More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 09:15:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  An odd want
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An odd want  (Read 12048 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: An odd want
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 18, 10:11:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah you can. If you also use the snap objects to grid cheat you can put them anywhere to make a nice shaped flowerbed. You can even do it with shrubs and pool flora.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 18, 13:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They still don't look as good as the ones for Sims1 from Persimmon Grove, however!

I usually save a bit of space by sticking gnomes in the flowerbeds....doesn't stop them being stolen, though!  Mind you, I love it when they're in a locked garden and visiting sims act like they've swallowed a tiger as they try to get at them!

Zephyr Zodiac
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 22, 00:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims have had weird and somewhat inappropriate wants since re-installing Seasons. Knowledge sims with fortune-related wants (buy a sculpture costing X amount of simolians), for example. In the case of knowledge sims, I just have them earn a skillpoint and then reroll their wants via the lot debugger. After that, they're back to their knowledge-whoring ways. Cheesy
Have you tried wfsanity? It's helped me a lot. The only real wants annoyance I have now is with Knowledge sims on dates. Eventually one or both stop wanting any social interactions and only want skill points & skill objects.

I've been using wfsanity since its release. I think this has more to do with seasonal wants (romance in spring, knowledge in fall/autumn, etc). For example, all of my sims, regardless of aspiration, constantly want to learn skills in autumn, and constantly want to flirt, hug, etc in spring. Summer is the most annoying season, IMO, because all my sims want to do is useless activities like play catch or Marco Polo, or catch bugs in jars. I'm not sure what would make a knowledge sim suddenly have fortune-related wants, but this type of thing has been happening regularly since installing (and re-installing) Seasons. Non-human plantsims (meaning those that were spawned by existing plantsims, not 'humans' turned into plantsims by using spray) are the worst. It seems that, no matter which aspiration you give them, they have a hodge-podge of wants having to do with no aspiration in particular. Srsly, they're all schizophrenic.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 22, 00:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using wfsanity since its release. I think this has more to do with seasonal wants (romance in spring, knowledge in fall/autumn, etc). For example, all of my sims, regardless of aspiration, constantly want to learn skills in autumn, and constantly want to flirt, hug, etc in spring. Summer is the most annoying season, IMO, because all my sims want to do is useless activities like play catch or Marco Polo, or catch bugs in jars. I'm not sure what would make a knowledge sim suddenly have fortune-related wants, but this type of thing has been happening regularly since installing (and re-installing) Seasons. Non-human plantsims (meaning those that were spawned by existing plantsims, not 'humans' turned into plantsims by using spray) are the worst. It seems that, no matter which aspiration you give them, they have a hodge-podge of wants having to do with no aspiration in particular. Srsly, they're all schizophrenic.

I think I'd agree with you, except I never bother with plantsims.  Other than that, I'd say that if you want your students to get the wants for graduating summa cum laude etc., make sure they enter their final year in the Autumn!  Moving them into an existing house or dorm when they go to college may therefore not be a good idea, as the seasons would not be the same as if they lived in a new lot.  I found this problem out because I try to keep my seasons in balance with when the sim in question starts college, so whereas the first batch started in the game norm of summer/autumn, I chose with the next batch to use Paladin's weather controller to set their lot at the same season as the sims who were already there. 

Of course, the weather controller can be useful in respect of wants - change the season for ten sim minutes to Autumn, and no doubt your sims will roll some useful wants, lock those you like and return the lot to the season it should be.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: