More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:35:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Vacation Fixes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vacation Fixes  (Read 38412 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Vacation Fixes
« on: 2007 September 19, 11:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Giant bogroll of vacation fixes, including all beach activities, fire dance, mining, witch doctor voodoo give, etc. Replaces previous sandcastlefixes as well as Dizzy's Watch Waves fix.

vacationfixes.zip

Vacation Fixes for TS2BV
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted
Dizzy

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

TONS OF BUGS FIXED:
Abandoned beach objects now self-destruct correctly.
Witch Doctor "Give Voodoo Doll" glitchiness workaround fixed.
Fire Dance memento now properly given.
Indoor mining no longer blocked by outdoor snow.
Log rolling pit no longer inoperable due to outdoor snow when indoors.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2BV.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 24, 18:42:58 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Vacation Fixes
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 19, 14:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice. Okay, I've been looking over the Destination -> Beach - Sunbathe code, and it appears to have a very similar bug.

Is it just me or does Interaction - Beach - Watch Waves also leave a copy of the Destination object lying around as well?  Huh

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 19, 16:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added sunbathing bug fix. Wave-watching appears to have been done correctly, the wave-watcher controller self-destructs on 0 users, not on a fiddlybit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 19, 22:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, something is littering my beaches with Beach Destinations. I'll see if I can track it down.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 27, 11:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like Beachtowels get not proper removed after sunbathing. See the black spots on my Beach Lot.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 27, 12:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like Beachtowels get not proper removed after sunbathing. See the black spots on my Beach Lot.
[IMAGE]

This specific lot seems borked, anyway. After remodelling it a bit, my sim lost the ability to walk slopes. He couldn't get down to the water to swim or watch waves, and he couldn't get to the hammock, though I didn't change the way to it. I had to flatten the terrain and build stairs  Roll Eyes

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 27, 12:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have leftover beach junk, the new Lot Debugger has incorporated all this into "Nuke Beach Junk".

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 27, 14:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[IMAGE]

This specific lot seems borked, anyway. After remodelling it a bit, my sim lost the ability to walk slopes. He couldn't get down to the water to swim or watch waves, and he couldn't get to the hammock, though I didn't change the way to it. I had to flatten the terrain and build stairs  Roll Eyes
Have you tried with other sims? I have one specific sim who is about a day from kicking it. As soon as she turned elder, she couldn't walk from the sidewalk to the porch, from the porch to her basement "apartment", porch to beach, etc. She's had to teleport everywhere. She's the only one I have who knows how to teleport. Everyone else in the house, and all the tourists who come to the beach to hang out, have no trouble whatsoever. Flattening terrain and adding stairs in spots was just a temporary solution, as she still screams about the crimped spots two squares away from where she's walking...in a tiny alcove I can't fix without a total remodel.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 27, 15:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have leftover beach junk, the new Lot Debugger has incorporated all this into "Nuke Beach Junk".

Baaaaa!!! It worked fine, to fine in my opinion but who cares. It fixed 26 Objects. (A Tresurechest, some Shells alot Sculptures and other stuff they digged up to) But the Towels are burniated.
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 28, 02:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried with other sims? I have one specific sim who is about a day from kicking it. As soon as she turned elder, she couldn't walk from the sidewalk to the porch, from the porch to her basement "apartment", porch to beach, etc. She's had to teleport everywhere. She's the only one I have who knows how to teleport. Everyone else in the house, and all the tourists who come to the beach to hang out, have no trouble whatsoever. Flattening terrain and adding stairs in spots was just a temporary solution, as she still screams about the crimped spots two squares away from where she's walking...in a tiny alcove I can't fix without a total remodel.

You know, I am having that problem with a teen who could teleport as well and not on a beach lot. It was after
returning home from a vacation. She could not walk up the walkway to her house. No one else had a
problem with the walkway. I tried nuking every square of the walkway. No go. She just has to teleport
from the mailbox to wherever in the house she needs to go.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 28, 08:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried with other sims, but with other lots, and the sim in question had no problems with slopes elsewhere. He could go fishing with bigfoot just fine, for example, and the lakefront on bigfoot's lot is pretty uneven.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 04, 20:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've begun having problems as well.  I have a house with 3 adults, 1 child.  Everyone can get to the beach except Dad.  He was a werewolf, and I thought he might have something stupid like hydrophobia, so I cured him of lycanthropy.  Nope.  I tried leveling the bumps to the beach.  No.  I tried forcing an error on him.  Not that, either.  Everyone else has no problems at all.

It may be significant that he is the only one that learned how to teleport while he was on his honeymoon.  *shrugs*  I feel kinda bad for him.  He used to swim and beachcomb a lot.  The icon comes up, and he sometimes can walk a bit, then it seems like a fence is blocking him.  I've tried manually routing him, but that doesn't work.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 04, 20:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't someone call "sims who learn how to teleport will only be able to go from place to place by teleporting" as an upcoming bug in the L&P thread?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 04, 20:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't someone call "sims who learn how to teleport will only be able to go from place to place by teleporting" as an upcoming bug in the L&P thread?

Well, that's just great.  There's one holiday want that I'm glad my latest honeymooners didn't fulfill then.  What happens if you remove the learned to teleport token and memories - would they revert back to walking or are they borked for good?  Maybe I can test it this weekend, since I have a SimPE QA that seems to work. 

Tribulatio proxima est
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 04, 23:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not necessarily convinced it's the teleport-memory that's causing this.  I have one teen in a family of 4 teens and 2 adults who never seems able to get up and down the slope of a maxis house.  He has no teleport ability or memory.  I'll look at him further and report back if anyone seems interested.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 05, 02:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Numaari's started a thread here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9891.0.html since it's not really related to this hack.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: