More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:45:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  So...um...did my sim do a double major or something?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So...um...did my sim do a double major or something?  (Read 5381 times)
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
So...um...did my sim do a double major or something?
« on: 2007 October 07, 05:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this will not end up being something major that could destory my neighbourhood, so I'm hoping if anything, I'm catching it in the early stages.

I have a sim named Nicole who's LTW was to graduate 3 kids from college.  She's got 4 kids, 2 have completed it, 1 is still a teenager and hasn't started college and the youngest is a baby (so forget about him).  I had invited Nicole over to her daughter's house (1 of the graduates).  I set one of my hacks so I could control Nicole at the house and I realized she was Perma-Plat.  Made no sense to me considering she had not fulfilled her LTW.  I checked her memories and for the 2 kids who are graduates, it has 2 memories each of graduation.  I don't know why  Will this cause a major problem?

From Nicole's view: 1, 2
From Daughter's view: 1, 2

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: So...um...did my sim do a double major or something?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 07, 06:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is one of the long-standing Uni bug that EAxis never bothered to fix. In addition to their real Summa memory, Summa graduates get false Cum Laude memory the first time they move into the new house. The false memory spreads to every member of their family just like the real one, thus fulfilling parent's LTWs. Even if you remove false memories, the next time you move Summa graduates into the new house, they (and every member of their family) get spammed all over again.

You need to get syberspunk's No Graduation Memory Spam Fix. It prevents further creation of false memory spam, but it doesn't delete existing ones. You need to open character files of every member of family in SimPE and remove them manually. Major pain in the posterior.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 07, 06:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It actually doesn't appear to happen every time and I have no idea why it does at all, but I actually made an Undiscovered Shiny aimed at suppressing this. However, Fat Gwilly People never requested it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 07, 06:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It actually doesn't appear to happen every time and I have no idea why it does at all, but I actually made an Undiscovered Shiny aimed at suppressing this. However, Fat Gwilly People never requested it.

If it's compatible up to seasons, then I would gladly request it.  And is there a tutorial or something of the sort that will tell me how to edit the memories of my sims so I could get rid of the extra graduation memories?

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 07, 07:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Gwill even know it exists to be able to request it?  And will a request from a Ness suffice to get it released? Please?
Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 07, 07:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe SimPe can delete memories. Here's the link: http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml

Once again, I'm not sure if I am correct. Can someone more Awesome than me please clarify?

P.S since Fat Gwilly People has yet to requested the new shiny, can a Stupid F Wackaco please request it instead?

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 07, 07:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Gwill even know it exists to be able to request it?
I don't know. Ask Fat Gwilly People.

And will a request from a Ness suffice to get it released? Please?
No. If you want to earn a super-power, you have to show up in chat more. Death to all Nesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 07, 07:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One day I will.  But not yet.  Nice to know I'm missed, anyway.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 07, 09:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a rather useful bug at times, especially for birth control nazis like me; none of my sims are ever allowed more than two spawn.  But at the same time, I hate, hate, hate memory spam.

Old bearded Pescados: Release the damned shiny!
* Gwill jumps up and down like a circus monkey

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 07, 10:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go get it. Should stack with Syberspunk's version for additional protection, as I have no idea what spawns them.

PlickaPlicka
Blathering Buffoon

Bow before my invincible powers!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 07, 11:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this be put in the Uni DC?

Hush My Sweet Keyboard and Mouse, Everything Is Looking Up From Here.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 07, 16:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And is there a tutorial or something of the sort that will tell me how to edit the memories of my sims so I could get rid of the extra graduation memories?

Make a backup of your neighborhood. Open your hood in SimPE, select Neighborhood/Memory(NGBH) in Resource Tree window, and select Neighborhood/Memory in Resource List window. In Plugin View window, select the family in drop down box. Select the icon of Sim you want to modify and find and select the false memory in Memories panel, click remove and commit. Save the neighborhood.

Don't forget to hunt down every member of family. (parents, grandparents, siblings, spouses, children, grandchildren, cousins...) Often false memories have already been spread to other Sims by gossip. Use FFS Lot Debugger to clear up gossips.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 07, 17:01:06 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: