More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:38:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Energy Decay and BV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Energy Decay and BV  (Read 46654 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Energy Decay and BV
« on: 2007 October 04, 21:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if I'm imagining things but I appear to be experiencing much faster energy decay with BV installed. Sims are sleeping through until 6am as normal but by 6pm some of their energy bars are well into orange and some verging on red. Pre-BV I wouldn't expect them to get tired until 10pm allowing them the evening to do things. I do have a couple of adventurer career rewards in the legacy lot but the increased energy decay also appears to affect sims in other rooms and outside. I'm wondering if it might be activity related as, oddly enough, sims that go to work seem to have a more normal energy decay rate.

ninefold
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Energy Decay and BV
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 04, 21:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that as well.  Makes vacations a real pain when all their needs decay so rapidly. 
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 05, 01:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Seasons installed, be sure to check which season it is (as Winter decays energy more rapidly). It's strange, but working always boosts the energy motive. I noticed that quite some time ago.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 05, 03:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course working boosts the energy motive. They're probably taking a nap at their desk.

I haven't noticed a significantly worse energy decay, but perhaps your sims need MOAR ACTIVE POINTS. No active points = useless sim. MOAR ACTIVE POINTS!!111

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 05, 03:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course working boosts the energy motive. They're probably taking a nap at their desk.

I haven't noticed a significantly worse energy decay, but perhaps your sims need MOAR ACTIVE POINTS. No active points = useless sim. MOAR ACTIVE POINTS!!111

eevilcat, he said the same thing to me when I brought it up in #grah one day. I still think their needs are dropping faster then before. Tongue

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 05, 03:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sims are just lazy fatasses. My proper sims never die by a mere 2200. Without the constraints of work, they'd be running on 28-hour days.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 05, 07:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was winter, but affected sims included the Pescado selfsim with an active of 8, my selfsim with an active of 7 and the current legacy heir with an active of 6. I think that something has increased energy decay as I wouldn't expect them to be collapsing on their feet until at least 10pm. As a general rule I send my sims to bed by midnight or 1am at the latest. The increased energy decay has definitely only started happening since BV and, in winter at least, the effect is very noticeable. Maybe EAxis screwed up the winter modifier for calculating the decay.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 05, 07:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've clearly implemented it wrong. I'm an active-10. Tongue Need MOAR ACTIVE. 10 or BUST! ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES!

I will continue watching for thus, but I haven't observed sims collapsing unusually early, mine tend to work just fine.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 05, 08:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed any energy decay change in BV, either, but I never play winter.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 05, 08:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed it tonight too. I have five playable Sims in a dorm in midwinter, and their energy is plummeting like crazy. Their active points range from 6 to 10.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 05, 14:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very odd.  I have the opposite going on.  Energy seems to decay normally in base and uni lots, but it decays very slowly in holiday lots.  This makes some sense, as I imagine the sims are nicely relaxed and having fun and just have more energy.  On the other hand, I suspect that the beds in the hotels (even the expensive ones) are crap, because they sleep forever to fill up the bar again once it's down. 

Mind you, that might be logic as well - I've been to a number of resorts/hotels that looked good on paper, but had really lousy amenities.

Tribulatio proxima est
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 05, 14:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, same here Jolrei. Eevilcat's post made me curious, so I checked it out. I too have a decline in energy decay in the vacation hoods, and normal decay on home/uni lots. So something appears to have been messed around with, we just seem to have different results.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 05, 15:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be worth mentioning that the particular home lot I was playing is also a home business. The usual ticket machine, pay lots of money to use our facilities sort of thing.

EDIT: The lot has now rolled round to spring and the energy decay is back to what I would expect. I still think that the decay rate in winter is suspiciously high. As a rough guide sims were reaching a tiredness level at 6pm in winter comparable to that at midnight in spring.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 05, 18:54:13 by eevilcat » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 06, 15:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of odd that energy decays faster in winter. Do people really get tired faster just because it's winter? In the past, I've found it was generally the opposite, that the cold and lack of sun are more invigorating, as I can think faster without overheating my brains.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 06, 16:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vacation Benefits can affect your motives so be sure to double check that. If you have SimPE working, check for the token. Fire Dance and Tai Chi may have certain effects on motives. The only global change I could find was that Sea Shells can affect the bladder motive.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 06, 17:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Seashells are particularly sadistic because the Prima Guide publishes the lie that they decrease bladder decay, when, in fact, they do the opposite. And with them, Brynne has an accident on a nearly hourly basis. Tongue

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 06, 17:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that the Hula and Slap Dance decay their energy like mad...enough so that I wish someone would make a mod to slow it.

I really love the idiocy of the Slap Dance though, so I make sure everyone in the hood ends up learning it, regardless if they've been on vacay or not, and have them do it at any moment they're not busy.

Anyway, my point...are your sims doing a lot of dancing? Because that could be it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 06, 17:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of odd that energy decays faster in winter. Do people really get tired faster just because it's winter? In the past, I've found it was generally the opposite, that the cold and lack of sun are more invigorating, as I can think faster without overheating my brains.
As long as I get enough light, winter is more invigorating for me, too. I tend to sleep deeper during the winter, and heat really saps my energy.

As for my sims, I haven't noticed any difference in non-winter decay. Can't speak for winter as Queen's Cove doesn't have winter.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 06, 18:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, light. IT BURNS!
* J. M. Pescado hiss at sun.

lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 06, 18:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's fall in the 'hood I'm playing now and I noticed the faster energy decay. I'm not making them do anything out of the ordinary. Nobody has been on vacation yet, so there are no silly dances sucking the green out of their bar. By 7pm everyone is in the yellow.

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 06, 18:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played another normal i.e. non-business home lot in winter and that was fine; energy decay was what I would expect. I'm wondering whether it being a home business had an impact on the energy decay or whether it was due to a couple of the sims going on vacation during the winter. My 'hood has all four seasons in the correct order.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 06, 21:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Seashells are particularly sadistic because the Prima Guide publishes the lie that they decrease bladder decay, when, in fact, they do the opposite. And with them, Brynne has an accident on a nearly hourly basis. Tongue

Yeah, and I'm pretty pissed off about it, too. Har, har, har.
* Brynne kicks the seashells
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 06, 21:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We all need to pool our resources and buy Brynne a bigger bladder. Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 06, 21:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't even read that without getting tongue-tied.  Lips sealed
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 06, 21:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean the seashell jewelery they can find on the beach, or do you mean the actual sea shells they find?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: