More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:38:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  One Sim Crashing my Game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: One Sim Crashing my Game  (Read 5478 times)
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
One Sim Crashing my Game
« on: 2007 October 14, 17:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I've searched all over these forums and have yet to find a solution to the sudden problem that cropped up in my game. The spawn of the one the pleasant girls has just gone off to Uni. Now before I could get her to call -> go to college she transitioned automatically to an adult. So I de-aged her with the insim and brought her into the college hood with the "send sims to college" button in the college neighbourhood (cause I had to create one as one didn't already exist) When I stuck her on a lot she was an adult sim, still with her teen job. So I de-aged here again into a YA. Now she ended up with a blue face, still had the adult age bar and still had her job. I somehow got the YA age bar to show up (I forget how I manged that) but the carpool still came to get her for her job. Even after directing her to quit her job the carpool was still coming for her. Now she is in her Junior year I believe and every time shes on the lot it crashes. I've tried to move her to a different lot, same thing happened when she got back from class, game instantly crashes when she appears. I tried to summon her onto another lot, she crashes that lot too. She is wearing custom content, but not the mesh by HP thats been known to crash the game. She has custom hair and makeup but stuff I've been using forever.

Is there a way to tell if somehow her data got corrupted? Is there some way I can kill her? Every time I try to suicide her the game crashes cause it doesn't like her. I was going to delete her using the deleted II method, but she has family and apparently you aren't supposed to do that.

I really like my hood, I'm playing the 3 linked maxis hoods that I downloaded at Peasantry, and I've been playing it since BV came out. I've not deleted any sims from a house or the lot bin. I've not moved any into a new neighbourhood or moved any from another one into this one. As far as I can tell I've done none of the things that have been mentioned to be a VBT. Unless changing a sims age is now falling under that category.

I think I've added as much detail as I can think of. Is there a way to now save my hood from this sim or must I now restart and hope the same unforeseeable problem doesn't happen again?

Note: I did try playing in testing cheats mode and no errors cropped up before the whole game just crashed.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: One Sim Crashing my Game
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 14, 22:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you have SimPE you could try giving her a death token, ticking her I am dead and ghost buttons, giving her family 'she died' memories and moving her into the default family - but I'd backup the game before trying this because I'm only describing the reverse of how you get the 'dead' EA sims back (waits for the Necromancy is bad posts) but I've never done it in the dying rather than resurrecting direction.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 15, 15:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

De-aging people with Insim seems to often freeze the aging of the sim in question.  I speculate that if you then take such an age frozen sim, and move them to a Uni, this may cause problems (again, this is just educated speculation).

Anyway, what I would try is the following (which, as I imply above, may or may not work, but what do you have to lose anyway?) after backing up the neighbourhood, naturally:
1) Try to get your sim back to the main hood as either a full adult or a teen (you may need to age/de-age again using Insim)
2) Use the Insim "family tree" to remove from lot...as townie. (this will hopefully reset the sim to some semblance of "non-crashing")
3) Have someone "say goodbye" to the sim and let them leave the lot.
4) Use the "summoner" (Insim) to summon the sim back to a lot of your choosing (I would choose one where some of that sim's family lives).
5) Use the family tree again to add sim to household.
6) Age/de-age sim to teen as you did before (naturally if the sim is already a teen, this step is not necessary)
7) Subtract one or two days from the sim's life using the "temporal adjuster" - this usually has the effect of jump starting aging again for sims that are artificially aged up or down and may be stuck.
Cool Play the sim until 6:00pm and watch to see whether the age bar moves.  If it does, great.  You're back in business.
9) Make sure you have a uni to send the sim to.  If you have no uni, they won't have anywhere to go and when they hit birthday time, they'll just become adults again, leaving you back where you started from (I couldn't understand from your post whether you actually had a uni loaded when this problem first happened).
10) If the teen sim is operating normally, use the lot debugger to fix/nuke memories, gossip, garbage, etc. - may as well be safe.
11) have the sim call for scholarships and call college...go to university as normal.  Hopefully they will make the transition.

If this does not work at any point and your sim is simply unworkable (keeps causing crashes anyway and will not allow any of the above steps), Deleted 2 allows for deletion of sims with relationships - if you follow the steps correctly, it will essentially remove all the relationships, memories, etc. (as if that sim had never existed in the 'hood).  This is why it is considered the only really safe way to delete a sim completely.

I hope you get him/her back.

Tribulatio proxima est
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 15, 19:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

De-aging people with Insim seems to often freeze the aging of the sim in question.  I speculate that if you then take such an age frozen sim, and move them to a Uni, this may cause problems (again, this is just educated speculation).

The thing with her is that she was aging just fine, I had her half way through college before she started to crash my game every time she stepped foot on the lot. I don't think I would be able to get her on any lot long enough to do anything to try and fix the problem. After thinking about it, I installed the patch before she started crashing, so I'm wondering if somehow that screwed it up, since the patch says it will "remove" unneeded tour guides. I'm guessing that my hood now has a bunch of broken character files in it now, thats the only thing I can really see could be wrong. I suppose I could delete her using the tutorial, but if there happens to be messed up files in my game now thanks to the patch, it would be kind of pointless as my game is just going to explode anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, for now I'm just going to play another hood until I can figure out if I can save the other one or not.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 15, 20:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After thinking about it, I installed the patch before she started crashing, so I'm wondering if somehow that screwed it up, since the patch says it will "remove" unneeded tour guides. I'm guessing that my hood now has a bunch of broken character files in it now, thats the only thing I can really see could be wrong.

If you have not done so yet, download the antiredundancy.package hack.  This will stop the spawning of unnecessary tour guides, charlatans, and other NPCs (like useless numbers of nannies etc.) in your game.  This hack is recommended even if you are using the patch.

It could very well be that the delinking of tour guides, etc. has caused problems in your hood.  You may also want to try to recall whether you loaded any new CC or hacks just before the problems started (is your sim wearing anything that might have a bad clothing mesh, for example?)

Does the problem persist if you take out your downloads folder (run without CC or hacks - make sure you backup your hood before you do this so you can restore it later).

Tribulatio proxima est
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 16, 20:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I removed all my custom content from the folder, started up the game and played that sim. She came home from class, no crash. While she was still on the lot I saved and exited the game. Put all my stuff back into the download folder, fired up the game again, sent that sim off to class and she came home without it crashing. Now I noticed I could get her to call work and quit again. I think that problem was a conflict between JM's job fix hack and the inteen, so I got jordi's version. I quit her job and played the sim for awhile. Shes now in the last semester of college and the game hasn't crashed once. Still confused as to what might have been causing it to crash, but at least the problem seems to be fixed for now.

Is there a way now to see if the patch did indeed delete any of the tour guides in my game? I know when I go to prep sim for deletion there are a whole bunch of characters under a menu called "unlinked" are those just dead sims or broken sims?

thanks for the help so far jolrei, I really appreciate it.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 16, 21:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 16, 23:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way now to see if the patch did indeed delete any of the tour guides in my game? I know when I go to prep sim for deletion there are a whole bunch of characters under a menu called "unlinked" are those just dead sims or broken sims?

thanks for the help so far jolrei, I really appreciate it.

Taking only a moment here to once again enjoy the kitten killer macro...

I think if you have a bunch of unlinked characters, those are possibly the extra tour guides that the patch has broken for you.  This only removes them from view and from showing up on your lots.  On the other hand, unlinked characters are bad for the long-term health of your neighbourhood.  You probably want to Deleted 2 those to avoid trouble in the future.

Tribulatio proxima est
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 16, 23:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Taking only a moment here to once again enjoy the kitten killer macro...

I think if you have a bunch of unlinked characters, those are possibly the extra tour guides that the patch has broken for you.  This only removes them from view and from showing up on your lots.  On the other hand, unlinked characters are bad for the long-term health of your neighbourhood.  You probably want to Deleted 2 those to avoid trouble in the future.

I wonder if people search the forums for "inteen" just so they can use that picture.. hehe

Ok, I'll check out the unlinked characters and see whats going on with that. If they aren't just dead sims I'll make sure to delete them so my neighbourhood doesn't explode.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 17, 03:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also like the new one the FOJ has come up with:

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 17, 06:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd commend your efforts in saving this one little sim, but it really offends me. Obviously, the fact that your game was crashing whenever you tried to play this sim was a sign from the Oversoul that they must die. Now you've gone against the Oversoul's wishes. Your only salvation lies through Grilled Cheese Zombification---for you or the sim. I wish you luck.  Sad

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 17, 15:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously, the fact that your game was crashing whenever you tried to play this sim was a sign from the Oversoul that they must die. Now you've gone against the Oversoul's wishes. Your only salvation lies through Grilled Cheese Zombification

An excellent suggestion, which I will implement in my game as soon as I find a suitable test subject. 

As for the OP, it would appear that the Oversoul is acting in the normal manner and hath provided, yea, untold numbers of unlinked tour guides to usher her hood into an adventurous exploration of critical glitches.  Now only time will tell whether the 'hood itself is destined to become a BFBVFS, suitable for the Oversoul's marshmallow roasts.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 19, 01:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have her cook crepes suzettes, after removing all fire-alarms, telephones etc., and making sure your other sims are off-world - either at class or move them out first.  This should cause a blazing Pleasant (it did for Angela in one of my games) - or you can leave the phone and other sims in if you think one of the other sims can be deflected long enough to call for assistance!

However, I would first go through her character file in SimPe with a fine tooth-comb and root out all the anomalies you find.  And next time you want to age someone, do it in debug mode, not with Insim!  Whenever I've resurrected Michael Bachelor I always age him back down to adult, and rarely have any problems.

You need to make sure that your sim has all the correct uni memories, that things like the grade level stuff doesn't appear until after the first dean's list memory (that's what often causes problems with the Bright household, when you can't get their indicators to move no matter how many skillpoints they get, the grade level thingy is spawned before it should be) and also check all the stuff in the Uni section and make sure it's right for the level she's at (just copy the stuff from another sim at the same stage).

You will, of course, have to wait for SimPE ......

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: