More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 23:11:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4  (Read 129547 times)
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.3 beta 1.4A
« Reply #75 on: 2008 August 18, 03:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds good, I'll give it a try. Thanks for your reply and your work.

Sim Pirate
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 August 18, 19:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dDefinder, I've tried the new version 1.4A, whole lot of improvement in my game. I had to take out version 1.4 and use the prior version, but 1.4A is even better in my game. Still doing some testing though. Overhead lights still an issue on 2nd floors. Thanks for this new version.

Sim Pirate
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 August 19, 00:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this mod is close to perfect; I like how the darkness is now. However, the dawn/dusk light is a bit too yellow for my taste. Otherwise it's close to perfect.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2008 August 19, 16:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: Fixed a lot of strangeness with glass doors and archways. Lots of light changes which I attempted to balance. Computer lights are back but they may have its Maxis problem such as leaking though walls and floors for no reason. Which his why it was disabled in the first place but, now its fallout is reduced so it will only light in very close proximity  to the screen. Tv screen light bleed a bit more forward. and other many changes...

*2.3 Bata 1.5* AUG-18
--Changed how the overall global lighting is handled. (May resolve certain technical problems)
--Lights and windows edited for new light setting including intensity increase.
--Radiance now gradually loses light instead of instantly.
--Changes to the default lighting file. (Custom Lights support. May not appear correctly for every light)
--Removed expansion/stuff packs' default lighting overwrites which prevented RLS changes to those objects/windows/doors that were included.
--Dance Lights will now use correct color lighting instead of just purple.
--Increase brightness to sealed rooms.
--Increase indoor window spill during overcast.
--Adjusted TV and Computers light source.
--Adjusted dawn, dusk and Seasons.
--Fixed archways from using window diffusion.
--Fixed some missing object shadows on walls.
--Fixed incorrect door portal types. (Glass doors' used practical light as if they were archways vice versa and 2 tile arch casting as 1 tile arch)
--Fixed Brassier windows and doors that used a duplicated default setting in IKEA Stuff Pack which then overwritten the RLS ones.

Notice: Userstartup.cheat has been updated. You need to update Userstartup.cheat and The Sims 2 folder. (Check "How to update" in readme)

great to hear that its improved.

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.3 beta 1.5
« Reply #79 on: 2008 August 19, 22:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the update!
I don't know if people will agree with me, but I'd like the dawn/dusk to be more golden pink than yellow/orange. The yellow makes my houses seem like someone peed all over them (pardon me for being blunt Cheesy).

Btw, is there anyway I can change that myself?

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 August 20, 01:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dDefinder. Another update? WooHoo. Thanks. Will begin testing tomorrow.

Sim Pirate
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 August 20, 16:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone need to stamp OMGUS on my forehead; I saved the .zip file in the wrong location, rendering my update a non-update!  Roll Eyes
I have now updated, and I think the dusk is greatly improved. Dawn still needs some pink imho.

Otherwise it looks great.

Edit: I realized I was being overly picky about the indoor lighting.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 20, 16:46:00 by Crash » Logged

jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 August 21, 05:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok dDefinder this is an Awesome update. Haven't tested the community lots yet but everything else is soooo much better. Great Awesome job. Multiple thanks.

Sim Pirate
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 August 23, 15:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great update! I will check out the new changes later ingame and see how they looked.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 August 23, 17:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry it took so long, ive been on vacation
anyway; i tried to re-produce it by going onto a empty lot, building a pool and adding lights but i cant...so i think it only dose it in live mode
i do not have the shaders because i have seasons
and it dose it with the default pool textures to, not just painted on ones
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i236/fergiefan12/snapshot_f1be666b_95bc33af.jpg

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 August 23, 20:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played a little this morning after I installed the mod and changed the lines in my userstartup file. I liked how the lighting appeared and worked ingame.

There is one thing I am primarily concerned with. The sealed rooms (without windows, glass doors or archways) are still too dark to see the objects contained within during the daytime. I was aware that the lighting was adjusted to make those rooms a little brighter, but these rooms are not bright enough to distinguish the objects easily.

The other thing is the colors used for the dawn/dusk periods. I was surprised to see a nice golden hue added to the lighting for the fall. A really nice look to make that season feel more like Fall. But Winter didn't feel like Winter with the golden hue added to the lighting during the dawn/dusk periods. I think a light bluish-pink hue (with less or almost no golden hue) would make Winter look slightly bleak and more cold in the morning and in the evening.

Great updates once again. I look forward to the next update if this will be made again for AL.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: 2008 August 26, 13:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've right now enabled spectacular highlights for both indoors and outdoor. Something that Chesspieceface was working on after 2.2 RC1 was released and I've possibly fixed some of the over dark shadows that was a side-affect to this. The brightness outdoor maybe too much(wash out)? I've been increasing and decreasing it for every update. I guess I'm concerning too much on white objects and not other colors. Set evening to 2.2 color just tesing things out. brighten morning a bit some weirdness may happen indoors. TV and computers from exp/stuff packs are now affected by RLS.

Off:http://www.flickr.com/photos/26030695@N08/2799173883/

On:http://www.flickr.com/photos/26030695@N08/2799173195/

this is an early test release before AP as I still don't know how it may affect the new ceilings and mergeable doors?. you need to update userstartup.cheat once again and replace the files in the sims 2 folder.

@crash

open lighting.txt in the sims 2 folder
find morning or evening
below that look for sun light without the # before it
change the second set of numbers.

(variable)   (sunlight position)    (Color)        (intensity)
light sun      (-2.8, 1.3, 1)    (.9,.51,.00)       1.2
               (X, Y, Z)      (Red, Green, Blue)    float

if you still want to change it.

@Cockroach
I've seen then happen on vacation lots but not on any home ones. I think you might have to remake the pool. I'll be testing this more.

@Chaavik
If you talking about individual dawn/dusk it cant do that without affecting everything else. other wise I'll probably  have to balance it out with the other seasons but not everyone has Seasons.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 30, 13:53:46 by dDefinder » Logged

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 August 26, 13:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks dDefinder, I'll try it.

Also, I'll try to be brave enough to change that .txt file.

Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 August 26, 21:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

spectacular highlighting? omg wot? how dose one enable this? just by install it? thats amazing...
ossim

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2008 August 27, 21:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some weirdness with the light at Late night. (evening and night is fine)

in build mode:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5130/snapshot35be2cc335c06eahl9.jpg

not in build mode:
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/2983/snapshot35be2cc355c06eavz8.jpg
Maybe it's supposed to be like this, but I haven't noticed it before.

- This was before I installed AL.

-----
I don't claim to know anything about this, but:
AL weirdness (understandable) - lighting on objects below other objects on the wall (I assume placed with the new wall decoration feature) is wrong - the object I noticed was the shelf. Two white shelves - and the bottom one completely black (even though it was just as white as the one above). Just a heads up.

missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 August 28, 11:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's strange but somehow its not working right for me, cause in game the rooms are so dark, that to get it lighter I have to put a window on every part of the wall.  Also rooms that are inside a house, like the bathrooms in the Pleasant's home is totally blacked out.  Is that meant to happen?

If so, DO NOT USE THE RADIANCE SYSTEM with APARTMENT LIFE, as you cannot put extra Windows and I also found some apartments do not have windows in rooms.
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 August 30, 03:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dDefinder, In an earlier version, I think it was 1.4, the moonlight came in through the windows at night giving enough light so you can see in a dark room. 1.5 although improved in other areas could use a little more moonlight at night. I'm temporarily resolving this by placing some bright candles in every room. I've got all EPs up to OFB.

Sim Pirate
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.3 beta 1.6
« Reply #92 on: 2008 August 30, 14:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UPDATE!

*2.3 Bata 1.6* AUG-30
--Enabled specular highlights for UseShaders true and false
--Compatiable with Apartment Life.
--Increase sealed room ambient lighting.
--Changes to dawn and dusk.
--Changes to seasons.
--Decrease dawn light intensity to objects.
--Reduced Vanity light intensity.

Notice: Userstartup.cheat has been updated for 1.6. You need to update Userstartup.cheat and The Sims 2 folder this includes 1.5 users. (Check "How to update" in readme)

@Cockroach
its enabled by default.

@Crash
I couldn't reproduce the problem. Is only with that candle? you using useshaders false?

I don't know what shelf it is? the ones that came with OFB?

@missaaliyah
I've increase sealed room brightness more. have you checked your brightness? a single windows will usually light up the whole room. 

@jerryking
I'll look into this and see if i can find balance between the indoor and outdoor moonlight.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 August 30, 14:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Crash
I couldn't reproduce the problem. Is only with that candle? you using useshaders false?

I don't know what shelf it is? the ones that came with OFB?
I am not using useshaders false. And I tried with other lights aswell, not just that one. Could my tampering with the lightning.txt have done that?

The shelf came with AL. Sorry I don't have a pic for you.

It will take some time before I will test this new update, I have currently uninstalled the mod. I must say, you're doing a great job though!

jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 August 31, 09:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dDefinder, With all EPs up to OFB, did a quick test on a couple of my lots before I went to bed. , it looks like the moonlight is coming in enough at night to see in the rooms with the lights out, and with the out door lights on it lets in a little more light. Still keeping the candles lit just in case of a power failure in the neighborhood. Lol. I'll be doing some more testing and let you know whats up. Great up date. Thanks so much.

Sim Pirate
vittek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 August 31, 20:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just chiming in to say how awesome your work is. Since the update I havent run into any serious problems. Especially the dark rooms are now much much better.
Keep up the good work!
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 September 01, 07:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dDefinder, I've done some more testing and the lights are great. Lights in the houses are brighter. The sunlight comes in the windows with no glare. The moonlight comes in the darkened rooms at night. I've replaced some of my community lot lights with custom lights and they seem to be working fine on second stories. It seems my custome lights work better than most of the maxis lights. Your almost at perfiection with the lights, but I'm very pleased with 2.3 beta 1.6. Thanks again.

Sim Pirate
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 September 01, 16:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UPDATE!

*2.3 Bata 1.6* AUG-30
--Enabled specular highlights for UseShaders true and false
--Compatiable with Apartment Life.
--Increase sealed room ambient lighting.
--Changes to dawn and dusk.
--Changes to seasons.
--Decrease dawn light intensity to objects.
--Reduced Vanity light intensity.

Notice: Userstartup.cheat has been updated for 1.6. You need to update Userstartup.cheat and The Sims 2 folder this includes 1.5 users. (Check "How to update" in readme)

@missaaliyah
I've increase sealed room brightness more. have you checked your brightness? a single windows will usually light up the whole room. 

Thank you, I will certainly do this one for Apartment Life, I uninstalled it before Apartment Life, because I was worried that we couldnt edit the building.  By enabling build mode while sims are in residence, could make the apartment system break.  And the lot be inhabitable.

Can I suggest before anyone moves a sim into certain lots, go in change the lot to residential, exit the lot, re-enter the lot, add windows to rooms, that have no windows, change lot to apartment and then exit the lot.  The lot is now ready to move into for apartments.

CHEATS TO USE:
boolprop aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled false                   "Enable Buy/Build Apartment"
boolprop aptSubLotSpecificToolsDisabled true                   "Disable Buy/Build Apartment"
changelotzoning apartmentbase                                      "change lot type to Apartment"
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 September 10, 00:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have installed the mod in AL, and I am very pleased with the lighting. However I have encountered a problem regarding the new
wall hanging feature in AL.

As you can see, when I hang paintings and shelves at their normal height or higher, they are as bright as they should be, but if I hang them even the tiniest little bit lower than their 'normal' height, they become dimmed with this mod. See image for reference:

If there is a way to fix this, I would be thrilled. As it is atm I can't use the wall hanging feature and this mod at the same time.

Edit: also, I have noticed that there isn't any light on the closet 'doors' - they are completely dimmed. I have to put a light inside the closet to make the door light up. The issue with the wall hanging feature is the one thing that really is bugging me though; I have uninstalled this mod for now for that reason. I really miss this mod though, so I hope someone will have time to fix this sooner or later (if it can be fixed).

« Last Edit: 2008 September 13, 16:46:25 by Crash » Logged

dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 September 14, 06:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Crash
I've tried to fix this after many attempts and its not working out. It will work for some rooms but its uncertain why.

I've then tried this with the default lighting and I've noticed that it will slightly fade in the same spot but it was barely noticeable.

This also goes for closets in closed rooms as the default lighting is very bright which most likely hidden most of the flaws. This is maybe related to wall and ceiling lights losing practical lighting but it was not noticeable with the default lighting.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: