More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:40:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage inconsistently refusing to load!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage inconsistently refusing to load!  (Read 14971 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage inconsistently refusing to load!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 02, 04:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to add...  since being reminded of deleting groups cache (something I always forget), I'm finding that when BV gets in a snit about loading, deleting groups cache seems to ensure that it will actually load with the next attempt.  It's still a dance through task manager to kill the process first, but at least it appears to be only once.

Only twice so far, so not an exhaustive test just yet, but it does appear promising.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 02, 23:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ARRRGGHH!!!

new problem - I'm now getting an error message "please insert the original disc instead of a backup (1000).

Only problem is that it is the original disc.

I'm not normally one for no cd cracks and such, but this sodding game seems to be forcing my hand right now!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 03, 03:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not normally one for no cd cracks and such, but this sodding game seems to be forcing my hand right now!

Prior to BV, I always played with Daemon Tools and an image I made myself.  That didn't work this time, and then I even started getting the same error message with the disk in the drive, like you.  No-CD crack works for me.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 04, 21:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always had this problem, even with the Sims1.  No one has ever been able to explain the cause to me.  I have played on two entirely different comps with two different op sys'.  The only consistency seems to be the amount of time the game runs.  If I run the game for hours, it will fail to load next go-around.  Now that I have BV, I get the "insert original instead of copy" error.  I have the original.  I get around this by restarting windows every time I want to play.  Pain in the ass, but always works the first time.  I really do wish someone could explain the reason behind the problem, though.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 October 04, 23:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Restarting hasn't worked for me, but it's been random whether or not I'll be hit with the "insert original" message. My first assumption was that it was because I was connected to the internet at the time - for the first few times, unplugging the network cable 'fixed' it. The third time I hadn't played in days, and I usually turn my computer off at night, so it was definitely the first time running it since restarting. I got the message, unplugged the cable, and got the message again. Well, that was it, I'd ruled the internet connection not responsible, and I was fed up. I went and found a no-CD crack. Ran on the first attempt. And the second. No lag other than what I'd expect for a large lot with 10 sims, and a low end computer. I haven't yet had much chance to see if it will continue to run as smoothly, but it's looking good so far.

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 October 05, 03:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something worth noting, I think:

Since I started using a no CD .exe after killing SecuROM I haven't had this issue once. If you aren't opposed to no CD cracks, that is what I'd suggest.

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 05, 05:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be only coincidental that I no longer have the problem of refusing to load once I remove the stuff I've downloaded from the main site (the mustang download is one I remember offhand) ?

Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 October 05, 16:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be only coincidental that I no longer have the problem of refusing to load once I remove the stuff I've downloaded from the main site (the mustang download is one I remember offhand) ?

I read someone on the BBS complaining about that. The person said she only had that mustang and one other EAxis download and was having load problems. Of course, EAxian said "No, no, it's not our fault. You must have some kind of hack or something."
So it could be the mustang.

bubbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 October 06, 15:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the Mustang since it came out and didn't have a problem loading the game.  Does it now conflict with something in BV??
Since installing BV it loads about 75% of the time.  I have changed the icon to ignore the launcher and hope that works. 

I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 06, 17:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I started using a no CD .exe after killing SecuROM I haven't had this issue once. If you aren't opposed to no CD cracks, that is what I'd suggest.

This would seem to support the theory blaming SecuROM for failing to load.

lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 October 06, 18:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen a number of times as well. It's pretty random for me though and spans all Eps. The solution seems to be equally random. Sometimes it's groups.cache, sometimes I've had to go to the cd and use the exe, defrag, move the Sims 2 folder and start a new game... never the same thing twice in a row. CC, hacks or lack of said didn't seem to matter a bit.

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 October 06, 19:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would seem to support the theory blaming SecuROM for failing to load.

Yes, that's what I thought it must be. EAxis can deny deny deny all they want, but after a while enough people are going to come forward with issues like this and they'll have to do something or risk losing (all of) their customers.

mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 October 06, 21:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could be the cars.  EAxis has published that it has redone the cars and to redownload.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 06, 22:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had problems while loading completely clean games (with no sims 2 folder in my documents at all), so it can't have been the cars then.

I'm not convinced it was just SecuROM either; I have stripped it completely from my computer but still get the occational no-load.  With cracked EXE, CD image and Y.A.S.U it loaded every time, but the cracked exe made the game crash too often.  With just the image and Y.A.S.U it loads fine at least 75% of the time.
I'm still baffled, but I can live with it for now.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 06, 22:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but the cracked exe made the game crash too often. 

You just might've had a bad .exe. You could try one from a different site, it might work better.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: