More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:55:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cleaning up Characters?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cleaning up Characters?  (Read 35116 times)
Deviancy
Asinine Airhead

Brownies are evil...

View Profile WWW
Re: Cleaning up Characters?
« Reply #75 on: 2007 October 12, 06:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so killing them is the fastest way to go without an issue then.  The reason I went with delete was because it was less time consuming than spawning rodneys death creator and just offing them that way.  Besides, the solution suggested would mean one would have to take the sims from the sims bin and put them back on a lot in order to access that menu, so it would be less time consuming just to kill them off right away then move them to the bin then move them back and delete them and then open simpe and play with numbers.

As for deleting default neighborhoods..

That shouldn't affect newly created ones, correct?

« Last Edit: 2007 October 12, 06:10:22 by Deviancy » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 October 12, 13:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, the alternative to killing or deleting them is to just turn them into townies.   I keep a small lot in a distant corner of every hood that only contains Inge's teleporter bush. Any sims I don't want to play (or new CAS townies I make) get put on that lot and turned into townies or downtownies. Keeps the character files from getting cluttered up with unnecessarily dead sims, and with notownieregen in place keeps the game from continuing to make its own fugly replacements for townies that do die, move in, whatever.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 October 12, 14:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, the alternative to killing or deleting them is to just turn them into townies.   I keep a small lot in a distant corner of every hood that only contains Inge's teleporter bush. Any sims I don't want to play (or new CAS townies I make) get put on that lot and turned into townies or downtownies. Keeps the character files from getting cluttered up with unnecessarily dead sims, and with notownieregen in place keeps the game from continuing to make its own fugly replacements for townies that do die, move in, whatever.

I do this with most of my "extra" spawn as well, since I don't care about time synchronization.  That way I keep the genetics I want and can re-insert them as playables through move-in or marriage if desirable.

@ Deviancy:  deleting the default neighbourhoods should not affect your ability to create custom 'hoods, except that, depending on what you delete, you might end up with a lack of default townies in your new 'hoods.  This is a good thing, in my view.  I generally leave the clean templates of the default 'hoods in, since I occasionally steal houses and lots (unoccupied, naturally) from the default 'hoods, if I'm too lazy to build, although I never play the defaults.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 October 12, 15:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I put my rejects downtown, usually in an aptly named home. That way if, 6 generations down, I don't remember that Randy was that cheating bastard my founder kicked out of the house and think about having a playable call him and make some moves, I see that he lives at the deadbeat house and cancel the call. I don't play downtown.

For best custom 'hood results with minimal work each time, use the clean templates and Jordi's Live.package (names, customizable using SimPE), plus default replacements to your heart's content. I've been switching out three sets of face replacements, but I'm working on a super-set with the method for adding new non-replacement defaults.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: