December 25, 22:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you were running in administrator mode, then you wouldn't have got SecuROM from BV. You have to run the actual exe to catch it. You may have SecuROM pre-existing from something else.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2008 December 25, 22:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  I probably did get it from KotOR and KotOR II--they both use SecuROM 5 IIRC.
Craigbear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 2008 December 26, 01:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi i have maybe what is gonna be a stupid question but i just got a new computer custom built for me and when it first booted up it said the computer name was admin-pc. Im hoping that means im running under admin account because i want to play BV,FT and AL without securom.If i understood what i read if you install any of those eps under admin account you can play the game by replacing the .exe with a no cd crack without securom ever starting up. Someone please help as i really enjoyed playing those games on my laptop and really want to see what it is going to be like to play it on my top of the line new computer.

Thanks.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 2008 December 26, 05:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi i have maybe what is gonna be a stupid question but i just got a new computer custom built for me and when it first booted up it said the computer name was admin-pc. Im hoping that means im running under admin account because i want to play BV,FT and AL without securom.If i understood what i read if you install any of those eps under admin account you can play the game by replacing the .exe with a no cd crack without securom ever starting up. Someone please help as i really enjoyed playing those games on my laptop and really want to see what it is going to be like to play it on my top of the line new computer.

Thanks.

You... didn't actually ask a question in there anywhere. Are you asking if your account is an admin account? If it's called admin, then... My magic 8 ball says "Sources say yes." Other than that there isn't really any way to tell from here.
Craigbear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 2008 December 26, 05:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im sorry about that i found out i am running in admin mode but my question is if i install BV,FT and AL and never run the game from the game launcher will i be safe from having securom activating?
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 2008 December 26, 06:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install from the admin account and immediately replace the game exe with the no-CD exe. Then run the game from this no-CD exe. You will not get SecuROM.
Craigbear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: 2008 December 26, 06:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for your help you just made my night. My next question is where can i download a safe no cd crack?
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2008 December 26, 08:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes

Merry Christmas.
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 2008 December 27, 19:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,
 I just completely uninstalled my Sims2 games and am going to reinstall.  I read through this thread and I am kinda alarmed.  I have dodged Sucky-Rom so far, on this system,(after it completely destroyed the USB's and CD writer on my old one)...I am reading of people getting it from just an install??  AND the latest FT patch info looks very threatening.   Do I need to patch if I have Apartment Life?   

"Updated SecuRom version to resolve an issue where some players started their game through the launcher or clicked on the game executable, but never saw the game splash screen on monitor and fixed emulation problems players were experiencing. " WTF!

Am gonna clean up my system and await an answer.   I have the no-dvd from gameburnworld...will that dodge this industrial virus?  Please advise before all my cautions in the past go up in smoke along with my game system.   K
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 2008 December 27, 20:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither applying patches, nor installing the game, in themselves, will not give you the nasty.
For more, please read the thread you are posting in, at least this page.  Really, it's not so hard.

I don't have anything against you personally, but do you see Craigbear's posts up above?  It ran away before I had a chance to play, and now I have this extra gallon of gasoline and nothing to throw it on...

KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 2008 December 28, 05:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Seelindarun,   it was reading these latest posts that got me spooked that and that business in the FT patch.  OK.  I feel better now.    Have the noDVD standing by.  Reloading.  Thanks again.  K
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2008 December 29, 17:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither applying patches, nor installing the game, in themselves, will not give you the nasty.
For more, please read the thread you are posting in, at least this page.  Really, it's not so hard.
Also, note that there is a link on the very first post for frequently asked questions. This question has been answered multiple times.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
helpkiki
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 2009 January 04, 20:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink Hi to all!
i am sorry if this has been already asked, i just can not find the answer...and i am not too good with no-cd cracks.
i just got free time and want to play it without a cd like i do with bon voyage.
If anyone would be so nice to list the steps to do that and what to download, i would really really appreciate this!
Also, i want to download the patch for free time, so as i understand i need a new no-cd crack also?? And in what order should i install-download-crack..?
PLZ help...

THANKS!!! Wink
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2009 January 05, 01:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes

Here.
« Last Edit: 2009 January 05, 10:26:36 by MoonDragoness » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 2009 January 05, 02:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink Hi to all!
i am sorry if this has been already asked, i just can not find the answer...and i am not too good with no-cd cracks.
i just got free time and want to play it without a cd like i do with bon voyage.
If anyone would be so nice to list the steps to do that and what to download, i would really really appreciate this!
Also, i want to download the patch for free time, so as i understand i need a new no-cd crack also?? And in what order should i install-download-crack..?
PLZ help...

THANKS!!! Wink

Helpkiki as a username? Sock.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 2009 January 05, 17:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wink Hi to all!
i am sorry if this has been already asked, i just can not find the answer...PLZ help...

Helpkiki as a username? Sock.

Certainly a very poor and unimaginative choice of username.  At best it implies that the user requires constant hand-holding.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: