More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:33:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  An odd want
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An odd want  (Read 11666 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
An odd want
« on: 2007 October 08, 01:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had to share this.  Note, knowledge sim.  Also note that the sim she wants to inherit money from is her husband, they have the typical 100/100 relationship and he is FAR from even aging to elder.  Never seen anything like it before!

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
Re: An odd want
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 08, 01:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I saw that want once, way back in the day when TS2 was first out. It kind of caught me off guard, too.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 08, 01:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you testing moarfight for Pes?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 08, 02:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.  I do have most of the DC, though.  I'm still puzzled as to why a knowledge sim wanted to inherit money.  It's something I'd expect a fortune sim to want - even though inheritances don't count as money earned.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 08, 02:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've seen that once or twice right after the Sim has died but before money has been dispersed. It was a while ago though.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
behold_the_muse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 08, 02:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed she's also afraid of him dying. Smiley "I'm scared of being a widow, but on the other hand..."
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 08, 02:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think she wants him to live to a ripe old age -- but not too old. She clearly wants to be young enough to enjoy the inheritance.

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 08, 06:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow never seen that one before.  The other day one of my popularity sims had a fear of seeing the social bunny, that was a new one to me.

I just wish some of these wants that you never see sprung up more often, especially the fears their ALWAYS the same.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 08, 06:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see the fear of the social bunny fairly regularly - especially with popularity teens with high outgoing levels.  I suspect its the wants and fears sanity mod that's making a lot of these odd wants actually appear now.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 08, 08:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the nature of the Sims: Getting rid of one stupid behavior invariably reveals the next stupid behavior that was hiding underneath. This will be looked into.

Also, death to all Nesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 12, 12:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims have had weird and somewhat inappropriate wants since re-installing Seasons. Knowledge sims with fortune-related wants (buy a sculpture costing X amount of simolians), for example. In the case of knowledge sims, I just have them earn a skillpoint and then reroll their wants via the lot debugger. After that, they're back to their knowledge-whoring ways. Cheesy

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Teren_rox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 12, 12:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol

They're married still that stupid want shows up.

This is madness! No, this is EAxis! - Sorry you guys suck a lot
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 12, 14:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims have had weird and somewhat inappropriate wants since re-installing Seasons. Knowledge sims with fortune-related wants (buy a sculpture costing X amount of simolians), for example. In the case of knowledge sims, I just have them earn a skillpoint and then reroll their wants via the lot debugger. After that, they're back to their knowledge-whoring ways. Cheesy
Have you tried wfsanity? It's helped me a lot. The only real wants annoyance I have now is with Knowledge sims on dates. Eventually one or both stop wanting any social interactions and only want skill points & skill objects.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 12, 14:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only real wants annoyance I have now is with Knowledge sims on dates. Eventually one or both stop wanting any social interactions and only want skill points & skill objects.

Which is just further proof that geeks have no social skills. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 12, 21:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that if a sim manages to "marry a rich sim", they seem to temporarily turn into a fortune sim and want heaps of stuff, regardless of their aspiration.  I've seen it with every aspiration, it passes after a while.

I've got another sim with the want to inherit money from her spouse, pretty much in the same circumstances.  I locked it, just because I could.  Will see what happens later.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 15, 17:17:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that she's a Knowledge Sim, maybe it's less about the money and more about the "let's find some wacky, sadistic new mode of death to study and wouldn't Robert make a great guinea pig" side of things. I notice she's also Fearing his death at the same time she's hoping to turn a profit on the body Wink

From her Fears I'm guessing she's either pregnant or has just given birth - maybe she's longing for some of that sweet "Cheat Death/Tongue Kiss Some Lightning" action from her younger days but feels it's slightly more responsible to have a non-pregnant proxy stand in for her. Or if Robert's just somehow pissed her off, maybe it's a Want-ish cousin of the "See Burglar's Ghost" murder fantasy, heh.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 17, 21:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never saw that Want, but maybe I don't play one family for long enough for its members to have enough money to be worth inheriting! 

However, I did notice that one of my Romance sims has the want to help her child with her homework - I've occasionally seen it with Popularity, but never before with Romance. 

I've also noticed that at Uni, since they get all these spring, summer, autumn, winter related wants, it's only very committed Knowledge sims who get the "Graduate Summa Cum Laude" want, and the other exam related wants seem to cease after they make the Dean's List once. Most of my uni sims now spend more time fishing or gardening than they do studying!

Another thing I've definitely noticed, which appears to be base game related, is that the "Buy a tree" wants have reappeared - not shrubs or plants, just trees!  I don't have any hacks to prevent this want, but it just seemed to disappear of its own accord, but now it's back.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 17, 23:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never saw that Want, but maybe I don't play one family for long enough for its members to have enough money to be worth inheriting! 

However, I did notice that one of my Romance sims has the want to help her child with her homework - I've occasionally seen it with Popularity, but never before with Romance. 

I've also noticed that at Uni, since they get all these spring, summer, autumn, winter related wants, it's only very committed Knowledge sims who get the "Graduate Summa Cum Laude" want, and the other exam related wants seem to cease after they make the Dean's List once. Most of my uni sims now spend more time fishing or gardening than they do studying!

Another thing I've definitely noticed, which appears to be base game related, is that the "Buy a tree" wants have reappeared - not shrubs or plants, just trees!  I don't have any hacks to prevent this want, but it just seemed to disappear of its own accord, but now it's back.
Hi  ZZ long time no see! the tree wants are in accordance with the fruit trees that came out with Seasons. As for want in general the Seasons EP and now Bon Voyage seem to have thrown the want trees way out of whack.

Personally I find the new wants somewhat refreshing as they intersperse with the old standard ones! Now if only EAxis would fix the nasty nannies .Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 18, 02:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Bangel!

The trees I mean are ordinary trees - the fruit tree wants are separate. and my fortune sims get both!  I don't know if satisfying the fruit tree want would satisfy the other at the same time, though.

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 18, 02:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, well, if it isn't ZZ. Long time no see. It's so very good to see you, I thought that for a while there, you'd given up on the sims. I know I disappear from time to time, maybe we just kept missing each other.

Mine roll the 'buy an orchard tree' too. Strangely enough, it's while they are on a community lot on vacation. The want re-rolls upon coming home, where buying an orchard tree would make more sense.
Ah the simmies and their silliness. I often find it extremely funny. And there you have it: it's a feature, not a bug. Smiley

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 18, 02:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi again.

The orchard tree want is normal for Seasons, they all get it in the spring, doesn't appear to be linked to aspiration.  The garden tree, however, does seem to be only fortune, and it has definitely been revived!  The one want I wish Maxis would bring back from the base game was the end-table want, after all you can always use another end-table, whereas you run out of space to put counters,,,,,,,,

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 18, 03:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi again.

The orchard tree want is normal for Seasons, they all get it in the spring, doesn't appear to be linked to aspiration.  The garden tree, however, does seem to be only fortune, and it has definitely been revived!  The one want I wish Maxis would bring back from the base game was the end-table want, after all you can always use another end-table, whereas you run out of space to put counters,,,,,,,,
The one want I am glad has not been revived from the base game is buying a flower bed,after all how many flowerbeds can conceivably be used witout a ridiculous looking sim yard showing up?

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 18, 03:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but it's a useful, cheap way of keeping a sim happy - and you can always forget to water some of them or overwater them, so some of them die - if you have a sim like Jennifer Burb, they will water them autonomously until they curl up and die......

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 18, 04:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to just stack the flower beds and trees, etc., on top of one another using the move objects cheat. That way the lawn didn't get all cluttered up. Same with furniture. Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 18, 09:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be my imagination... or the fact that I stupidly forgot to turn off the move objects cheat, but I could swear that the other day I was able to stack flower beds on top of each other.  Huh
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: