More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:13:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Inventory oddity
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Inventory oddity  (Read 3815 times)
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
Inventory oddity
« on: 2007 September 25, 02:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who had been to all three vacation spots, but had still not completed her quest. So I returned her to Twikki Island where she  plundered the pirate ship. When I checked her inventory to see what she got I noticed a blank slot in her inventory. Mousing over or clicking on it gives me a "*Social - Gesture - Local Greetings" description.
Whatever it is, it can be given as a gift after the family has returned to the main hood, but once it's 'placed' somewhere it totally disappears.
It doesn't seem to have had any affect on anything in my game, so far... so should I be concerned, or is it just a random glitch?
This is a test hood with no hacks and very little CC.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
Re: Inventory oddity
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 28, 14:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My vacationing sim bought a souvenir that was actually an invisible *Look-at-box* when he returned to the home lot.  Something's broken.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 29, 01:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have BV yet, but I've had these weird inventory glitches since OFB. In my case, it only seems to occur on home business lots that sell crafted items. Strange things like customers' plumbobs, invisible cheesecakes, and 'routing eye attractor' (or something like that) would show up in my business-owner's inventory, and often could not be deleted, or even clicked on, without crashing the game. Since then, my sims strictly run retail and entertainment businesses (no crafted items allowed). This sucks, as the crafting stations are one of the main appeals of OFB, but since it's my favourite EP next to Seasons, and I refuse to uninstall it, I've been putting up with the (self-imposed) limitations. Stupid EA.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 29, 06:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a fruitbowl that says *Social-Ask-Play Pirate*. This is weird. I daren't delete it just in case I break something!

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 29, 06:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Now that is odd.

I just installed BV on a computer I have access to while out of town for a couple of months and look forward to finding some weirdness before I get home and install on my own computer. Sort of a test run, so to speak.

One thing that I thought was funny while checking out the Traveler family was when little Tina came home from school a pop-up said: You just returned from vacation and have received a memento for the occasion! (Or something to that effect). I hoped that it would happen everyday, but no luck.  Tongue

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 29, 06:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What did she get? I never heard of that before.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 29, 06:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me either, but I didn't object!  Cheesy I didn't check to see what she got, I was too surprised at the time, plus playing a vanilla game, there was a lot of clicking going on, to prevent the new mommy in the house from expiring.

I'll check it out next game play and let you know.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: