More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 29, 09:08:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Heatstroke & returning from vacation - don't do it.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Heatstroke & returning from vacation - don't do it.  (Read 2188 times)
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Heatstroke & returning from vacation - don't do it.
« on: 2007 September 25, 16:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found an interesting dilemma tonight. If a sim passes out from heatstroke, they will end up stuck in a loop of return home/wakeup. Basically, the go home command bullies it's way into the queue, making it impossible for a sim to wake up from their heatstroke, leaving their companions in shuttle bus limbo waiting to go home.

The way I fixed it was to use insim to enable build & buy modes, then I used the stuck object remover to delete the heatstroke-affected sim. The companions were able to return home safely, and once the home lot loaded, all people were present & accounted for.

It's unlikely that this would come up too often in most games, but you know me - callous bitch & all. Anyway, it's a heads-up to you all.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Heatstroke & returning from vacation - don't do it.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 25, 18:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've discovered it doesn't take a lot to stomp the 'go home' command.  I had two sims on a community lot in the beach resort who were close to falling asleep from exhaustion, so I commanded them to walk home to the hotel.  They went maybe 5 steps when it started hailing, and the 'it's hailing' reaction stomped the go home command.  Had it happen at least 5 times in a row -- I'd command them to go home, cancel the hail reaction, they'd go a few steps, and the hail reaction would stomp the queue again.  I finally ended up having them go back indoors and wait out the hail so I could send them home (and cheated their energy level up a bit so they didn't pass out as soon as they got to the hotel lot).

Time to put some coffee bars on the comm lots, I guess.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: