More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:53:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Walk to lot -> lot loads in build mode?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Walk to lot -> lot loads in build mode?!  (Read 3584 times)
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Walk to lot -> lot loads in build mode?!
« on: 2007 October 12, 18:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hohum. My first helpmeplz post here didn't go so well, seeing as that the error was clearly on the user end. This time I feel a little more confident that the issue is not (completely at least) the hamster brained user.

Having two sims on Twikkii Island, I made them walk to a community lot (The Spa one). They wandered off fine enough, but when the lot loaded it did so in build mode, leaving me no option but to exit without saving. Even the game itself told me this was a bad idea, so I'm more than a bit nervous about what digital limbo those two may be residing in now. Similarly, I followed supposedly working instructions on creating a secret lot in a new mountain hood, and when I attempted to save, the whole computer froze.

Am I looking at regular Bon Voyage madness here, or are there any fixes I should attempt to do? I already tried bribing the computer with the smell of black coffee, the most miraculous cure for random woes in existence!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Walk to lot -> lot loads in build mode?!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 12, 19:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a BV random bug, and you need to get yourself JM's Magic Wand, found in a hack directory near you.  IOW, if you don't know where to find all the hacks in a convenient directory, a search here would be prudent. A search here would be prudent in any case, if you want to avoid being poked with sharp, pointy sticks, since there are already a couple of threads right here in this very sub-forum about variations on this exact problem. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 12, 19:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you kindly for the prompt reply. I guess I'm a hamster brain after all, since I ventured to presume that with the full MATY BV hack set installed, I would be something like... safe. For BV given levels of safe, clearly.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 12, 19:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, there's no hack that can prevent that problem, because it's not a reproducible problem -- it's totally random.  And the Magic Wand is a very powerful tool, so it's only available separately and not part of the Directors Cut. Unless Pescado changed something, you should put it in your game, use it to fix the problem, save and exit, and take it out.  It shouldn't be left hanging around in your Downloads folder.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 13, 05:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It shouldn't be left hanging around in your Downloads folder.

What happens if you leave it in?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 13, 13:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, but when Pescado first released it he said it shouldn't be left in the game, and I haven't seen him say otherwise since.  He may have changed that now that it's in more public release.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 13, 15:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is no longer necessary to remove the Magic Wand from the game, as additional functions were added to it to make it more...magic. However, if you are VISITING a lot and it loads in build mode, then no family loaded, and since it's not the lot anyone is staying at, just exit without saving.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 13, 19:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool!  Into my game it goes.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 19, 05:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this issue as well, but since the walk-to didn't work when I was going from a hotel lot to any community lot, it may not be the exact bug, and the magic wand didn't do anything, either. I tried readjusting hacks, but to no avail. It's not terrible since I was able to get the taxi to work (the option wasn't coming up on the phone at first, but then it started to work). This is the error log I got - is it possible to tell which hack might be interfering? Otherwise, I guess I'll just use the taxi, because everything else is fine...

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: