More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:36:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Resetting Vacation Neighborhoods?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Resetting Vacation Neighborhoods?  (Read 2701 times)
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
Resetting Vacation Neighborhoods?
« on: 2007 October 05, 00:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Asked about this at MTS2, but no one's picked it up even after a few hours, so I guess no one has an answer.  Here's hoping for better luck with you smart people.)

OK, really dumb question here. I tried researching, but nothing turned up (I'm so tired right now that I doubt I'm running the right keywords through Google anyway), so I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

So hooray, after countless stupid "failure to enumerate" errors, I finally got Bon Voyage working properly (Would you believe that I had to find a crack -- a working one; first time I tried, it didn't work -- to be able to play this damn game without problems now?  How stupid is that??). I booked a vacation for the first time, and once arriving, I noticed to my horror that my university neighborhood (my Sim State one, it appears) and the beach neighborhood (Twikki or whatever the hell it's called) have sort of...uh, "melted together". It's mostly the vacation paradise, but it's peppered with a few university houses/dorms (I know, I know -- wtf). Anyone happen to know the proper folder number for the university neighborhoods and the vacation neighborhoods so I can reset them using the ones from my C:/ drive?

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Resetting Vacation Neighborhoods?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 05, 06:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vacation and university neighborhoods do not work that way. Installing a subhood is a "merge" process which cannot be emulated easily by simply file-copying. Your neighborhood is basically a splode. Reload from backup.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 05, 06:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a great reply all written out and edited, but Pescado said it faster and more concisely than I did. But he missed one terribly important thing. I wanna see a screenshot of the melted hood please!

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 05, 13:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, fuck.  I was afraid of that.

I can take a printscreen of it, but it doesn't look that abnormal, really.  Just a sorority house in the middle of a street, the Sim State Tower in place of the bungalow penthouse, and my freshman class along with their dorm in place of the cheap hotel (along with a lot of weird light blue squares).

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 05, 14:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, fuck.  I was afraid of that.

I can take a printscreen of it, but it doesn't look that abnormal, really.  Just a sorority house in the middle of a street, the Sim State Tower in place of the bungalow penthouse, and my freshman class along with their dorm in place of the cheap hotel (along with a lot of weird light blue squares).

Is this playable?  Hell, I'd play it until it died just for the laughs.

When you loaded BV, did you leave all your playable hoods in, or did you copy them to desktop before installing?  Leaving them in might be what is causing your merge.  You might be interested in threads that outline how to optimally install a new EP, if you have not read those before.  Sorry don't have a link handy right now.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: