More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:22:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Begging a la Omri Chan
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Begging a la Omri Chan  (Read 3254 times)
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
Begging a la Omri Chan
« on: 2007 September 24, 13:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would an awesome modder be kind enough to supply us a "how-to" to update pre-BV custom computers so we can have the vacation functions?  Or better yet give us the necessary files (BHAV?) so we can swap them on these pre-BV computers?  If anyone has done that on other sites, could you point me to the right direction?  I searched MATY (yes, I know search button is my friend) but didn't come up with anything.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for any kind soul who can help.

Mooooo
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Begging a la Omri Chan
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 24, 14:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your Omri-Chan impression is terrible!

IIRC, it should be as easy as overwriting the pie menu functions and pie menu strings with the new options, but my memory isn't perfect. If I could get at my Sims computer right now, I'd just do it for you, but it'll be a couple of hours. The way I did it with Pets (and with fridges in Seasons) was to just clone a Maxis compy/fridge in Object Workshop, and compare it against the CC object. Whatever the Maxis one has that the CC one doesn't, update it in the CC.

Edit: I should probably clarify that, for the sake of completeness. Only update the CC with the stuff that pertains to Vacation interactions.

Edit2: You got me worried I'd steered you wrong. I didn't, but since I was already there, I made a package with the appropriate things.

Open it in SimPE
Right click the 2 files in turn and choose "Extract." Save them somewhere happy, and name them something logical.
Open the custom compy.
Find the "Pie Menu Functions" part. Right click the file and choose "Replace." Browse to the appropriate file you extracted.
Find the "Pie Menu Strings" part. Right click the file and choose "Replace." Browse to the appropriate file you extracted.
Save and enjoy.

* bv_compy.package (65.83 KB - downloaded 143 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 September 24, 14:41:13 by Captain Swooptie » Logged
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 24, 15:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woowee, Capt Swooptie to the rescue!!!  And despite what they all say, MATY folks are not all crotchety.  There are still sweet folks like Capt Swooptie.  And all I had to do was ask.  Thanks.  (That's it for the warm fuzzies, I swear.)

I guess my Omri-Chan impression was terrible, now that you pointed it out.  I should have said "Like, oy, OMGz1111101, give me some, give me some.  If you don't, I'll keep, like, whining."

Mooooo
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 24, 16:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought Omri-Chan begging was specifically for pre-order bonuses, that was a fairly pathetic attempt at 12, it was even written in English.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 25, 03:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woowee, Capt Swooptie to the rescue!!!  And despite what they all say, MATY folks are not all crotchety.  There are still sweet folks like Capt Swooptie.  And all I had to do was ask.  Thanks.  (That's it for the warm fuzzies, I swear.)

I guess my Omri-Chan impression was terrible, now that you pointed it out.  I should have said "Like, oy, OMGz1111101, give me some, give me some.  If you don't, I'll keep, like, whining."

PHAIL. You are too nice. Also, your English is too good. But props for citing my favorite Shadow Senator.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 25, 05:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woowee, Capt Swooptie to the rescue!!!  And despite what they all say, MATY folks are not all crotchety.  There are still sweet folks like Capt Swooptie. 

Yeah, well Capt. Swooptie is still a n00b, hence the niceness. Give it time.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: