More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:47:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 742009 times)
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #600 on: 2008 June 12, 10:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am guessing that if I buy a recently reprinted older ep such as uni, there may well be securom on it?  I suppose there's no way to tell from looking at the box.
Thats a good question I wouldnt be surpsied if it did have it, and no were on the box does it tell you if it would be in there.
The game manuals dont even tell you its going to be installed

This is a question we're trying to work out over at SAS at the moment, so if someone gets a definite answer, let me know...  However we reached the same conclusion because EA's own information says that they're using Securom for their copy protection and doesn't specify just new games, the conclusion we've reached is that if it's a newly printed game, it likely has Securom on it regardless of which Sims game it is.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 12, 10:28:51 by saraswati » Logged
tIIsuggas
Garrulous Gimp

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 2008 June 12, 13:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a question we're trying to work out over at SAS at the moment, so if someone gets a definite answer, let me know...  However we reached the same conclusion because EA's own information says that they're using Securom for their copy protection and doesn't specify just new games, the conclusion we've reached is that if it's a newly printed game, it likely has Securom on it regardless of which Sims game it is.

To add to this:

I have all EPs', SPs' up to an including FreeTime.
I have just replaced my base CD version with a DVD version, as disk two was scratched and wouldn't install.
I have just won a copy of Pets EP over at the official UK site.

My original base game and original Pets don't contain SecuROM.

My new base and Pets have the words 'Sony DADC' (very small printing) printed on the inner circle on the shiny side of the disks.  It's also printed on my Seasons disk.

Sony DADC are the makers of SecuROM and I can't see Sony implementing a competitors copy protection.  This is just my thought though.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 2008 June 12, 14:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess that confirms the suspicion, then Tongue
Tchan
Little Bitch
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 2008 June 12, 18:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My new base and Pets have the words 'Sony DADC' (very small printing) printed on the inner circle on the shiny side of the disks.  It's also printed on my Seasons disk.

Sony DADC are the makers of SecuROM and I can't see Sony implementing a competitors copy protection.  This is just my thought though.

My disks say that, too, and I most definitely do not have SecuROM on my PC. Thank you for saying this, though; I'd never have thought to check there.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 2008 June 12, 20:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, this is the totally innocent, learning on my feet question.. Wouldn't your pc only contain Securom regardless of what you have installed IF you had tried to run your game without the nocd patch?
Lord Vader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 2008 June 13, 04:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is there a no-CD crack yet for the newest version of Free-Time?
tIIsuggas
Garrulous Gimp

Avatar V2.013.6 (alpha) Unsupported

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 2008 June 13, 06:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, this is the totally innocent, learning on my feet question.. Wouldn't your pc only contain Securom regardless of what you have installed IF you had tried to run your game without the nocd patch?

If I understand this question correctly, we only get SecuROM infection if we run the game from the .exe that comes with the game, if we put a no-cd in place before actually starting the game, we don't get SecuROM.

I installed mine, but quit after each installation, put in the no-cd then ran the game from my desktop shortcut I made using the fixed exec.  I don't have SecuROM.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 2008 June 13, 06:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you are using an admin account, this is true. If not an admin account, then just installing the game will infect you.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 2008 June 13, 07:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack. I'm glad this is still around. I got SuckROM by installing Test Drive Unlimited, and I wasn't paying attention when starting it up. When I saw that spinning cd of doom, I knew I had fuxored up. Fell free to point and laugh.  Roll Eyes Anyway, my real point with posting this is, does anyone know where I can find a list of games and what copy protection they use? I want to try to stay away from this nasty thing as much as possible.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 2008 June 13, 07:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

List of games and copy protections can be found here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Vader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 2008 June 13, 07:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok but the problem is that I installed the latest patch for Free Time but I can't find the associated crack. I don't wanna get Suckrom again so does anyone know where to get the crack for the latest version of free time?
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 2008 June 13, 08:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not yet.  There are other threads where people have posted complaining about it.  Stop asking, I'm sure someone will announce when they finally discover there's a new No-CD. 
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #612 on: 2008 June 13, 09:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok but the problem is that I installed the latest patch for Free Time but I can't find the associated crack. I don't wanna get Suckrom again so does anyone know where to get the crack for the latest version of free time?

Cracks for patched executables are announced in NFOrce PC Game DOX section. After the announcement, it takes a couple of days for them to appear in sites like GCW.

FYI, crack for first BV patch was released after 3 weeks. Check DOX section daily, no point in asking here or any other fora.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 2008 June 16, 20:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I have a question. I'm going to be replacing my motherboard and processor in a couple of weeks which means I'm going to have to reinstall Windows and all my programs including TS2. I'm installing Windows on a new hard drive that's bigger than my current one which is about filled up right now. Anyway, when I get my mobo/CPU swapped out and get XP installed, I'd really like to avoid installing SecuROM. So what I'm wondering is, is there a way of installing the game without also installing SecuROM that doesn't involve downloading the games or does it automatically install when the game is installed. Because the removal instructions are too complicated for me to understand and I don't want to be messing with the registry. I have all the EPs and SPs if that makes any difference. I thought I read that SecuROM doesn't install until you start the game, is that the case? If so, would I just need a no CD crack for Free Time?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 2008 June 16, 20:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...is there a way of installing the game without also installing SecuROM that doesn't involve downloading the games or does it automatically install when the game is installed. Because the removal instructions are too complicated for me to understand and I don't want to be messing with the registry.

Just install the base game and all EPs and any necessary patches that you have in the normal manner.  Install the no-cd crack for the latest EP (if you have FT, install the no-cd crack for that).  Run game from the no-cd crack (your desktop shortcut should point to the no-cd crack and NOT to the original .exe file - it can be called anything you like, such as "FTno-cd.exe").

Do not run the game until after you install the no-cd crack.  This will avoid loading securom (which loads and installs when you first run the game from the original .exe file)

Running the game from the no-cd crack avoids the step of installing securom.

Tribulatio proxima est
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 2008 June 16, 21:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Care to point me in the direction of a working FT no CD crack? Also, does the no CD crack bypass the launcher? Sorry, I've never done this before, but I think it's needed since I don't want to lose another DVD burner or anything else. Oh, and I'm not planning on patching FT at all, so I don't know if that makes a difference in what version I'll need or not.
« Last Edit: 2008 June 16, 21:37:11 by ShortyBoo » Logged
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 2008 June 16, 22:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ It sure does make a difference. No-cd cracks for unpatched (and for the 1st patch) games can be found here. Can't give you a direct link but it's pretty easy to find.

Dive in!
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 2008 June 17, 02:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I found it. Version 1.0 is for the un-patched game, right?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 2008 June 17, 02:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I found it. Version 1.0 is for the un-patched game, right?
Right, and if you want the first patch, you can search the podium for the link. It's hosted here somewhere.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 2008 June 17, 04:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/patch/, and the crack you'd use for that is 1.1.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 2008 June 20, 18:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, one more question. I have the digital copies of Glamour Life and the Holiday packs. If I install EA Downloader to install those games, will that put SecuROM on my PC, or would I be ok since those games were before SecuROM and because I wouldn't be running the game through their exes?
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 2008 June 20, 18:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded Freetime No CD Crack Version 1.0 and when I put it in the TSBin it turns into a shortcut even if I put the original .exe on the desktop.  Where can I get a good no cd crack for Freetime unpatched?

ISFJ
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 2008 June 20, 18:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rightclick your crack, select "cut" or "copy" and paste it into TSBin. then make a shortcut to the desktop.

lauriej
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 2008 June 20, 18:49:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have to move the crack file to the tsbin for it to work.  if you try to copy it copeis as a shortcut and wont work
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 2008 June 20, 19:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine didn't.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: