More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:59:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4  (Read 128688 times)
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4
« on: 2007 September 28, 03:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2.4 APL-29
-Added optional files. 2 types of unlit room darknesses and a balance to all lights
-removed indoor sunlight color saturation.
-Increased unlit room brightness at night
-Decreased orb lights and few table lamps diffusive Strength
-Changed two street light colors from yellow to white
-Adjusted Sims and object overall light strength
-Adjusted seasons, morning, and evening
-Adjusted winter, Spring, and Fall indoor portal spill to match better with summer
-Adjusted cloudy day, will now resemble winter as but a bit darker and grey
-Fixed street lamp from M and G from casting a very weak light, again

--------------------------------------------------------
Description
--------------------------------------------------------
This is all based on Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.1 and 2.2 RC1 made compatible for all expansion packs including Stuff packs. All credit belongs to Gunmod. You do not need 2.1 or 2.2 to install.

General Changes in 2.2 RC1
>Compatibility for all EP's and SP's
>Specular highlights for indoors and with usershaders on.
>Fixes to errors found on certain objects and lamps in base game.
>Corrected Dance and Neon lights and color.
>Adjustments to Day, night, Seasons and weather.
>Adjustments to dawn and dusk.
>Adjustments to Archways and Glass doors to make them cast more correctly.
>Adjustments to all light objects and windows.
>Adjustments to Userstartup.cheat
>Increase all light brightness and fallout range.
>Increase Doors and windows fallout range.

Installing automatically:

To install automatically use
SCRIPTORIUM by Numenor:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=192613
It will install most necessary files including userstartup.cheat you do not need to follow the Manual install instuctions. For updating check 'how to update' in readme
(Thanks To Numenor)

note: This is does not contain the RLS-Shaders should only be used with NL and up.

Manual Install
To install manually follow the instructions that is found in the readme file. It requires that you change and place files correctly as instructed.

Recommended downloads
to be used along side Radiance

Smarter Lights: "automatically turn the light on and off, depending of the type of the lot, the time of the day and what the sims are doing."
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=188024

Courtesy Lights:
"The Courtesy Lights will automatically lit up whenever the room is dark, when the standard lamps are off during nighttime, or in windowless rooms."
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=305228

Weather Atmosphere: "buy able "sky", it projects new clouds in the atmosphere"
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=187229

* BACKUP Maxis lighting.zip (263.14 KB - downloaded 1258 times.)
* Gunmod's_Radiance_Light_System_2_4.zip (338.88 KB - downloaded 2100 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 April 29, 14:02:13 by dDefinder » Logged

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System for Seasons + half BV
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 30, 01:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean the Lightning Mod by SpookyMuffin?

Anyway, great timing Wink
I was just thinking if I should risk installing an old version.
WORF
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 30, 20:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could also be the Seasons lighting mod by Hysterical Paroxysm

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=223605
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 01, 04:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question about HP's lighting mod: If BV is my most recent expansion, will I need to put Lighting.txt in the BV directory or should it still go in the Seasons directory, since it mods the Season lights?

spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 01, 07:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question about HP's lighting mod: If BV is my most recent expansion, will I need to put Lighting.txt in the BV directory or should it still go in the Seasons directory, since it mods the Season lights?

Should still go in your seasons directory, as any lighting files in BV are going to be for the vacation lots.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 04, 13:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could also be the Seasons lighting mod by Hysterical Paroxysm

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=223605

Thanks that was the one!

I like that this is updated for Seasons and partly for BV, however, the lights don't have the same brightness levels as Gunmod's 2.2, a few of the lights are too bright, most of them are not bright enough.
Also, in one house I played, it always looked as if the sun was shining going by the inside, even if it was raining and thundering outside. Another house, looked dreary, without enough light.

What I do like is the darkness of night, and the additional dawn/dusk changes. I also like that this doesn't include the pool effects.

thanks, I'll attempt to see if I can get those problems fix. The object brightness I still don't understand how to properly do that.

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System for Seasons and half BV v01
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 03, 07:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

update concerning Overcast weather lighting.

simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System for Seasons and half BV v01
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 04, 03:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a bit of a problem. After downloading this, I tried building a house & noticed that even in the daytime, no light came through the windows & everything was pitch black. Before I installed it, I made a backup copy of all the files necessary, and when I noticed the problem, I just had the old files overwrite these ones. I'm still having the window problem though. Granted, now that it's back to the Maxis original lighting, it's not pitch black, but it's still pretty dark. Anyone know what I might have done wrong and/or how to fix it?
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System for Seasons and half BV v01a
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 04, 11:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a bit of a problem. After downloading this, I tried building a house & noticed that even in the daytime, no light came through the windows & everything was pitch black. Before I installed it, I made a backup copy of all the files necessary, and when I noticed the problem, I just had the old files overwrite these ones. I'm still having the window problem though. Granted, now that it's back to the Maxis original lighting, it's not pitch black, but it's still pretty dark. Anyone know what I might have done wrong and/or how to fix it?

I've forgotten to add the light system for the original Sims 2 that made it work in the first place. It's been updated.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 04, 12:01:26 by dDefinder » Logged

simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 04, 19:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I officially feel like an idiot now. Back when my game was lagging, my fiance set all the settings to low, and I forgot to change the lights back to high. Although, I still don't remember not having any light come through the windows when it was set to low. Anyone know if that's normal or not?
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 05, 02:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Certain windows will not have lighting cast when lighting setting is on low with this mod.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 05, 02:38:18 by dDefinder » Logged

simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 05, 19:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, but what about w/o the mod? I reinstalled all the original lighting files & still didn't see any light through the windows on low. I've changed it back to high now, so it's not a problem anymore, I'm just curious.
FuzzySham
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 09, 18:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrmm... When a sim takes a pic in the photo booth, it's very dark... Silhouette-like.
How could this be fixed?  Huh
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 11, 09:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrmm... When a sim takes a pic in the photo booth, it's very dark... Silhouette-like.
How could this be fixed?  Huh

I'll try to find a way to fix that.

I'm also not sure if this first accrued during the first time I moved the code with seasons installed or after I installed BV and the update. The file that controls the photoboothing lighting is untouched and probably Season/BV can't recognize it.

@simaddict
I don't know. I think that all Maxis windows do have lighting cast though them. Did you remove any extra files that came with the mod? Like the ones in The Sims 2 folder.

dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System for Seasons, BV and FT v02
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 28, 15:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update for Freetime and for non-seasons user.

cleaner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 03, 14:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for continuing on such a nice mod. I have a question though: Is it possible to use the mod without overwriting any of the season lightning? I'm not sure if the mod by Hysterical Paroxysm is included or if we can add it to our liking and if we don't want it, can just not install it. So what I basically would want for my game is the improved lighting, but also the original seasons lighting.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 27, 18:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you extract all the folders in the zip to their respective game folders.  Each EP added new lights and lighting, so there are modifications for each one beyond the base game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zirconia Wolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 01, 16:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since this is a continuation of GunMod's 2.2 mod, do I need to install the userstartup cheat file that 2.2 originally came with to get this "updated" version to work properly?

-ZW
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 04, 06:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was also wondering, why some files take only 1 bit from the original size(which is ALOT bigger)? stupid question, but anyways.

Those files are now linked to the new lighting system files that are in the The Sims 2 dictionary

Since this is a continuation of GunMod's 2.2 mod, do I need to install the userstartup cheat file that 2.2 originally came with to get this "updated" version to work properly?

-ZW

It's not needed at all.

dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System for Seasons, BV and FT v04a
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 12, 19:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update
*Now all EP and SP lights, windows and doors will now cast correct lighting effects/colors and will cast on Sims, objects and walls as Gunmod intended
*Photo booth will no longer leave black silhouette photos.
*Added option to use default Maxis Season lighting color.

Edit: v04a *Added userStartup.cheat file that will enable bumpmapping indoors and add other effects.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 13, 07:47:10 by dDefinder » Logged

dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 21, 09:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The RL-Shader.package is used for the pool reflections that's included in 2.2 RC1. It shouldn't be used if you have Seasons but if you don't its ok to keep it there.

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 22, 15:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OKay, I dontk now if its because my monitor (not my computer, my computer is brandnew, but the monitor is oooolllddd) is an old piece of poop, or if this is what it was intended for.

But I like to be able to see my objects etc when there is alight on, issue im having is with the lights which resemble old style castle lights (think they came with nightlife?) they have candles on them, but when I place them down, they dont light up the room at all, well the one on the ground slightly lights up the wall behind it, but not enough to see anything at all.

Its very dark and hard to see anything in the game unless i put a lot of lights in a room, its like the ceiling light doesnt light up the entire room, its just a circle of light and then the rest is pitch black. Any reason for this? or was this intended?

I was just noticing the same problem. Only the wall light up behind many lights, and ceiling chandeliers are useless. Something to do with candles? What files do I change to fix this?
« Last Edit: 2008 May 22, 16:31:14 by Kazzandra » Logged
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System for Seasons, BV and FT v05
« Reply #22 on: 2008 May 23, 15:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UPDATE:
v05
-Added Stuff Packs: Family Fun, Celebration, Glamour Life, HM Fashion, Kichen&Bath, Teen
-EP and SP lights will use RLS instead of Maxis configuration.
-Fixed missing lights that cast only on objects.
-Tweaked overall object light brightness.(needs feedback)
-Changed Maxis light setting, if an object uses these old settings it will use the tweaked light settings instead.(testing)
-Removed redundant coding and Non Seasons User folder(not needed).

@Rubyelf

The object was from Seasons and I've forgotten to added those lights to be used with Radiance and so things will not light up at all, its now been updated.  The darkness with the light are what gunmod intended but I'm going to be giving them a bit more brightness to them and changing the distance they travel. Also candle lights are ment to be not so bright.

@Kazzandra

Is this with only the ones with candles and all chandeliers? I've just updated see if that will fix the problem. Changing the mod will require that you also change different parts and that you have to keep them all balance with what each part changes.

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System for Seasons, BV and FT v05
« Reply #23 on: 2008 May 23, 15:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll test today and get back to ya' as to whether the chandeliers look any better.
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System for Seasons, BV and FT v06
« Reply #24 on: 2008 May 24, 19:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:UPDATE:
*v06*
--Increased light brightness and adjusted falloff range for weaker lights.
--Fixed some EP and SP related lighting issues such as street lights that can cast from 50 yards, improper color, and wrong light settings.
--Removed HM extra files.
--Changes in Read-me

@Rubyelf

Those were miss placed files and should be removed. thanks.

Since I've updated it, the lights with weaker light strength have been increased including other light types. 

I didn't know that there was a sun light until  I've found it in the garden category in build mode I got it confused with the other light that looks like it but green. Those lights have also been adjusted. 

I don't really know why your certain CC light doesn't work. I have not experienced a problem CC's lights but it could be that it was cloned from a object that Maxis had broken like a table light from OFB

Thanks for the feedback Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: