More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:43:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.4  (Read 129612 times)
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.3 beta 1.4
« Reply #50 on: 2008 July 06, 09:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

updated: 1.4
2.3 Beta 1.4 JULY-06
--EA Store's new light objects now under RLS control
--Adjusted fire and neon lights
--Minor changes to dawn
--Adjustments to night and indoor to outdoor window fallout
--Changes to fallout ranges for lights and windows.
--Fixed default CAS shadow problems on Sims faces
--Fixed day and not not Transitioning correctly for BV lots.
--Change sun places to near original positions to preserve constancy with overcast, dawn and dusk.
--backup zip files have been updated for its OFB and teen stuff to use the maxis default lighting and not an old version of RLS.

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
vittek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 July 21, 20:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey first I wanted to tell you the light mod is awesome work.
But i have a minor issue. Sometimes in some rooms, objects such as furniture turn nearly complete dark. The walls and floors are ok.
I can fix this by highlighting the objects with the hand or even mousing over it. However it's pretty reoccuring and I was wondering if it's a known issue or if I'm doing something wrong on my end.

Thanks!
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2008 July 22, 13:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its kind of a split problem with this mod and Smarter Lights. Where smarter lights will not let objects light up if the walls were added or removed, but will reset after a day transition. It will also affect wall lamps not casting any light if the wall is down.

The RLS side is the broken Maxis Diffuser light. Because most objects didn't have both diffusion and practical they will only cast on walls. This can be fixed by picking up the light source and dropping it or buying a new one.

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
vittek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 July 22, 15:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the quick answer.
So basicially it can be fixed by simply buying a new lamp? Also completely furnish a room before putting any lights in will that help?
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2008 July 23, 12:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and picking up the lamp and dropping it will also work. You can put lights an unfurnished room as long as sections of walls are not removed or added. The loss of light from this will reset itself when time passes; day to night ect.

vittek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 July 24, 16:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried it and it works. Thank you!
However another small thing I've noticed, sometimes certain light sources, mainly ceiling lamps loose their "shining" as they get dim and don't light out a room fully anymore.
Thanks again for your quick answers!
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2008 July 26, 11:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you're welcome.
This might be smart lights related but I'm not sure ill test it out.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 July 26, 18:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might have the same issue as vittek, I'm not sure.

Certain rooms/lights doesn't light up when it changes to dawn/dusk - they just get dark. I have to manually turn the rooms on, or move the lights to get lights at all. I's okay the first couple of times, but I've got alot of lights, and it's getting tedious fast. Is there anything that is possible to fix?

It's a great mod otherwise!  Tongue

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2008 July 30, 08:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Crash and vittek
It seems to be an issue with smarter lights. That is if you are using it. I've noticed without it, lots will light up on both objects and such correctly.  Although you will be losing the effects of the new auto lights.

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 July 30, 11:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Crash and vittek
It seems to be an issue with smarter lights. That is if you are using it. I've noticed without it, lots will light up on both objects and such correctly.  Although you will be losing the effects of the new auto lights.
Am I using smarter lights when I just download and install your stuff here? I thought smarter lights required downloading from MTS2? 

Also, I don't know if it's a conicidence, but some lights don't light up Ikea furniture when night comes. Also, at dusk/dawn no lights light up at all, and I was wondering if that's supposed to happen?

So far as I can tell, it's only ceiling lights that there are any problems with.

Don't argue with an idiot. He will just drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
vittek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 July 30, 18:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm how do i disable smarter lights then? I'd like to give it a try to see which one is better. Or are there plans to fix the light dimming issue with SL anytime?
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 July 31, 21:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having some issues with this mod, which are starting to get annoying. For instance, all dogs have gotten the glowing head of doom, in a bright sunny yellow shade. All elder beards have been tie-dyed purple. And on top of that all furniture in some rooms are almost black even hough there is plenty of lamps in the room. And yes, I did try to plop down the light again, after lifting it up. I also hadn't built any new walls at the time. I'm thinking that smarter lights is an issue? Since thats the only other lighting mod I have, I don't know what else could be the problem.

ETA: Took some pics of the offended, posted at my photobukkit account.
Dog issues.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn65/AnnaTingeling/snapshot_f5955f60_75960cdd.jpg
Penguin issues.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn65/AnnaTingeling/snapshot_f5955f60_f5991812.jpg
Beard issues.
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn65/AnnaTingeling/snapshot_759cb635_159de338.jpg
« Last Edit: 2008 July 31, 23:20:45 by Tingeling » Logged

- INTJ -
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2008 August 01, 09:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Crash
You don't have SL installed, it is a separate download.

This is caused by Maxis auto lights that don't turn on during dawn and dusk hours and when a sim is inside a sealed room with no windows. Also are custom lights the ones not lighting up the furniture? The mod currently doesn't support CC lights but I'll be posting a test file for that.

@vittek
a file called Numenor(Dizzy2)_GlobalHack_Smarter-Lights_AllGames will be in your sims 2 downloads folder. Did you ever install smarter lights?

@Tingeling
Never had any reports of this. Your shadow and lighting settings on high? Your graphics card model? And the mod currently doesn't support CC lights if those lights sources are coming from them.

EDIT: Funny screenshots BTW : )

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 August 01, 10:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Graphics card settings are on high, at present a Nvidia Geforce 7300 LE. I was using some wall lights from Nightlife, plus some ceiling lights from another later expansion, which I think was seasons. Come to think of it, I havent got the shadow settings on high, I'll try that out and report back.

EDIT: Nope, the dogs still are glowing yellow, newspapers and bathwater are turning blue when I zoom out and some lights are wonky. That is with all settings high on the graphics card.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 01, 20:04:17 by Tingeling » Logged

- INTJ -
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2008 August 01, 15:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Crash
You don't have SL installed, it is a separate download.

This is caused by Maxis auto lights that don't turn on during dawn and dusk hours and when a sim is inside a sealed room with no windows. Also are custom lights the ones not lighting up the furniture? The mod currently doesn't support CC lights but I'll be posting a test file for that.
Funnily enough I've had no problems whatsoever with custom lights. It's only Maxis ceiling lights that I have an issue with. I haven't seen any correlation between windows and sims being in the rooms. I Have the same issue in all rooms concerning lights turning on.

vittek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2008 August 01, 20:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah then nope I don't have smarter lights installed at all then. Hmm it's good to know that custom lights may cause problems though. Alas i remember only using Maxis lights anyway. I really hope there's a work around for this issue as I really love this mod.
vittek
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 August 05, 15:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So umm any news on the issue or workarounds? Smiley
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2008 August 08, 10:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@tigleling
Not sure if this will work but try to increase smooth edges.

@vittek, Crash
As of further testing it's not SL causing this specific problem. It's do the lights that were using broken diffuser lighting. You may need to sell the lights and buy a new one. at least according to gunmod. This doesn't always work as the game will just the diffuser instead excluding practical.

Wall lights that lose their Practical lighting can be fixed by bring the walls up enough to show the light and gain it's practical lighting again. Happens when you are on a lower level and moved up with the wall lights not visible.

Ceiling lights seem to lose their Practical lighting at random for me and affects lots that are not in the neighborhood or are pre-placed lots. I re-buy the light but it won't always fix the problem as it will sometime lose Practical during time transitions.

I'll still be looking into this.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 08, 11:14:01 by dDefinder » Logged

Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 August 08, 16:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for looking into this dDefinder.
I have of course tried buying new lights - I tried almost everything it seems. Buying new lights have never solved the problem permanently for me, only until next dawn/dusk appears. (Haven't noticed any problem with wall lights so far.) I usually go into buy mode and move the light around a bit, then it lights up (and light up objects), or I move to another level then back. Sometimes just one technique is enough, sometimes I have to do both.

Also, I forgot to mention that no lights light up at dawn and dusk for me - dawn/dusk is dark - if I want lights I need to light them manually. I don't know if that is a feature or a bug. It doesn't bother me too much though, because it's rather realistic that it takes a while for my sims to light up the rooms. But I'm curious about it.

Thanks again for looking into this.

/Crash

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 August 10, 10:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all settings on high on the games graphics, so I'm thinking there must be something else that's causing the weird lighting effects. Since it's the bathwater, newspaper, bright colored pillows that turn blue when I zoom out, there must be something else that's not quite right. All of the above affected items are at least cream colored, if not white, so something in the mod is not handling whiteish stuff very well. Either that, or my game is just wonky. If my memory serves me right, I did put the files in their correct folder, but can a misplaced file cause the wonkiness?

I really like this mod, and even though I'm not experienced in modding I'd like to help. Is there something else that can be done? Some configuration that I have that's different from others? Although I get the impression Crash has some of the same issues.

Anyways, despite the issues, great work!

- INTJ -
Night Racer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 August 10, 22:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the pool gets all messed up at ngihttime
the lights turn on and the floor gets all pixeley and messed up and not nice.
want a pic? i can take one  Tongue

I seem to have lost my mind. I'm going to look for it, if you see it tell it to wait for me.
jerryking
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 August 15, 06:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a cool mod. Hope you get the dimming lights issue fixed. On community lots 2nd floor the lights get dim and there is no way while you are playing the game to replace the lights. I have TS2 Uni NL and OFB, if I use the shader file it hoses my swimming pool and make it look terrible. Should I be altering the config file to fix any of the dim lights isssues??

Sim Pirate
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
Re: Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.3 beta 1.4A
« Reply #72 on: 2008 August 17, 08:06:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UPDATE 1.4a
It's a early release; not updated on MTS.

Changes to the lighting to have a more "smoother" appearance, at the same time it affected everything else like lights/windows. Made adjustments accordingly may have missed a few though. Dawn and dusk have been re-done. tell me what you think? Also increased the brightness to sealed room and dark spots no more randomly clicking in the dark.

*2.3 Bata 1.4a* AUG-17
--Changed how the overall global lighting is handled. (May resolve certain technical problems)
--Lights and windows edited for new light setting.
--Radiance is now gradually loses light instead of instantly.
--Increase brightness to sealed rooms and dark spots to support gameplay.
--Changes to userstartup.cheat.
--Shadows appear as they should on walls.
--Brighten indoor window spill during overcast.
--Seasons color increase.
--Adjusted dawn and dusk.
--Edits to the default lighting stats (Custom Lights support)
--Indoor window spill increase for overcast.

Notice: Userstartup.cheat has been updated. If you were using 1.4 You need to update Userstartup.cheat and The Sims 2 folder. (Check How to update)

@Crash
Install Smarter Lights as it will make lights turn on during dawn/dusk.

@Tingeling
It will cause problems if the files are placed in the wrong folder. It also could of been a setting in the userstartup that the mod used. I should of asked you to disable some of them. But I've updated the mod. some items in the userstart up have been disabled by default so I'm not sure if it work for you.

@Cockroach
sure a pic will help. you using the optional pool shaders?

@jerryking
Gunmod said something about going to each lot and having to replace each of the lights that still used the old broken diffuser lighting.  For me they all seemed to work without me having to touch them but this is from my limit time I played downtown lots. You can remove the shader file and see if its better?

EDIT: I've changed dawn and dusk again. currently there some lights are a bit too bright and some are way too dark. 
« Last Edit: 2008 August 17, 15:10:15 by dDefinder » Logged

Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 August 17, 10:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, I'll try this new version and see how it looks. I'll let you know how it works out. Yay!

Edit: Expelled stupid sentence.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 17, 11:12:45 by Tingeling » Logged

- INTJ -
Crash
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 August 17, 14:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks dDefinder,

I'll try the new version and install smarter lights. I much appreciate the update!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: