More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:34:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No autonomous gestures - PLEASE!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No autonomous gestures - PLEASE!  (Read 8054 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
No autonomous gestures - PLEASE!
« on: 2007 September 29, 23:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can somebody, anybody, PLEASE make a hack for this that works!
I've only played Three Lakes and I can't take the way the chest pound is spreading through the
main hood.  Angry
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: No autonomous gestures - PLEASE!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 29, 23:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even get my sims to learn the gestures.  You have to wait for some sap to do it to your sim which doesn't seem to happen that often, the gestures really need to add to learning when YOUR sim performs it as well as having it done to them.

Even without ever managing to get the gestures learnt fully from the little i've seen of them it looks like it'd be insanely annoying.  Especially if it can spread that'd just be...ugh, annoying as hell.
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 29, 23:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just a mild annoyance. Wait until your entire 'hood is slap dancing autonomously.  Cheesy
julialenn
Blathering Buffoon

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 30, 00:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just a mild annoyance. Wait until your entire 'hood is slap dancing autonomously.  Cheesy

Isn't that what this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9586.0.html is for?
seapup
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 30, 01:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DOH! Yup you're right. I forgot I had taken the DC out to do some testing.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 30, 03:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LFox, I got tired of waiting for the last gesture, so I made a townie selectable and forced the issue.  Wink Once a Sim has it down, they can teach it to everyone else in the family.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 30, 04:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LFox, I got tired of waiting for the last gesture, so I made a townie selectable and forced the issue.  Wink Once a Sim has it down, they can teach it to everyone else in the family.

Ahh okay that sounds like a much easier way to do it.  I figured once they knew it properly it could be passed on.  Thanks for the help.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 30, 06:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda like the gestures, my sim gets up in the morning and on her way to the bathroom she does the chest pound thing. It's cute!

I can understand not wanting it to spread through the hood though, if any of my playable sims learn it without going to three lakes and getting the asp. points I will be slightly miffed. I have Pescado's hack in, so hopefully it won't happen. Wink

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 30, 10:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meanwhile, I'm so annoyed by all this autonomous vacation bullshit that I made a new neighborhood where no sim will be allowed to go on vacation before someone comes out with a hack that stomps the gestures and shanty madness completely.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 30, 17:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kinda like the gestures, my sim gets up in the morning and on her way to the bathroom she does the chest pound thing. It's cute!

I can understand not wanting it to spread through the hood though, if any of my playable sims learn it without going to three lakes and getting the asp. points I will be slightly miffed. I have Pescado's hack in, so hopefully it won't happen. Wink

Pescado's hack doesn't stop the sims that have been on vacation from doing the gestures in the main hood, thus spreading it to everyone. So I have sims, including townies, that have never been on vacation chest pounding. I could see if sims with a certain personality or in certain situations would chest pound, but for all of them to do it at any given moment of the day is just plain stupid.  Angry
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 30, 18:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Kathy at InSim as made a few non-autonomous hacks for Bon Voyage including no autonomous gestures  Smiley
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 30, 18:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one Kathy made needs a bit of fine tuning.  It does not work properly with all the gestures.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 30, 18:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hack only stops the gestures from one vacation area spreading to another vacation area (to avoid having all your Threelakers bowing or your Asians chilling out).  It does not stop any gesture spreading through your home hood or uni.

I started a bit of an experiment - I had one playable teach one townie the chest pound gesture.  I'm waiting to see how fast it spreads.  I know I heard an autonomous chest pound going on outside the field of vision when a playable was on a comm lot the other day, so it's definitely on the move.  Have not had anyone learn the slap dance yet, so I'm safe there for the moment.

Tribulatio proxima est
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 01, 11:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Pescado's antivacation hack in my game, but it does not stop tourist from trying the wrong gestures in different holiday locations, i. e. they bow on Twikkii island, chest pound in Takemizu village etc.
My impression is that it is only (or mainly) the tourists, who haven't learned these gestures yet (and therefore can not teach them to others). The hack seems to effectively stop the dances and the sea shanties though. So, I have a number of tourists looking foolish trying some local gestures they have not learned and that is okay with me. Other sims look at them, shrug and shake their heads. It makes sense.
Tai-Chi (even if only performed in Takemizu village) is getting a bit much. First none of the locals did Tai-Chi, but once it starts everyone does it all the time. It would be alright if they did not want to do it EVERYWHERE, blocking stairs and the access to rooms or objects.
Generally I believe that it has become a Maxis/EA tradition to add some good ideas/objects and then advertise them so much to the sims that they become a nuisance. Pillow fights, water balloon fights, children dancing on toes, musical instruments and the bubble blower (the last one I regret the most, because I have not found a hack yet that reduces the advertising of the bubble blower. Otherwise all my sims would have a water pipe in the house). Fine tuning is not their strength.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 01, 11:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Pescado's antivacation hack in my game, but it does not stop tourist from trying the wrong gestures in different holiday locations, i. e. they bow on Twikkii island, chest pound in Takemizu village etc.

That's why I want a hack that stops the madness completely. I first thought it would be funny having sims acting like idiot tourists, but it gets old very fast.

Smiley Kathy at InSim as made a few non-autonomous hacks for Bon Voyage including no autonomous gestures  Smiley

I know, but they don't work, neither with antivacationaction nor without. I really, really hope that Monique comes out with a gesture-related hack. I never had problems with one of her anti-autonomy hacks.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 01, 15:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I want a hack that stops the madness completely. I first thought it would be funny having sims acting like idiot tourists, but it gets old very fast.

Actually, it does not happen so often. My tourists travel from one location to the other (as I am taking my sims to them) and on the first day at a new location they sometimes try the gesture from the previous one (which they haven't learned properly). After some shrugs and confusion from other sims they most likely try the appropriate gesture for the location. They are still making fools out of themselves, but at least they are acting culturally correct.
With the combination of antivacationsactions and the antiprank hack they act quite sensibly most of the time with the exception of being a bit too obsessed with Tai-Chi.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 01, 16:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happens often enough in my game. But it's not the vacations lots I want the hack for, anyway. I hate the gesture / shanty spam in my home hood. It goes "Gesture.../Bow" - *X out* - "Gesture.../Pound Chest" - *X out* - "Sing Sea Chanty" - *X out* - "Gesture.../Hang Loose" - *X out*. Rinse, repeat. No, thanks.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: