More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 13:15:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can I teleport townies into vacation destination?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can I teleport townies into vacation destination?  (Read 4048 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Can I teleport townies into vacation destination?
« on: 2007 October 06, 21:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to fill up a hotel with the townies "I" want instead of the game filling it up with the ugly crew. So,
if I send my sims on vacation can I teleport in townies, make them selectable, have them "reserve" a room and then make them unselectable again?
Will they stay?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can I teleport townies into vacation destination?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 07, 01:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 07, 03:14:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Lips sealed
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 08, 12:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't fill hotels with normal sims, but you can having them hanging around via teleporter. You can't teleport the natives back home reliably, though.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 08, 14:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I replace the fugly tourists with my own townies using Christianlov's teleporter mirror. First you find the 12 families of tourists, by the family names of Dawn, Wade, and such.  I then teleport my chosen townies into those families, and then kill off those original tourists. And next time when you go on vacation, the townies - now tourists - will come and check-in, all in their correct group. They will not go back to become your townies (unless you teleport them back into the townie family using the mirror, if you want). But I found they will visit local businesses, just as the previous tourists would.

Now you can decide if you want them to have family relationships. By the way, Maxis tourist families, even though carrying the same last name, are not related. So you can simply group townies into vacationing friends (with different last names), which was what I did. Or I think you can teleport a whole family using the same method, they should keep their familial relationships. I didn't try yet. But in the future, I may for those offspring families that I don't want to play any more.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 08, 14:12:37 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: