More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 01:23:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How can I duplicate Pleasantview?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How can I duplicate Pleasantview?  (Read 5935 times)
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
How can I duplicate Pleasantview?
« on: 2007 October 12, 06:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to make another Pleasantview.

I went to the Program Files > EA Games > The Sims 2 > TSData > Res > UserData > Neighborhoods, copied N001, pasted it to desktop, renamed it N004, cut it, pasted it in My Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Neighborhoods, then loaded up the game.

When I loaded it up, I didn't find the new Pleasantview OR the old Pleasantview! They were both gone!  Shocked Embarrassed

Anyway, I took out N004 and then Pleasantview (my original one) reappeared.

But uh...so, how do I duplicate the neighborhood?  Huh Sad
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: How can I duplicate Pleasantview?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 12, 06:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't just copy and rename the folder.  You have to rename every single file inside from N001 to N004 otherwise it won't work proper.  If you rename every file it'll make a proper duplicate, i did it once before.

Its quick if you got a mass renaming program.  I got one called Better File Rename, all i'd need to do is set it up to replace N001 with N004 hit done and it'd be finished in a few seconds.
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 12, 06:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't just copy and rename the folder.  You have to rename every single file inside from N001 to N004 otherwise it won't work proper.  If you rename every file it'll make a proper duplicate, i did it once before.

Its quick if you got a mass renaming program.  I got one called Better File Rename, all i'd need to do is set it up to replace N001 with N004 hit done and it'd be finished in a few seconds.
Oh...okay.

*gets rewriting*

I found this but I had no idea how to do the stuff in bold so I gave up.

Author:      AquariaJade - Rank: Overmodest Orator - View MySimPage      Profile
Date:     Oct-03-04 02:42 PM PST
Subject:     
Re: Resetting Pleasantview?

This is from NP99 forums:

By the way, if you want to play a neighborhood, but you don't want to mess up one of the original three, you CAN make a copy of a neighborhood.

To make a copy of Pleasantview, for example, copy everything in "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001" to "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004". (first unused neighborhood)

The files in a neighborhood directory have the neighborhood number in the filename so a rename the files will be necessary.

Open a command prompt window and change directory to "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004". The main N004 directory and all subdirectories (Characters, Thumbnails, and Lots) run the following DOS command from the command line to change the filenames.

ren N001* N004*

(Don't forget the asterisks or it won't work. Also, I am using XP/2000 so if you have Windows ME,98,95,3.1,3.0 or earlier, your mileage may vary because I can't remember whether the rename command works this way in those versions)

Start up the game. You will be able to click on the arrow to go to a second page of neighborhoods and your new neighborhood will be there and it will be called Pleasantview. Click on the name of the Neighborhood and enter a new name. Press ENTER to save the name. I had to go back to the original Pleasantview because the game does not allow duplicate names and rename it from Pleasantview0 to Pleasantview.

All your Sims will be intact, including relationships and family, they will not have their ages damaged or mucked with, and the new neighborhood will be indistinguishable from the original (until you play it). The sims are distinct and different, like with neighborhoods in Sims 1.

You can make as many copies of a neighborhood as you desire and never spoil the original one.

The "master copy" of the neighborhoods are stored in this directory:

Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods

N001 = Pleasantview
N002 = Strangetown
N003 = Veronaville

If you delete the corresponding directory from your My Documents directory and copy the one from the Program Files directory, you should restore the original neighborhood.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 12, 06:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's very easy to do.  But it should work if you make a .bat file to it.

Open notepad type
ren N001* N004*
Go to save as and save it as ren.bat drop it into the neighbourhood folder and double click it.  You may need to dump it under each subfolder of that neighbourhood and rerun it, not sure if it'll do subfolders normally.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 12, 06:56:50 by LFox » Logged
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 12, 07:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open notepad type
ren N001* N004*
Go to save as and save it as ren.bat drop it into the neighbourhood folder and double click it.  You may need to dump it under each subfolder of that neighbourhood and rerun it, not sure if it'll do subfolders normally.

Thank you so much!

w00t, two Pleasantviews!  Grin

You can lock the thread now mods  Wink I don't need any more answers
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 12, 07:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open notepad type
ren N001* N004*

Thank you so much!

w00t, two Pleasantviews!  Grin

You can lock the thread now mods  Wink I don't need any more answers

Glad you got it working, have fun.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: