More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:19:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW  (Read 742155 times)
Celestard
Racist Stalker
Retardo Lander

View Profile WWW
Re: How to get rid of SecuRom, NOW
« Reply #275 on: 2007 November 25, 21:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

muahahahaha, thanks tessie, I'm the nasty one over there, and thank you for the warm welcome here.

I want the securom out of my system, but I want to play like no one's business. I just found out I have that daemon thing too. Do you think they will actually come up with a fix for this, or do you think they'll continue to hide from us?

No I don't think they will ever fix it.  The only way to fix it is to get it off the game completely.  They possibily could change to another copy protection some day, but that's not going to be for a long time.

I was wondering, do you get rid of the whole game, then get rid of the securom, then reinstall it and before you launch the play button, put that no cd crack in there?

You do not have to uninstall the game at all.  Just uninstall SecuROM, then before you start the game up again, put the no cd crack in.    The crack will bypass the launcher all together.  You will start up from a short cut of the crack on your desktop.  You will no longer need to keep the disk in the drive to start up the game. 

« Last Edit: 2007 November 25, 21:27:33 by CelestaLovesCats » Logged

Proof MATY schticks are a LIE!
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
It doesn't have to be TRUE to be funny. All we need is to take some minor thing you said, blow it up out of context, multiply by over 9000, and voila, you have a schtick. Sims are all about caricature, after all.
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2007 November 26, 03:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I too have had lots of computer weirdness since the spring, and it kept getting worse.  My tech said he suspected a rootkit, and then I found out about this Securom stuff.   Well, long story short,   I am now waiting for service on the machine because my USB's are malfunctioning.   Once I get either restored USB function or a new computer, I am setting up the game system to "stand alone"...no internet connection.   
For the first time I have downloaded a noCD crack from the link http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/sims2bonvoyage.shtml
but I have read enough of these threads to be confused.   The first entry from Pescado was clear enough.  When i reinstall my game and EPs etc, before the first time I start it, put the noCD crack in place of the .exe ... got that.  But there is stuff about torrent and Yasu and Daemon and I don't know how that all applies ... Is the noCD all I need, will I still have the CD in the drive?   And the link above has two files,   I wasn't sure, so I picked the second, is that for the BV patched game?  I never in my life expected to go and get a noCD for anything, but I have been through HELL since April,  if anyone is interested I can list 8 very weird things I experienced that convinced me someone had unauthorized access into my home network.  Any advice vis a vis the noCD and which one I need would be very appreciated.  K
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2007 November 26, 03:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have legal copies of the game, you have no need for deamon or yasu, that was for those of us who installed using a torrented copy.
You're doing fine so far, just install your games under an admin privileged account on your system and before you ever run it, drop the no cd in place. You will no longer need the cd. Make sure you drop it in the right place, some people have not and just put securom back on their system all over again when they used the shortcut and it was in fact the original one. Make a back up of the original exe, then drop in the no-cd. I don't have much experience getting things from gameburnworld, I prefer gamecopyworld. You can not patch with a no-cd in, you have to replace it with the original exe if you want to patch and then put the no-cd crack back (and have an unholy hybrid that may cause problems later) or find a patched no-cd to take the place of the old crack.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: 2007 November 26, 04:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/sims2bonvoyage.shtml
And the link above has two files,   I wasn't sure, so I picked the second, is that for the BV patched game?
Yes, the patched BV version is v1.10.0.122.
Like morriganrant, I prefer GameCopyWorld to GameBurnWorld. Unlike GBW, GCW clearly lists the release date of NoCD and the name of release group who made the crack. The group name info can come in handy when multiple versions of NoCD are floating around.

tessieroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2007 November 26, 14:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sky - if you're having trouble following those removal instructions, lemme know. PM me or something. (have you ever messed with your registry files before?) It can be pretty daunting if you haven't but it works, trust everyone here!  Grin

As for the no-cd patch, once you open that .rar or .zip file, you'll fine a new Sims2EP6.exe file. That goes under this: Click My Computer, Click whatever hard-drive you have you game on, Click program files, Click EA games, Click Bon Voyage, Click TS bin and copy the new .exe file there. (Make sure you backup the other one in case.) Then just close all those folders and click on your BV icon on the desktop. This allows you to play without the CD (which means no SecuROM!  Cheesy )

Kinwa -
That's exactly what happened to me! (besides not being able to read CD/DVD anymore) My USB SanDisk mini-cruzer wouldn't read either......it showed emtpy, even though I know I had tons of stuff backed up on it.  Angry Once I removed SecuROM, everything was fine.  Cheesy
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2007 November 27, 13:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh folks.  I feel like such a n00b....Never used a cracked exe before.    There is a 3kb file with the Fairlight file,  that is named fltdox.  Does that go somewhere?    I still don't have a standalone set up for the game...awaiting my tech at the moment to see if he can recover my USB capabilities.   I got a lot of tips from BleepingComputer.com,  seems I did have an invasion.   But since the computer has been wiped, unless it is connected to the Internet, I probably won't have those scarey weirdnesses (death to all nesses)   anymore.  They suspect I may have caught something "in the wild" and gave me a routine to find it...if it ever happened again.   So far, this eight year old Win2000 system is looking secure. 
BTW guys, thanks for all your help and kindnesses (that one we can keep) ... What a great site!
tessieroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2007 November 27, 14:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry about it, I was a noob to the whole no-cd thing too when I came here. Never thought I'd resort to something like that but there ya go............ Cheesy

Here's the patched no-cd file for BV:
http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/sims2bonvoyage.shtml

It's version 1.10.0.122 (14.5MB - it's the only file you need) and read my post above on where to place it. (I'll post those again below) I've started using those no matter what, it's just easier? Plus saves wear/tear on the CD. Those guys at Bleeping Computer are great, I've been there before too.  Grin

Instruction for no-cd crack:
That goes under this: Click My Computer, Click whatever hard-drive you have you game on, Click program files, Click EA games, Click Bon Voyage, Click TS bin and copy the new .exe file there. (Make sure you backup the other one in case.) Then just close all those folders and click on your BV icon on the desktop. This allows you to play without the CD (which means no SecuROM!)

Skye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2007 November 28, 23:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, apparently I've been banned from the bbs. I can't get in there. I knew it was only a matter of time before they got attitude on me. Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with those two ninnies for however long. I had told this one simmer to come here to get the securom out. That must have done it.  I didn't even hint about how to cheat on any of it, just the info on the securom removal.

I have been trying to remove the securom bits, am having trouble finding the do not delete one, and the others too. I clicked regedit, and found the area, then clicked the find, and nothing came up.  I saw the securom still in there, though.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2007 November 29, 07:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boy im really glad kazsims got back in to the bbs because i dont think i could have coped with the stream of consciousness and the long run on sentences for another few paragraphs i was starting to get kind of seasick and dizzy because i couldnt remember wher my place was and im glad i didnt have to do anything about the request because i found it almost imcomprehensible. Phew.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Celestard
Racist Stalker
Retardo Lander

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: 2007 November 29, 13:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, apparently I've been banned from the bbs. I can't get in there. I knew it was only a matter of time before they got attitude on me. Oh well, at least I don't have to deal with those two ninnies for however long. I had told this one simmer to come here to get the securom out. That must have done it.  I didn't even hint about how to cheat on any of it, just the info on the securom removal.

I have been trying to remove the securom bits, am having trouble finding the do not delete one, and the others too. I clicked regedit, and found the area, then clicked the find, and nothing came up.  I saw the securom still in there, though.

skye, I don't think you're banned.  No one was able to get on the website.  It's been down a lot.  Wink

Proof MATY schticks are a LIE!
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
It doesn't have to be TRUE to be funny. All we need is to take some minor thing you said, blow it up out of context, multiply by over 9000, and voila, you have a schtick. Sims are all about caricature, after all.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2007 November 29, 15:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

boy im really glad kazsims got back in to the bbs because i dont think i could have coped with the stream of consciousness and the long run on sentences for another few paragraphs i was starting to get kind of seasick and dizzy because i couldnt remember wher my place was and im glad i didnt have to do anything about the request because i found it almost imcomprehensible. Phew.

* veilchen cracks up

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
tessieroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2007 November 29, 16:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the securom still in there, though.

Where did you see it? So you're not sure if you've removed it completely?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2007 November 29, 16:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* veilchen cracks up

Damn - coffee on the monitor.  now i'm going to have to clean this up because even if it's a sad statement about my day this was probably the funniest thing i've seen all morning don't ask really and then imagining veilchen laughing made it like more funny you know so now i have to clean this all up and i still have a bunch of stuff i have to do before lunch i mean besides being here and i realize that i'm running on a bit here but i thought you should know, k?

Hey, typing like that is harder than it looks at first glance.  I almost got lost in my own paragraph.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: 2007 November 29, 16:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is really hard to type BBS-style! Ages ago, witch and me had a thread where we were typing like that. It hurt my head in the end Cheesy I'll have to try to find that thread 'cos it was really funny! Do you remember it witch?

PS, it isn't fun to wipe coffee from your screen is it jolrei? Now you know how I feel when you keep making me laugh Tongue

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2007 November 29, 19:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool
Sorry?

Tribulatio proxima est
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2007 November 29, 20:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Notes on removal from Vista: running cmd as root like the first post no longer works. Instead, enter the following:

schtasks /sc Once /ST (current time + 1 minute) /TR cmd /TN cmd /IT

EDIT: Wait a minute, why did I get SecuROM 7.02 when the version on BV is apparently 7.20? And why did I even get it given that I haven't started the legit executable up?

NEVERMIND: It was apparently installed by GTA: San Andreas. The cmd command is still useful though.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 29, 20:48:40 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2007 November 29, 22:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Again,  On with the saga.  Have a new Vista machine en route,  no Sims goin' on that one darnit!    Set up the broken machine with the disabled USB's as a standalone just for Sims and ripping my music.  Sneakernet is a PITA,   but better safe than sorry.   Thanks to all you intrepid folks, for all the comfort and support.   No SecuRom.  Followed the instructions (once i understood them) and all is well.   Not that it probably matters at all now since the damage was already done to my USBs and that borked machine is going no more online. Thank goodness my hubby is all love and understanding!  The minute it looked like a mobo failure he said buy a new one,  and then when it wasn't he said buy a new system.  He is such a love.   That is my reward for not crabbing about his hunting trips.  Heh heh heh.   More Sim time for me, right?   My sympathies to all the kiddoes that will have (and have) problems and no money or support. K
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2007 November 30, 08:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is really hard to type BBS-style! Ages ago, witch and me had a thread where we were typing like that. It hurt my head in the end Cheesy I'll have to try to find that thread 'cos it was really funny! Do you remember it witch?

Yeah i remeber cos u wer mean 2 me and mad me cry

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2007 December 04, 18:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Wait a minute, why did I get SecuROM 7.02 when the version on BV is apparently 7.20? And why did I even get it given that I haven't started the legit executable up?

NEVERMIND: It was apparently installed by GTA: San Andreas. The cmd command is still useful though.
Yeah, I have 7.02 from NeverWinter Nights 2. It doesn't screw with my system like 7.20 does, so I'm letting it live. That and there isn't a crack for the current NWN2 patch.

Kikilove, Go ahead and install BV. Don't start it up. Go to the official site and apply the patch. Go to the link by tessiroo for the patched version of the crack (http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/sims2bonvoyage.shtml). Download it. Open up the compressed file and take the file named Sims2EP6.exe and follow just step 4.
4. To not get it again, you need to start loading from a no-CD crack. I recommend the Fairlight version from http://www.gamecopyworld.com/. Go to "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSBin" and change the name of the current Sims2EP6.exe to Sims2EP6.bak. Then place the crack in the same folder. Make a shortcut to this on your desktop, and run the game from this new shortcut.
I'll add the link to the patched .exe to the first post.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2007 December 04, 19:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey everyone! i am new here and i just found out about securom two days ago. Luckly i still dont have BV or H&M. I am planning to install BV this friday and i am really scared of securom since i am getting a brand new perfect desktop.So...can anyone please walk me through the process of installing BV and the patch and then replasing the exe. file. I am completely lost! Do i deletete the old exe file, when do i install the patch and how to actually get the no-cd thinng.
 Huh Huh Huh

Possibly time to redirect people back to the very top of the thread.  This provides a pretty good walkthrough/tutorial, courtesy of Zazazu, I believe.  With regard to the .exe file specifically,  Do NOT delete it.  Move it somewhere safe or rename it when you put in the no-cd .exe file.  You might need the original again if you need to patch or update something.

Tribulatio proxima est
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2007 December 04, 19:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm another quil question. So what if i put in the BV cd and the game loads by itself ( after i replaced the exe file)? will securom install? should i not use the cd at all?
* bare with me her- not too computer savy*

If you load the no-cd hack, no, you should not be using the CD at all.

Incidentally, you may wish to watch your spelling - "bear with me" is, I believe what you wish to say.  I don't think you know anyone here well enough yet to suggest that they "bare" with you.  Cheesy

Tribulatio proxima est
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2007 December 04, 20:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol OOPS!  Grin
So when i install BV traces of Securom still appear on the computer, right? Should i delete them...how? Or is it ok to leave them as long as they are not activated?
You are soooo much help!

Ah, well, this is where my own helplessness rears its ugly head.  I can not explain this better than Zazazu's tutorial starting on page 1 of this thread.  It will give you a step by step guide on how to eliminate secuROM and install your no-cd crack.  I would suggest there is not much point in doing all this if you are simply going to leave secuROM on your machine.

You may want to print the tutorial to better follow the steps.

Tribulatio proxima est
tessieroo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2007 December 04, 23:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kiki -

To completely remove all traces of SecuROM on your PC (as it may mess with other things, no one really knows) follow the instructions in the very first post on the first page of this thread. If you have problems, PM me & I'll walk you thru it. Did you download the patched version of the no-cd crack already? If so, you don't need to get the official patch from the offical site, it's already included in the new no-cd patch. Go back a couple pages here to see the instructions on WHERE to place the new no-cd .exe file. NO, do not delete the old one but back it up someplace safe on your PC.   Wink
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2007 December 04, 23:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch does not just change the exe. You still need the patch for changing other things like the objects.package file and such.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2007 December 05, 05:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if i actually leave it, but never activate it- will it affect the computer ( like lag, and disavled DvD..)
Kiki. You've never run BV from the CD, have you? Are you using the administrator (main) account on your computer? If you can answer yes to both questions, you do not have SecuRom on your computer. It only gets added on an administrator account after you've loaded the game using the default executable (not the crack we've linked to).

If you installed it under any account other than the administrator (like if you are using Mom & Dad's computer and they set up a restricted account for you) then yes, it does install without you ever running the game from the CD. Then you need to follow all the instructions in the first post.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: