More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 05:38:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Don't hate me because I have to pee...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Don't hate me because I have to pee...  (Read 27656 times)
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Don't hate me because I have to pee...
« Reply #50 on: 2005 October 17, 17:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always wondered why sims didn't get fun from reading their newspaper on the toilet

Have you ever noticed that the newspaper they read in the can is actually clickable?  It has all the normal newspaper interactions.  I keep trying to click on Do Crossword but no matter what you click on, it just cancels out when the Sim sticks the newspaper... well, back wherever they got it from in the first place.

Yeah, they should get fun and logic.  Comfort.  Bladder, of course.  And if the potty has a bidet, hygiene too. Smiley

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 October 17, 17:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they are just thinking bad thoughts because they are afraid that sim is going to make the bathroom stink and they dont have a fan in there. Huh

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 October 17, 18:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you ever noticed that the newspaper they read in the can is actually clickable?  It has all the normal newspaper interactions.  I keep trying to click on Do Crossword but no matter what you click on, it just cancels out when the Sim sticks the newspaper... well, back wherever they got it from in the first place.
Yep, tried that too.  Tried to get them to look for a job once but he wouldn't do it.  I thought he should do at least one useful thing while he was sitting on the toilet that morning.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 October 17, 19:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, quite a few of my sims have a bidet - they get fun from it, but not much else!  (It's simGedoehns and it's decorative.  Have you noticed how much fun they get from "view"!)  And playing Red Hands builds fun faster even than kicking those poor downtrodden flamingoes!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 October 17, 22:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, quite a few of my sims have a bidet - they get fun from it, but not much else!  (It's simGedoehns and it's decorative.  Have you noticed how much fun they get from "view"!)  And playing Red Hands builds fun faster even than kicking those poor downtrodden flamingoes!
No, Flamingo-whomping is definitely faster, but the hand game has the collateral benefits of relationship building and social boost, at the obvious drawback of having to locate and possibly interrupt somebody who will accept.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2005 October 17, 23:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, they should get fun and logic.  Comfort.  Bladder, of course.  And if the potty has a bidet, hygiene too. Smiley

Hook

They can gain logic from doing the crossword while on the loo.

It's happened to me on more than one occasion.

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 October 17, 23:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Flamingo-whomping is definitely faster, but the hand game has the collateral benefits of relationship building and social boost, at the obvious drawback of having to locate and possibly interrupt somebody who will accept.
JM, have you ever had flamingoes get worn out or get blocked?  I have had problems lately in some of my lots where everything has been going fine but suddenly they can't kick the flamingo.  They complain like something is blocking them with a thought bubble of the flamingo, and I usually have more than one, so they will run to the other and do the same thing and back and forth.  I've tried moving them, and sometimes it will help for a while but sometimes it won't.  I ended up buying new ones, and that seemed to fix it for now.  Some of them sold for $5.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 October 18, 00:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen evidence in the game that suggests the flamingo can break, although there's not a special graphic that shows it.  Have you ever notice that the environment score goes down a bit whenever the kicked flamingo falls over?  What's weirder, the environment score will go back up in time on its own.

I had a case once where my Sim couldn't kick the flamingo, but it turned out the maid was coming out to stand the thing back up at the time.

I usually keep a flamingo around for emergencies Smiley but without the automated kick/stand-back-up, using it is more trouble than it's usually worth.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 October 18, 05:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your poor sims must be poverty stricken indeed if their only means of gaining fun is flamingo-kicking!  Besides, it's mostly visitors, like ignored townie teens who've invited themselves after school and then expect your teen sim to concentrate on them instead of getting homework out of the way!  And I personally couldn't care less how low townie teens get, just so long as they stay away from the trashcan!

Zephyr Zodiac
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 October 18, 20:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have taken to sending a sim to run out and water balloon anyone that kicks the trash can over, I have yet to see any one of those same sims return to kick the can again. Half the time the sim getting water bombed laughs it off. Prank for a prank I figure.
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2005 October 18, 20:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, have you ever had flamingoes get worn out or get blocked?  I have had problems lately in some of my lots where everything has been going fine but suddenly they can't kick the flamingo.  They complain like something is blocking them with a thought bubble of the flamingo, and I usually have more than one, so they will run to the other and do the same thing and back and forth.  I've tried moving them, and sometimes it will help for a while but sometimes it won't.  I ended up buying new ones, and that seemed to fix it for now.  Some of them sold for $5.

This has also been happening to me. I tried replacing them, moving them, but no go. Sometimes it helps, but more often than not it didn't. I finally got frustrated and placed a gnome, and voila! It kinda worked again. The sim will try to kick the flamingo, but when they can't, they go kick the gnome.

Tried kick stuff later on, and they were able to kick the flamingo again without issues  Undecided

Gosh.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 October 18, 21:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have taken to sending a sim to run out and water balloon anyone that kicks the trash can over, I have yet to see any one of those same sims return to kick the can again. Half the time the sim getting water bombed laughs it off. Prank for a prank I figure.

Love it!  I'll definitely try that next time it happens!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 October 18, 23:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, back to the red x thing, I definitely notice it more than before either NL or the patch, and I'm pretty sure it's not just the power of suggestion. I had a bunch of sims over at one of the smaller houses, and they were all hanging out in one room. There was a sim in the bathtub, and one using the toilet (throwing up with morning sickness). Not only did every single sim, including toddlers, have the thought bubble with the x, some sims were having double thought bubbles of it. And they weren't just a fleeting thing like they were, before, either. The bubbles stayed there for a while. They were all picturing the guy in the tub, too, and not the sim who was actually using the toilet. And I checked motives. I had actually just refreshed everyone's bladder just before, so their bars were all a solid green. Very irritating. And spam-ish.
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 October 19, 02:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bathroom Red X thing isn't related to pathfinding at all, because it will happen even whenother  sims are stationary or even doing something else which is nonmobile. It is a mystery.

My current theory on the Bathroom Red X phenomena is that it is part of the detection code for "lose bladder control at party" scenario.  But I don't know what controller object would be monitoring bladder changes so closely.  I may have to go poke around in some BHAV code now...
« Last Edit: 2005 October 19, 03:05:13 by Torkle » Logged

---
Torkle
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 October 19, 07:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen evidence in the game that suggests the flamingo can break, although there's not a special graphic that shows it.  Have you ever notice that the environment score goes down a bit whenever the kicked flamingo falls over?  What's weirder, the environment score will go back up in time on its own.
The Flamingo can occasionally become "jammed". It is not broken, it simply is unkickable from one side. This is generally resolved if you direct a sim to manually kick it from the other side.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: