More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:05:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  News Paper Thief in BV win everytime ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: News Paper Thief in BV win everytime ?  (Read 7843 times)
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
News Paper Thief in BV win everytime ?
« on: 2007 September 26, 10:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've a pretty bastard sim that steal the newspaper to everyone Cheesy
but, a morning my sim wake up early, and keep his newspapaper just when the paperboy drop it..
then he goes in his home to read it..
while he is reading the papaer, the bastard-one come and take the journal directly from the road  Shocked
and the weired things is that the paper disappear  Angry

i've never seen this kind of bug, so i think that's 'cause BV.
so, anyone have the same problem ?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Re: News Paper Thief in BV win everytime ?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 26, 10:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah. if the interaction is already queued up for the newspaper thief, then the paper, no matter where it is, will disappear.

What I do if I actually want the paper is I pause the game as soon as the paper is dropped by the delivery person & go into buy mode & pop it inside.

I miss what happened in seasons where if you did it while the interaction was in queue, the thief would take an old paper, effectively cleaning up for you.

I'm not so sure I mind the thefts - keeps the yard tidy.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 27, 00:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah. if the interaction is already queued up for the newspaper thief, then the paper, no matter where it is, will disappear.

What I do if I actually want the paper is I pause the game as soon as the paper is dropped by the delivery person & go into buy mode & pop it inside.

That doesn't always work for me. I've put the paper inside manually and still have had it stolen, even when the door is locked. I think the only way that works all the time is 'bring in paper' before a thieving interaction begins. I'm still running Seasons and sometimes they just steal the old paper instead of the new one, but I had a paper stolen out of a Sim's hands the other day when an old paper still sat by the mailbox, because my Sim and the thief started for the paper at the same time and my Sim got to it first.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 27, 04:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hide papers under the foundation, then put the last one (after the paper girl whines) into inventory. No more stupid stealing. I also hide the garbage can away from the kickers and strays. I've never seen someone just randomly kick over trashcans in real life. Bash mailboxes in with a bat, sure.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 27, 16:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never see a paper stolen.  Shocked I'd be grateful for the yard cleanup. LOL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 27, 16:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hide papers under the foundation, then put the last one (after the paper girl whines) into inventory. No more stupid stealing. I also hide the garbage can away from the kickers and strays. I've never seen someone just randomly kick over trashcans in real life. Bash mailboxes in with a bat, sure.
Eh, I've heard of trashcan kicking AND mailbox bashing before. Just for lulz, once I filled my mailbox with concrete, painted a target on it, and left it. I don't actually receive mail at this address.

Predictably, someone had taken a swing at it, the discarded cracked bat having been thrown into the yard. I'll let you figure out what happens when someone takes a swing at a mailbox from a moving vehicle and instead of encountering a soft, yielding aluminum mailbox, strikes hard, unyielding, concrete.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 27, 17:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this object can be a solution  Grin

when you ear the evil laugh, put the game in pause and use this evil object on your target
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147564

muwhaha  Grin
eenaleor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 27, 18:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I see a paper thief coming and have playables still at home, I always tell them to greet the thief and as soon as he/she stops walking, cancel the interaction. The thief will then run away without paper. Still works with BV for me.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 28, 20:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not so sure I mind the thefts - keeps the yard tidy.

It can be a problem if a sim catches the thief, since they'll then drop their queue and stand around yelling for a long time.  If this happens while they are on their way to catch their schoolbus/carpool they are pretty much guaranteed to miss school/work.

I have asked Pes for a no newspaper thief queue stompination hack, but was told to use the "three papers under the foundation" trick in stead, so that's what I've been doing.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
lowbart
Blathering Buffoon

Why? Why?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 28, 20:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone ran over my mailbox and destroyed my dad's little mailbox garden once. I'm surprised it didn't totally screw up the portals outside my house.

Quote from: Liz
I find it particularly disingenuous of Seabolt to attempt to claim that "Advertising is very organic to the 'Sims 3' experience." Apparently 'organic' is code for "We thought of some places we can stick it." Should they run out of ideas, I could gladly recommend some nice, organic place
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 29, 11:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this object can be a solution  Grin

when you ear the evil laugh, put the game in pause and use this evil object on your target
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147564

muwhaha  Grin

Smite works fine, too Grin

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 29, 11:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen this happen. Is it only sims that are furious with the residents that steal papers? My sims are far too nice and never get mad with each other so maybe that would explain it.

We don't have mail boxes here so sadly I can't now fill one with concrete and wait for some idiot to damage his arm trying to destroy it. Before we all got special wheelie bins from the council we did used to get people slashing bin bags and strewing the contents over the pavement, I guess thats the same as trashcan kicking, just without the trashcan.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 29, 11:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen this happen. Is it only sims that are furious with the residents that steal papers? My sims are far too nice and never get mad with each other so maybe that would explain it.

It depends - the Diva and Mr. Big always steal the newspaper, no matter if you are friends with them or not. So if you have a Downtown district attached to your neighborhood, the paper gets stolen pretty often (unless your sim lives in a hood other than Downtown and you have localwalkbys installed).

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 29, 14:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few playable sims steal the paper on a regular basis and they aren't furious with anyone in the household. 

I always thought mean sims would steal the paper and if I remember correctly, the sims doing the stealing only have a few nice points.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 29, 16:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I'm pretty sure it's the meanness level -- play Strangetown sometime, and Loki Beaker will be stealing the papers off every lot.  He has 0 nice/mean points.  In my current Strangetown (which is my test hood), Loki is long gone, but a servo he made, which also has 0 mean/nice points, is the current paper stealer.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 29, 17:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends - the Diva and Mr. Big always steal the newspaper, no matter if you are friends with them or not. So if you have a Downtown district attached to your neighborhood, the paper gets stolen pretty often (unless your sim lives in a hood other than Downtown and you have localwalkbys installed).

I've never seen that - maybe it's because I never let my sims speak to them?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 29, 18:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that I've never seen the Diva, Mr. Big, or the slob at all. I'm sure that I could do a search and find out how to locate them, but from what I've heard there's nothing terribly compelling about these characters, so I don't have much of a reason to hunt them down. Although my mean (playable and townie) sims do steal the paper from time to time. I get a lot more trashcan kickers than I do paper stealers.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 29, 18:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My trashcan kicker and newspaper stealer in Queen's Cove are the same. According to the face template she's based off, she's a regular townie teen. She also has bright pink hair and hangs out at Kennedy's convenience store, playing her handheld game and not buying anything.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 29, 20:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use NoKickTrash by Inge Jones. I always hated having the trash cans kicked over  Tongue

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 30, 00:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Predictably, someone had taken a swing at it, the discarded cracked bat having been thrown into the yard. I'll let you figure out what happens when someone takes a swing at a mailbox from a moving vehicle and instead of encountering a soft, yielding aluminum mailbox, strikes hard, unyielding, concrete.

Did they cause themself grievous bodily harm, by any chance?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 30, 01:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

State the obvious Aggie!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 30, 02:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

State the obvious Aggie!

Is that my new nickname? If so, it should probably read 'State-the-Obvious Aggie.' If not, perhaps you meant the statement, 'State the obvious, Aggie!' [note the inclusion of the elusive comma]  Wink   Cheesy

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: