More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 10, 06:26:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  You Want Drama?! Just Invite a Drama Professor ...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You Want Drama?! Just Invite a Drama Professor ...  (Read 9645 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
You Want Drama?! Just Invite a Drama Professor ...
« on: 2005 October 15, 04:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, tonight I was laughing so much I was crying.  This has to be the most hilarious situation ever in my game.  Bear with me, it's going to be a long one ...

It all started when I decided to send Sophie Miguel (zombie) on an outing.  The reason was so she could improve on her relationship with Mr Big, who she has 2 strikes for.  She's the only Sim he's even remotely interested in.  I knew that he liked formal wear and cologne, so I sent her to the dresser to get changed before she left and chose Ye Olde Shoppes or whatever it's called for the outing so she could buy some cologne.  She's stinking rich so she bought the maximum 10 bottles.

Out of the 7 people invited, four accepted the invitation - Mr Big, an old guy who on his own lot is in bed overdue for the Reaper (after woo-hooing with his wife), Don Lothario's daughter-in-law and Sophie's female Drama professor from her Uni days who she was best friends with. 

The outing started OK, but when Sophie went off to buy the cologne it dropped right down.  I therefore decided she could have a flirt or two with Mr Big to improve it (they were on 3 strikes now and almost friends).  As soon as she did so, the Professor appeared from nowhere and slapped the hell out of her.  Then I remembered that the Professor was 100/100 in love with her even when Sophie was only 0/0 with her.  To my amazement, she also slapped Mr Big, who she'd never even met up until then.  The outing ended on a bad note, so I got Sophie to invite Mr Big on a date, assuming that the Professor would no longer be bothered by it.  WRONG.  She slapped the hell out of Sophie again, then Mr Big.  Everytime Sophie interacted with Mr Big, the same thing happened.  She never managed a single interaction, it was always stopped by the slapping.  She couldn't even have a pillow fight.  The date meter dropped before my eyes until it was totally in the red.  Even trying to buy the professor off resulted in a slap.  Trying to get in her car and drive to another lot had the same effect.  I swear the Professor must have slapped both of them alternately at least a dozen times, maybe more.

I made the professor selectable and was amazed at what I saw.  She must have had 10 "Lost Sophie as Best Friend" memories and as many "Caught Sophie Cheating" ones, together with several of the same for Mr Big.  She also appeared to be totally in love with the other two members of the outing party, both of whom she'd never met before.  I teleported Sophie to her car and luckily she managed to get in.  When she left with Mr Big, the Professor was flinging herself into the arms of the grown-up Marsha Bruenig ...

With only about 1 1/2 minutes left to avoid a flaming bag of poo, drastic measures were needed.  I plonked one of LizzLove's woo-hoo beds on the edge of the 50's Diner lot and got Sophie into it with Mr Big.  One quick kiss and a woo-hoo later and the meter rose to "OK".  Mr Big unfortunately wasn't very impressed and immediately left the lot.  Sophie stayed to have a meal, at which point the lot was invaded by vampires, all piling in one after the other.  First to arrive was Miranda Goth, daughter of Mortimer & Bella, shortly followed by a former waiter and a former matchmaker.  Not long after they arrived, the Contessa turned-up.  Not content with four of her kind on the lot, she promptly converted a townie, so now there were five vamps blehing all over the place.

The former waiter seemed interested in Sophie and kept trying to engage her attention.  She picked on him mercilessly, making him cry over and over (some vampire).  Then when I clicked on him I saw the strikes, so got her to "Check Sim Out" and 2 bolts appeared.  Unfortunately, after being ventrilofarted, joy-buzzered and water-ballooned, he wasn't in the mood for any flirting.  He went to join his fellow-vamps and all five of them were sitting on the couches in the porch when 7am rolled-up.  Simultaneously, each of them stood up and performed their "Aagh! The Sun!" routine at once, as if they were on a stage.  By this time I was laughing so much I could hardly cope.

Sophie was almost stinky by this time so I popped a shower in the toilet and sent her to clean-up.  It took her five attempts to do so.  Four were quashed by Mrs CrumpleBottom and the fifth was ruined when a waitress decided to flush the toilet.  Enough was enough and I sent Sophie home.

Shortly after she got back, the Professor turned-up and kicked her dustbin over.  I sent Sophie outside to greet her, hoping for a fight.  I got one straightaway and it was the shortest fight I've ever seen.  Sophie being maxed-out in all skills and fully-fit soon made mincemeat of her opponent.

By then the Professor was also in love with Brandon Lillard (Sophie's live-in lover and father of her grown-up daughter - pre-NL so no strikes  unfortunately), purely as a result of him pushing her on the swing.  She attempted to fling herself into his arms but he wasn't having any so she fell flat on her backside on the grass.  Another guest had arrived by then, namely Jericho Pemberton (are you reading this, Brynne?!) and the Professor, being instantly in love with him, tried to fling herself into his arms instead.  Again, she landed on her posterior on the grass.  Undeterred, she tried to kiss Brandon passionately, but he preferred to sit on the swing so she turned her attentions to Jericho and tried to hug him romantically. For some reason Sophie didn't like it and slapped the Professor, gaining a memory of the Professor cheating (quite why when she had never been in love with her I don't know). 

Again undeterred, the Professor tried to make-out with Brandon, giving Sophie another cheating memory and getting the Professor slapped again.  Sophie didn't react towards Brandon at all, but went from 100/100 to -100/-100 and furious with him, even though he'd pushed the Prof away.  I retrieved the relationship with boolProp, but couldn't do anything to remove the furious (hoping I can do that in SimPE).

Brandon then started shoving and poking the Professor right at the edge of the swimming pool, making me desperate for a "Push Sim in Pool" interaction and appropriate animation.  Eventually, the Professor decided she'd had enough and went home, with Brandon chasing after her to shove her again.  At this point I came out so I could hopefully get rid of Sophie's furiousness towards Brandon.

This really was amazingly entertaining and were it not for the problem with Sims becoming furious with partners who reject love advances, I'd invite the Drama Profs to every outing.  I certainly will once the Romance Mod is ready. 
« Last Edit: 2005 October 15, 04:52:13 by Ancient Sim » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Re: You Want Drama?! Just Invite a Drama Professor ...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 15, 05:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I guess that's why they are "Drama" professors.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 15, 14:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's hilarious!  Was the professor doing this all on her own?

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 15, 14:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's hilarious!  Was the professor doing this all on her own?

Yes, totally on her own.  She was a member of the outing party, but I wasn't controlling her.  I only briefly made her selectable to try to find out what was going on in her head!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 15, 14:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What really made me laugh was her trying to jump into the other's arms and landing on the gound!  I haven't seen that happen yet!

It always seems like the male sims are jumping into the female's arms instead of the other way around in my game.  I wish one of them would drop the guy once!  (But the only ones I've seen do this are hubby and wife, so unless they get in a big fight or something, I probably won't ever see them do that.)

Pure T. Drama, for sure!  Thanks for the laugh!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 15, 14:56:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFLMAO This is hilarious! Grin All of my sims ready to go to uni will get a few drama classes form now on!.... Grin

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 15, 21:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was so funny! I was sorry when the post ended. You have to keep us up to date on this one!
You want to know something eerily coincidental? For everyone who doesn't know, and that would be everyone except AncientSim lol, Justin Goth-Bayfield  is a sim I sent to Ancient, and in her game he is Jericho Pemberton. In my game, Justin married (pre-NL), and recently divorced...dum de dum dum...a drama professor!
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 16, 03:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God I hope you have pics of this!!!! Cheesy

<insert witty comment here>
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 16, 06:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, just when I thought it was safe to go back in the game ...

After installing NL I got rid of Sim City State (it was full of bugs) and replaced it with Acadamie Le Tour.  I had 4 students waiting to go to Uni, including Kaylynn Langerak's daughter, Alytl Keen (father Abbit Keen, brother of Jolly Keen, the Sim mentioned in the first post who's in bed waiting to die ... for the record, their younger sister is Peachy Keen and their dead parents are Terry-Bli Keen and Fairly Keen).  Anyway ...

Alytl had been invited out on one of these "You met my friend and let him SNOG you on your first date, how about coming on an outing with me and if you let me snog you, maybe you'll get something out of it" outing thingies where the inviter goes all blue on the friendship panel, so she went off on that just before going to Uni.  She decided to go to Gothier Green Lawns to check that her parents had arrived safely, as she'd just sent them off there a few minutes previously.

Within minutes of arriving, the Contessa stalked onto the lot, went straight up to Alytl and bit her.  I could have stopped it, but as she's Knowledge and had the want to be a vampire, I let it go ahead.  Of course, the want to be vamped had disappeared and been replaced by "Buy Espresso for Sim" or something equally silly, so she got nothing out of it aspirationally.  She did seem to enjoy blehing at everybody, though.

On her return home she teleported in her downtownie teenage boyfriend so he could apply for the Orphaned Sims grant and I exited out of her lot.  I know I should have sent her to Uni from there so she would arrive in the dark, but I wanted to send all four in one batch.  BIG MISTAKE.

The taxi pulled-up and the first two out were Robert Broke's younger set of twins, Elizabeth & Edward.  Alytl was third out, but had to wait for her boyfriend Clyde to get out before I could get into buy mode to purchase a coffin.  All this time, her stats were falling rapidly and more or less everything was in the red.  Before I could even click on buy mode, poor Alytl was a pile of ashes between the dustbin and the mailbox.  The Reaper appeared and before I had the opportunity to get Clyde to click on him, Edward Broke had the dustpan out and was trying to sweep up Alytl.

"Don't sweep her up, you moron!" I called out, but he didn't listen and made for the trashcan.  I clicked off the action with him and clicked on the Reaper with Clyde.  Before he'd even made it to the Reaper, Edward had his dustpan out again.  Three times he tried to sweep up poor Alytl.  Luckily, Clyde managed to resurrect her, but for some reason her ashes stayed where they were.  Edward lost interest in them then and went to play pinball instead, although he did pop out quickly before bed to sweep her up.  I teleported Alytl upstairs and got her into her coffin, with most of her stats in the red again.

About 2.30 in the morning the following day, Edward was nowhere to be seen.  I then heard a creak and to my amazement he was just getting out of Alytl's coffin, fully refreshed.  The following evening, barely under halfway in energy, he tried to get in it again.  I had left her door unlocked in the hope someone would go in to look at her, but she's had to lock it now.  I can only assume that Edward (a Knowledge Sim) is desperate to be a vampire.  He does have a lightning bolt for Alytl (two when she's in the bath, which he seems to think means she's wearing her swimming costume, one of his passions) so you never know, she might feel inclined to give him a bite before he graduates.  She does have a permanent desire to bite someone.   Clyde is first choice of course - strangely enough, he was Family before he went to Uni, but changed to Knowledge en route.  Not sure why that happened (it's happened before), but as a result he now has a Family want for Alytl to be cured of vampirisim and a Knowledge fear that she will be.

Finally, I enrolled Edward's sister Elizabeth in Drama as it's the only degree suitable for her chosen career of Athletics, totally forgetting that she would come back from her first class with her professors madly in love with her ... I think that's back to the beginning time.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 16, 08:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha your sims have interesting sagas.

So it's the drama professors that get a little attached to their students eh?

I can relate all to well.  Started playing Pleasantville again..it was fresh..hadn't touched it since a reinstall prior to University.

Dustin, Dirk, Angela & Lilth all went to college together.  Dustin, Dirk, and Lilth were all drama majors.

Blah blah blah..they graduated...Dirk and Lilth married.

One sim day I noticed that Dirk needed another friend for a promotion.  I checked his friends panel and he seemed to have a decent relationship with this one professor..she was just a few point aways from becoming his friend. Invited her over, they became friends.

Then..she started dropping by every day, letting herself into the house..yes one of those annoying sims.  One day she attempted to jump into Dirk's arm..well not attempt..she did.. he accepted and of course got that stupid cheating memory.

I was like hmmm but sort of ignored it.  The next day Lilth and Dirk were upstairs conceiving their first child lol when in barges the professor.  She immediatly freaks out and a slapping fest ensues.   I make her selectable to see what the heck is going on and she is apparently in love with all her former students.  She's pissed at Lilth, but her relationship with Dirk didn't take that much of a hit.  She's furious though so I have them buy her off and  kick her out.

No..she still visits every day...and starts making attempts to get at Lilth...kissing..hugging...Lilth threw her on the ground a few times.  Once the baby is born she is over there everyday toting the baby around like it is her own.  When it came time for the baby to age into a toddler she of course invited herself over again.  As Lilth brought the baby to the cake the prof decides she is going to kiss Dirk right there in front of everybody.  Dirk accepts and yeah...they're divorced now lol
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 16, 11:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alytl bit of a mess all round, Ancient Sim.  Tongue

Love the keen family names. 'Lotta Trubble' was one of my favourite sims.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 16, 13:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can relate all to well. 

Thanks for your story!  I can just imagine how my Lilith would react to that with her maxed-out body points and full fitness.  She's the only one of the four left alive now - she has 2 or 3 days to go but she's so much fun I don't want to lose her.  I'd love for her to be a vampire, but there's not much chance without cheating.  She actually fancies the Count (one of her turn-ons is vampirism), but as she does with everyone she fancies, she rubbed him up the wrong way, then ended-up in a fight with him and making him an enemy. 

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 16, 21:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How creepy would it be if Atyl tried to sweep up her own ashes? It sounds like that was possible!
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 16, 23:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The taxi pulled-up and the first two out were Robert Broke's younger set of twins, Elizabeth & Edward.  Alytl was third out, but had to wait for her boyfriend Clyde to get out before I could get into buy mode to purchase a coffin.  All this time, her stats were falling rapidly and more or less everything was in the red.  Before I could even click on buy mode, poor Alytl was a pile of ashes between the dustbin and the mailbox.  The Reaper appeared and before I had the opportunity to get Clyde to click on him, Edward Broke had the dustpan out and was trying to sweep up Alytl.

"Don't sweep her up, you moron!" I called out, but he didn't listen and made for the trashcan.  I clicked off the action with him and clicked on the Reaper with Clyde.  Before he'd even made it to the Reaper, Edward had his dustpan out again.  Three times he tried to sweep up poor Alytl.  Luckily, Clyde managed to resurrect her, but for some reason her ashes stayed where they were.  Edward lost interest in them then and went to play pinball instead, although he did pop out quickly before bed to sweep her up.  I teleported Alytl upstairs and got her into her coffin, with most of her stats in the red again.

Eeeek!

Did you have the option to pick Free Will Off (I can't remember what gets greyed out during those semi-cut scene bits)? I let the sims have free will all the time except during the Headmaster Scenario, and when they're really getting on my nerves - your story sounds like one of those times. 

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 17, 00:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally sympathize AncientSim. Those damn drama professors are more trouble than their worth! I had one once at teh Tri Var Sorority house in Sim State. I was doing the legacy challenge and Heather, Brittany and my Legacy heir were all drama majors. Sophie, the heir, had a want to be friends with the professor. I invited him over and well, he just went completely insane trying to make out with all three girls. Thankfully I had the romance mod then and it didn't destroy the relationship between my heir and his intended. But I just found it odd that two seconds on the lot and the fool professor was in love with all the people there, some of which he didn't have any interaction with until he decided to kiss or hug them. Silly drama professors.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
lowlucious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 18, 16:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I noticed with the drama prof.essors is that whom ever they come into contact with they  get an automatic 100/100 relationship with pink and red hearts. I threw a party at Uni pre NL and I used Merola's mirror and the drama professor didn't have a relationship with some of the other students until she started up a conversation and boy did that cause a lot of problems even then.
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 18, 17:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to let the Stupid Cow Mascot just wander around my Greek house for kicks. Because I got sick of all the pranking and crying, I had my sims make friends with it.  Everyone was having a good old time until the cow activated Mass Flirting Mode.  I tried to tell it to leave honestly, but all I got was flirting, slapping, spraying sprinklers, flirting, whining about water, flirting, slapping, poking, soap in the fountain, more slapping and shoving.  In the end everyone pretty much hated each other and all previous love relationships were ruined.  Needless to say, the cow is now banned.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 18, 18:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That cow mascot annoys the crud out of me with it's stupid antics. However it's quite funny when the cheerleader shows up too, she'll get into a fight with the cow and usually beat the stuffing out of it. I had a couple of really funny screenshots of these fights before I reinstalled. Quite entertaining. Grin
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 18, 19:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know.  The Cow has its moments.  The Girly-Girl cheerleader with her miniscule attention span and little ba-da-boe-da-bop dance is a major candidate for a black eye.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 18, 19:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What an incredibly entertaining thread!  Thank you, thank you, thank you all!  I just love it when Sims take the lead -- I constantly fight the urge to micromanage so I can see this kind of stuff!

Phyllis

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 18, 20:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has been great, hasn't it?  Ancient Sim's 'Alytl had been invited out on one of these "You met my friend and let him SNOG you on your first date, how about coming on an outing with me and if you let me snog you, maybe you'll get something out of it" outing thingies where the inviter goes all blue on the friendship panel' is one of the best things I've ever read on this forum.  I mean, that's what they're really saying, isn't it? Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 18, 21:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean "your friend says you're easy, wanna go out with me?".  I'm starting to really like this feature.  Especially while I'm sans phonehack.  Imagine calling someone YOU know:

boop-boop-beep-boop, ring!
"This is Jerry"
"Hi, Jerry!  It's me Ann!  How are you?  Hang on let me call you right back!"

boop-boop-beep-boop, ring
"This is Jerry"
"Hi, Jerry!  It's me Ann again!  Did you see it's sunny out?  Hang on let me call you back!"

boop-boop-beep-boop, ring
"Jerry here, grrr!"
"Hi, Jerry!  It's me Ann again!  I just saw that movie Keymaster... Hang on let me call you back!"

boop-boop-beep-boop, ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: