More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:47:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bodyshop Face Weirdness
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bodyshop Face Weirdness  (Read 6048 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Bodyshop Face Weirdness
« on: 2007 September 26, 05:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just noticed this very strange problem tonight and I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing the same thing (at least one other person is:)

Where before installing Bon Voyage I had twenty-seven template faces that appeared in the Adult Male face lineup in Bodyshop, and each one always contained the same unique face that matched its thumbnail image...now I have twenty-eight slots.  The new one, which is first in the lineup, has a thumbnail which appears identical to that of the face which is now third, but clicking it brings up a random adult male face, a different one each time I load the program.

I do not have an extra slot for the female faces or the other age groups, just the Adult Males.  Can anybody else verify this bug for me, and if so, tell me what kinds of hacks you have installed (in particular, whether you use a no-CD crack or have anything installed which does not reside in the Downloads folder?  Clean neighborhood templates and the like?  This seems to happen for me even when my Downloads folder is empty.)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
calalily
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Bodyshop Face Weirdness
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 26, 06:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this with nothing installed - and others have reported it too and I bought my disc at a shop, and I use the disk to load the game - everything according to instructions.  I thought at first that it was a new template, but it isn't - it's a repeat.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 26, 06:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this with nothing installed - and others have reported it too and I bought my disc at a shop, and I use the disk to load the game - everything according to instructions.  I thought at first that it was a new template, but it isn't - it's a repeat.

Hmm, okay, thanks for the info.  Glad I'm not just going crazy or didn't break it somehow.  XD  That extra face slot doesn't seem to behave consistently--sometimes it loads a random template face, other times it picks up whatever Sim face you've just cloned and uses that like a template, which might actually be useful if it worked that way always and for all ages--and it's only present with the adult males, so I doubt it's anything they included on purpose.  Probably just another Maxis screw-up.

doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 26, 11:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apart from the face "template" a random male sim (when you create a new sim) always wears a strange Yeti-like beard now. I don't think that beard even exists in the beard section.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 26, 11:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apart from the face "template" a random male sim (when you create a new sim) always wears a strange Yeti-like beard now. I don't think that beard even exists in the beard section.

Yeah, I get that too.  I assume it's the Bigfoot beard, but I didn't realize it isn't in the beard section...

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 26, 12:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, it is in the beard section, and it's used on game generated townies as well. One of my Takamizu locals has it, and after having changed his hair color to black, it looks pretty cool actually Cheesy.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 26, 13:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed a large number of oddities in CAS (and also some in Bodyshop) - when I loaded BV, I decided to go through my skins and get rid of a load of stuff, not least all the face paints with piercings.  I think EA/Maxis have borked the skin section.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 26, 13:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed when I was looking through the game resources that Bigfoot has his own face archetype. I figured that it was probably hidden from normal use, but for whatever reason shows up in BodyShop as the current sim's face, I guess because Bodyshop doesn't know what else to do with it.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 26, 15:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem when I was building my non-replacement template set, the bigfoot template is probably just borked somewhere.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 26, 20:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem when I was building my non-replacement template set, the bigfoot template is probably just borked somewhere.

Non-replacement template set?  *Perks ears*

Incidentally, after a couple of tries I have come to the conclusion that I am simply not awesome enough to make brand new face templates of my own.  :/  Would you object if I added one to my own set that replaces your proof-of-concept template, though?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 26, 21:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-replacement template set?  *Perks ears*
OMG want. One of these years I'll get around to setting my three replacement sets (mine + two others) to one super-set.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: