More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:44:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mod/Hack Request?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mod/Hack Request?  (Read 4540 times)
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Mod/Hack Request?
« on: 2007 September 26, 00:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm... I'm not terribly familiar with the modding community or where to go to make requests. I'm pretty particular about the source of my hacks and use as few non-awesome ones as I can get away with. So, when I couldn't find what I was looking for I hoped this would be an acceptable place to ask. What I'm interested in is a craftable potions station. I'm well aware of the buyable potions mods out there, but I really prefer to make my sims work for things. If this isn't the place for requests of this nature but someone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Re: Mod/Hack Request?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 26, 01:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There used to be something like this in Sims 1 right?  Sims 1 had some really cool crafting stations, especially in the Makin' Magic expansion.  I miss them!

Otherwise, I'm not sure who would take on that request here.  Never know, you might get lucky.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 26, 01:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I STILL miss the labatory from the sims 1, oh sure they got the whole juicer thing now but it's not the same.  If anything i think the juice thing is actually rather useless unless you got a grocery store where you can buy unlimited supplies of stuff even then its uses could be debatable.

A potion making station would be cool but honestly i don't think i've ever seen one.  You could "try" modthesims2 thats assuming you can actually find something with their horribly crappy search engine that brings up everything not related to your search.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 26, 01:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was a time when MTS had a awesome Search called Beta search i think.  And yea I dunno where that went Sad

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 26, 06:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The MTS2 Harry Potter set includes a cauldron that you can use to make potions, but I'm not sure if it's been updated or not.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 26, 16:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had found the Cauldran. It hasn't been updated to include the potions from Pets or Seasons although it does still function. The look isn't what I was wanting. Nor the brewable potions really very useful in the non-HarryPotter 'verse. Aaand the rate of learning the skill was way too fast. I mean I'm not picky or anything... Wink Thanks though for pointing it out. I might just be forced to use it anyway.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 30, 23:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I would try asking for this on the Insimenator website. It's smaller than MTS2 and the folks there seem more open to requests. I'm not sure if Monique takes requests, but this seems like the sort of thing she might be willing to do. She's already made buyable versions of some of the potions. I'd also be interested in such a hack, actually, since I have in my game a witch with a potion shop. It would be cool if she had to make the potions in order to sell them.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 01, 09:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apart from anything else, InSimenator actually *has* a requests forum, unlike MATY or MTS2 Tongue

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 01, 22:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always forget about InSimenator. I hardly ever go there. I might wander over to an actual request forum and ask. Thanks! Btw, since posting this, I found a beautiful set of meshes in the Alchemy Lab set from CaravanShopSims2.net. If only they functioned. Anyway, thanks again for pointing me in a more productive direction.

Corylea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 07, 15:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could "try" modthesims2 thats assuming you can actually find something with their horribly crappy search engine that brings up everything not related to your search.

Their own search engine still sucks rocks, but they've added the ability to search MTS2 with the google search engine, and that's actually pretty useful.  Not perfect, but WAY better than their own.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays computer games.    Film at 11.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: