More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:53:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 742073 times)
Moon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #750 on: 2008 August 30, 03:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll have to indulge my current ignorance as it has been a LONG time since I have been able to play TS2.

If I remember correctly, the game played from the last game installed, not necessarily from the newest EP.

So, could I install all my new stuff, and install say, Nightlife last.. could I still play from the disc and avoid suckurom?

Or do I remember incorrectly, and would I still have to get a No CD for Apartment Life?

I ask simply because No CD cracks would be new territory for me and I'm a big chicken. Bawk bawk.

ETA: I am clearly a moron and of course that is not the case. Now I get to wade into the world of No CD cracks for the first time.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 30, 04:53:28 by moonsingingfreak » Logged
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 2008 August 30, 06:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game looks for the most recent EP, so installing them out of order won't make the last installed EP the default EP, it will just bork the proper loading of the EPs and SPs and the functionality of the game. It shouldn't, but sometimes EA Games do things they shouldn't.

In short, get the No-CD for AL.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2008 September 02, 04:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't have Securom (I don't think, running Admin account, don't see anything) and no FreeTime patches installed but now about to install ApartmentLife, so I'm confused about order...

Option 1:  Check/Remove Securom; install FT patches 1, 2 and/or 3 (?) ; install AL ; remove securom again(?) ; run from no crack CD
or
Option 2: Install FT patches 1, 2 and/or 3 (?) ; install AL ; check/remove securom(?) ; run from no crack CD

Option 1 seems like unnecessary work but I want to make sure my computer is/stays clean.

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2008 September 02, 11:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have already checked and do not have Securom on your machine, then unless you run the original .exe from any EP after BV then you will not reinfect your machine.  Therefore I would go with option 2, you can always check for Securom after you put the AL crack in, if you are paranoid.
moparopie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #754 on: 2008 September 04, 22:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love this guide!  It helped me fix my "can't find cd" error the game was throwing.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 2008 September 05, 00:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love this guide!  It helped me fix my "can't find cd" error the game was throwing.

Well fancy that!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 2008 September 08, 20:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has been noted that, if you install your game on an administrator account, you may not get the registry entries or the securom directory on your system.  YMMV.

If you run the tests and no registry entries for securom are found, rejoice.  Have a nice cup of tea (to borrow a currently common sentiment).

Load the proper no-cd crack.  You should be good to go.

Tribulatio proxima est
Hellyes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 2008 September 12, 22:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how about an uninstaller guys? i managed to get them to give it to me. had to twist a few arms though. but here it is":

(supposedly this came from Securom personnel)..

" Hello.

Please start the SecuROM Uninstaller tool with the parameter /fulluninstall, afterwards everything should be removed.

Please find below the instructions:

Code:
http://www.securom.com/support/SecuROM_Uninstaller.zip

Please download it, extract the application file and follow the instructions below:

WARNING:
Hey everyone, I just want to warn you all.  Don't download this file from Tigerlover!  An AVG Scan says it contains a trojan.  Trojan horse SHeur.CILH

Only question I have is, why is the SecuROM support website giving out a link for a file that has a trojan horse in it?
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 2008 September 13, 06:27:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WARNING:
Hey everyone, I just want to warn you all.  Don't download this file from Tigerlover!  An AVG Scan says it contains a trojan.  Trojan horse SHeur.CILH

Only question I have is, why is the SecuROM support website giving out a link for a file that has a trojan horse in it?

According to some of the results of the Google search of SHeur (a direct search of SHeur.CILH didn't turn up anything), it could very well be a false positive. However, there is also this brief report on Microsoft's Malware Proection Center. Hmm.
Bronxboy
Tasty Tourist

Usual ID: Xtian913

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 2008 September 17, 20:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all, first time posting, as I too have been having issues with the game & my pc in general after installing AL and I would like to remove SecuRom and use the No-CD crack.

I will be attempting to remove SecuRom tonight via the instructions here, but I just have one question: I see a few people mention the No-CD patch for AL, and I'm not quite sure what thats means, as all I found on GameCopyWorld was a No-CD crack. Is this a hacked version of the official patch that will eventually be out for AL? I'm new to all this stuff, so please forgive my noobishness. Smiley

I just want to play the game. Why must things be so difficult?!? >_<
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2008 September 17, 23:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The no-cd crack is what you want -- it replaces the game .exe.  Save your original .exe somewhere (I just zip it up and leave it in the same folder), because you'll need to restore it when the patch comes out so the patch can be applied.  You'll need to get a new no-cd.exe for the patched version, though, so don't be in a rush to patch until the revised .exe is available.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Bronxboy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2008 September 18, 02:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I've managed to delete SecuRom (I think I did it right! lol. No errors!) and apply the No-CD crack, because the game loaded with it. Go me!

Thanks for explaining about the patch and the updated NO-CD crack, I will be patient until I see the new version - whenever that is! However, one quick question: Should I not keep the original EXE just out in the open in the same folder as the NO-CD one? I renamed the crack and the game loaded up fine, with the original EXE in the same folder.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 2008 September 18, 02:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is your shortcut pointing to, out of curiosity? Just having a crack does not mean you are running it.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 2008 September 18, 02:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I've managed to delete SecuRom (I think I did it right! lol. No errors!) and apply the No-CD crack, because the game loaded with it. Go me!

Thanks for explaining about the patch and the updated NO-CD crack, I will be patient until I see the new version - whenever that is! However, one quick question: Should I not keep the original EXE just out in the open in the same folder as the NO-CD one? I renamed the crack and the game loaded up fine, with the original EXE in the same folder.

Yes, you can keep the original .exe in the folder.  My question now is, if you renamed the no-cd.exe the same name as the original, did it not overwrite the original?  Or did you rename the original something else first?

I generally name the no-cd crack something like ALno-cd.exe, and point the shortcut to it, leaving the original .exe intact.  That way I don't have to rename things again when I want to install a new EP.

Tribulatio proxima est
Bronxboy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2008 September 18, 04:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I left the original .EXE with the original name, and named the crack ALNOCD.exe actually! Smiley

I didn't rename the original .EXE in case the crack wouldn't work and I would need to use the original method. Thankfully though, its all working. I have the CD away in its case and the game running all by itself. Wink

butheircousins
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 2008 September 24, 14:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i heard that simrom causes problems with lots of peoples computers but my computers have never had problems with it i am going to live simron on for now but if there are problems i will take it off
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2008 September 24, 14:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the gods, are you retarded? Seriously. Who could possibly be this stupid? Probably a sock; my money is on The Tard's sock, sent to make her seem wonderful in comparison, so that her return would be made better for her.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2008 September 24, 19:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

simrom - the new STD. Snork.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2008 September 24, 21:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the gods, are you retarded? Seriously. Who could possibly be this stupid? Probably a sock; my money is on The Tard's sock, sent to make her seem wonderful in comparison, so that her return would be made better for her.
Interesting thought.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Triskele
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2008 September 24, 22:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for giving me an option in regards to killing this little bastard of a program.
My laptop is getting renamed in honour of its saviour. I think I've lost a third of the functionality since this got itself nestled in my registry.
I'll refrain from cursing in text though.
I hope they win the lawsuit.

INFP - Idealist.
"It may be he shall take my hand   
And lead me into his dark land   
And close my eyes and quench my breath"
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 2008 September 27, 22:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realise this is a long thread, but Zazazu answered this question already.  Please search.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2008 September 29, 04:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled SecuRom successfully... or so I'm hoping.  I'm not even really sure how it got on my computer, but that's not the issue at hand here.  However, if anyone knows if SecuRom was included in the free Spore Creature Creator demo, let me know, as that would be incredibly stupid to put an anti-piracy program on a demo...
It was. Copy protection is placed on demos because of the belief that crackers will use the demo as a "known plaintext" to attack from. What it REALLY accomplishes is simply giving them something to examine before the game even comes out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Triskele
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2008 September 29, 17:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone have any idea about my other question?

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/704675

Does this help?

INFP - Idealist.
"It may be he shall take my hand   
And lead me into his dark land   
And close my eyes and quench my breath"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2008 September 29, 17:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone have any idea about my other question?
It sounds like you skipped Step 3:

3. If that damned SecuRom folder still can't be deleted, even after correctly following the instructions above, download DelinvFile from http://www.purgeie.com/delinv/dldelinv.htm . Run the executable and find the C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME HERE\Application Data\Securom folder and open the sub-folder. (Sorry, mine's gone, but I believe it was named "User Data"). On the right, choose each malformed file and delete. Go back into My Computer and delete that SecuRom folder for once and all.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2008 September 30, 01:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got around to downloading the no-cd crack for Apartment Life and removing SecuROM from my computer.  I hadn't had any problems with SecuROM that I knew about, which is why I took so long to get around to it, but just knowing it was there was starting to grate on me.

This was not fun given that the instructions were for PCs with XP, and Vista does stuff differently because it wants to wrap you in cotton wool and tell you that you're not smart enough to do this.  So I spent a lot of time googling how to do stuff under Vista which would have been simple under XP (well, simple following the instructions, anyway).

I think I'll have to run CCleaner at some point because when I next rebooted the computer, there was some sort of error in the startup files (not sure what - I didn't pay enough attention, and it didn't seem to cause any problems in the stuff that I used).  If it comes up again I'll take a screenshot.

ETA: Bloody computer made a liar out of me.  No error on startup this time.  Hmph.

ETA (Again): just checked out my registry files.  Securom found its nasty way back in there despite using the no-cd crack.  The computer was happy to let me delete the folder though so I don't know if I did it WRONG or if this is meant to happen?
« Last Edit: 2008 October 03, 00:03:58 by vecki » Logged

<insert witty comment here>
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: