More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:53:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  (too many professors)x2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: (too many professors)x2  (Read 3850 times)
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

get a head of the competition...

View Profile
(too many professors)x2
« on: 2007 October 05, 08:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many months ago I asked everyone here to help me find a way to whittle the number of Uni professors in each neighborhood down to just four.  Apparently, for some %&#$ reason it's impossible to have less than two dozen of them, which sucks, but is a fact I (grudgingly) came to accept.

Now, for some reason that's way beyond my puny intellect, my game has decided to spawn a second batch of two dozen crappy-looking neighborhood-clogging professors.  This puts the number of professors in Mt. Awesomeville! at 48, and the number of other residents (including pets and townies) at 24.

First question... does anyone have any idea what may have caused the second batch of professors to spawn?  My best guess is that I mistakenly put a second copy of FrikaC's "Majors Made Easier" tool into my game, but I have no idea.  Has anyone seen and dealt with this before?

Second question... is there a quick, easy, painless, non-neighborhood-corrupting, non-gene-pool-corrupting way to eliminate the unmandatory professors?  Should I just load a bunch of them into a house, lift the house into the occupied houses bin, and send it to the trash can?  Should I have a professors-only cowplant party?  Is there a better way?

Why oh why didn't I take the red pill?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: (too many professors)x2
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 05, 12:58:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, deleting occupied lots is one of many guaranteed ways to eventually turn your hood into a BFBVFS. Look in The War Room here for Pescado's "Deleted 2" instructions, and follow them to get rid of the surplus professors.

And then make sure you have his antiredundancy hack in the game to hopefully stop this from happening in the future.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 06, 07:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Second question... is there a quick, easy, painless, non-neighborhood-corrupting, non-gene-pool-corrupting way to eliminate the unmandatory professors?  Should I just load a bunch of them into a house, lift the house into the occupied houses bin, and send it to the trash can?  Should I have a professors-only cowplant party?  Is there a better way?
Don't try to trash them from the sim or lot bin. This is incomplete and messy. Either Deleted 2 or Cowplant Party is usually the way to go, although killing them does not remove them from the game. At this stage in the lifecycle of the game, though, it is unlikely an additional 24 dead sims will make any difference, provided it doesn't become a habitual occurrence.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 06, 07:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a hack that stops sims from meeting professors, if you use that in conjunction with TJ's visitor controller it is if professors don't exist in the game. I don't know who made the hack, gonna have a search now, but you can pm me if you want me to send it to you.

[edit] Jeff also made the No meet professors hack-it is here

slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

get a head of the competition...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 08, 03:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the advice everybody!  Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bunch of professors to kill.

Why oh why didn't I take the red pill?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 08, 04:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the advice everybody!  Now if you'll excuse me, I have a bunch of professors to kill.

They said later that he was a quiet type, not the sort that would do that sort of thing.  You know, collected stamps.  Didn't really mix with the neighbours.  I think he worked for the post office...

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: