More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 10:34:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Uninstalling BonVoyage, keeping the collections
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uninstalling BonVoyage, keeping the collections  (Read 5855 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Uninstalling BonVoyage, keeping the collections
« on: 2007 October 01, 21:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone,
I am one of those simmers that has had the same neighbourhood for 2 (or possibly 3) years now.  This is the first time ever I've thought of making this decision about a EP.

I'm really sick of Bon Voyage so I'm wanting to uninstall it. I'm just not enjoying the Expansion as a whole, though I think one of the main annoyances is the gestures.  Sloppyhousewife summed it up perfectly:
It goes "Gesture.../Bow" - *X out* - "Gesture.../Pound Chest" - *X out* - "Sing Sea Chanty" - *X out* - "Gesture.../Hang Loose" - *X out*. Rinse, repeat. No, thanks.

I was just wondering, is it possible to uninstall the expansion, but keep all the new items/collections?  I though I could just create a house, stick everything I want in it, upload it, then download it into a BV free game.  However, that has "all too easy" written all over it.

Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to achieve this?
« Last Edit: 2007 October 01, 21:49:15 by Tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Uninstalling BonVoyage, keeping the collections
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 01, 22:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, you can't have all the new stuff without the EP. If you do as you said, and just stick them in a house, they'll be gone if you manage to load it under an older version of the game.

And that's the real problem -- each new EP changes stuff in your game files, so just uninstalling may mean you can't even load your current hoods.  You'd have to drop back to a pre-BV backup.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 01, 22:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got my pre-BV backup ready, I've only played one house since getting the expansion so it doesn't bother me.

Damn, I really thought there would be a easy way to some extract those objects, I know its been done for the Lifestories objects. 

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 01, 23:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get the items if you clone base game objects and use the meshes and textures of the new objects.  That's the only way to handle it.  Clothing is the easy one, it's just a simple extraction.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 02, 16:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I generally like the added options in BV (walk-to, the stuff, grand piano, thatched roofs, etc.) much more than the holidays themselves.  I rarely send sims on holiday now that I've tested the holiday hoods to see what's what there (and assure myself that the game and hacks are working properly).  I find that I don't seem to have the load/lag problems reported by others, so I just leave it installed and don't play the vacations.  That also avoids the spread of gestures (although I'm personally not concerned about that right now).

Tribulatio proxima est
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 02, 21:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to keep the expansion objects without the expansion behaviours, can't you just run a neighbourhood without any holiday destinations?  If they can't go on holiday, they can't learn the bloody gestures and dances.  Also, if you have already added a vacation sub-hood to your favourite hood, can't you now delete it without having to have a second sub-hood of that type in your neighbourhood? 

If the worst has happened and they've already learned the gestures - I've not let many sims on holiday yet, haven't let ANY of them learn any gestures/dances and so haven't seen the problem - I quite get the idea that it's going to be incredibly ANNOYING to have them spread throughout a hood - roll on the suppression hack, I say - Where was I?  Oh yes, once the new SimPE is released, hopefully, you'll be able to remove the tag from your sims that says they have the skill and that should stomp the problem once and for all if you have a vacationless hood.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 02, 22:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can remove the skill/knowledge of the gestures and dances/sea shanty(or whatever it is called) with InSIM.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 02, 22:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if deleting the holiday hood will delete those extra townies completly though?
If someone could confirm..

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 02, 22:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made holiday hoods with no tourists and no locals so far, this is working for my storyline of JMP taking his elite zombie hunters to boot camp.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 02, 22:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seapup wonders why JMP would need zombie hunters when he has a bazillion KW plasma thrower thingy.
WORF
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 02, 22:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't you also use one of Numenor's creations. The base game starter or any game starter are supposed to let you play any configuration you want without sacrificing the content. Just a thought.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 02, 23:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seapup wonders why JMP would need zombie hunters when he has a bazillion KW plasma thrower thingy.

'Cos it's a story.

See sig.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 03, 00:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was a bad attempt at humor, and in no way meant to be critical of your story. Please accept my apologies if you took it any other way.
Great story BTW.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 03, 01:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worf, IIRC the base game starter doesn't allow you to use items from expansions above what you're running.  It also requires a different overall folder for every configuration.  It's a modder testing tool more than a style of play.

Tigerlilley, just nuking the vacation 'hoods will probably leave lots of digital garbage lying around, and you still have the problem of hunting down the gestures in everyone who knows them.  If you want to keep all of the BV goodies without the gesture epidemic, it might be wisest to roll back to your pre-BV backup, and just avoid attaching any vacation 'hoods 'till things are fixed.  You'll still have bits of BV glitchiness, you'll have to decide if these are worth the base-game features that tagged along.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 03, 01:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm that's probably the best move, thanks.
That way I can keep "Walk to" as well.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 03, 06:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could try the anti-vacation-actions hack. This should keep down the amount of silliness.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: